Please or to access all these features

Chat

Join the discussion and chat with other Mumsnetters about everyday life, relationships and parenting.

Can someone medical advise me please?

4 replies

Deckthehallswith · 30/12/2019 09:12

Ds 6 has the chicken pox, first spots appeared on Friday, he is now completely covered.
Baby is due his 6 month injections today and doesn't seem to have caught the chicken pox, but I'm worried he may have caught the virus but spots haven't come out yet.
Should i cancel the vaccines?
At this time of year it's unlikely I'd be able to get a call through to speak to the nurse or doctor before the appt.

OP posts:
lljkk · 30/12/2019 09:19

Can you leave the 6yo at home when you take the baby?
I'd go to the appt & ask for their advice about whether baby should have jabs now or delay.
I would plan for certain for baby to come out with the spots pretty close to 10th Jan!

lljkk · 30/12/2019 09:19

ps: not medical, but DD had CPx at 15 weeks old, so a familiar routine. I don't recall delaying her jabs.

Awrite · 30/12/2019 09:20

I wouldn't risk it. Phone and reschedule.

Interested in this thread?

Then you might like threads about these subjects:

Lou573 · 30/12/2019 09:23

What are the 6 month injections? Are you in the UK?

New posts on this thread. Refresh page