My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

All of a sudden I miss my office

5 replies

CormoranStrike · 19/09/2020 20:39

Of course, I’ve missed the people off and on, but we still chat most workdays so I haven’t lost all connection.

But I was looking back through old photos and found this - taken the week before formal lockdown, when I started shielding.

These are the flowers I keep on my desk. And for some reason this photo has me feeling a little, almost, tearful.

All of a sudden I miss my office
OP posts:
HeronLanyon · 19/09/2020 20:43

Know what you mean. I returned to my office a few weeks ago. No one had stepped foot in it since day before lockdown. I loved seeing even my oen container and small inconsequential familiar things.
Even more odd was seeing the posters up from February wanting those who may have travelled from Wuhan and then a few re those from that small area of northern Italy. We had no idea what was about to happen here.
Hope you get back sometime safely op.

HeronLanyon · 19/09/2020 20:44

Warning not wanting !

CormoranStrike · 19/09/2020 20:47

I was on a train last weekend for the first time this year.

The adverts are still from back then - promoting a charity event in March. It’s like time has stood still.

OP posts:
mynameisigglepiggle · 19/09/2020 21:07

Oh I am so with you. I'm so over working from home now. I've always worked at home one or two days a week but don't find it easy to stay focussed at home.
I don't want to go back to the office full time but I can't wait to be back one day a week x

CormoranStrike · 19/09/2020 22:05

I know - I would be happy with one day a fortnight in the office from now on.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.