My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

Now that wfh could well become dominant, is anyone having a rethink

3 replies

WashedUpDriedOut · 05/09/2020 10:52

about their work / job / vocation?

Wfh seems to open up new possibilities, not least savings on commuting time and costs.

Has this led to anyone re-evaluating what they do for a living?

OP posts:
Maria53 · 05/09/2020 10:58

Yes it has got me thinking about it. Last year I lived abroad and miss the country terribly, but like being close to friends and friends here.

Recently my colleague dialled in from Greece and it did get me thinking about future possibilities. Especially as my job can be done totally from home.

nosswith · 05/09/2020 11:05

Not a rethink about my job, but might spend a bit more on things at home.

mindutopia · 05/09/2020 11:07

Not what do (because I love what I do), but my commuting plans. My office is in London. I normally commute in and home 3 days a week and work from home 1 (work compressed hours). I live a long way from London in a very rural area.

I think remote working (which is already fairly normal in my field) will be even more normal now. When we do go back to the office (probably not til next spring), I’ll probably only go in 1-2 sets of 3 days each month and probably stay there two nights. So more working from home but working away for the week when I do. It will give me a bit more headspace to work and not spend so much time on the train, but also mean I have full weeks at home.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.