My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

Niles Crane (Frasier) 2nd wife was she really that bad?

7 replies

Enko · 23/10/2020 09:55

I was thinking this morning. Obviously the entire series is set up for Niles and Daphne to get together. However Niles 2nd wife Mel before they turned her into a crazy woman spurned. I cany help but think she was actually quite a hood match for Niles. Educated and encouraging tutor him to go for his dreams. Had Daphne not existed (or married Donny) then Mel and Niles could have been happy?

Still utterly love Frasier btw

OP posts:
Enko · 23/10/2020 09:55

Sorry about spelling mistake on phone and dog being annoying as wants a walk

OP posts:
Strawberrypancakes · 23/10/2020 09:56

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Enko · 23/10/2020 09:58

She talked him into also going for the presidency standing against Frasier however it had also been Niles dream to be the president just Frasier got there first.

OP posts:
Enko · 24/10/2020 10:27

Just me then?

OP posts:
Asterion · 24/10/2020 10:28

Trying to remember... I guess anyone who gave Niles a bit of a backbone would have upset the dynamic amongst them all.

AcornAutumn · 24/10/2020 10:29

@Strawberrypancakes

She was quite controlling and manipulative if I remember rightly? When she talked him into going against Frasier for president of the wine club.

Yes. And she talked down to everyone.
Enko · 24/10/2020 10:55

The later episodes where she is quite crazy i agree paints her in a poor light. Early on though yes she gives Niles a bit of a back bone and upsets the apple cart but I guess I feel that could have been good for Niles

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.