My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

Who fancies helping me find this wedding dress?

30 replies

FlugTheJug · 17/07/2019 19:56

Hiya!

I'm getting married in Vegas next year and I love this dress

However, I live in NI and I cannot for the life of me find anything in the shops to resemble this

I'm even considering having it made by a dressmaker

I would like to find something similar to try on first though - in case it doesn't suit me the model is gorgeous. I am not a model

I'm 5ft 2 and a size 10-12

Can you help? 🙈

Thank you!

Who fancies helping me find this wedding dress?
OP posts:
Soola · 18/07/2019 06:45
Cheeseeater40 · 19/07/2019 14:54

Looks like a zara dress to me! Have you tried ebay or even depop? Id type in zara lace dress rather than wedding dress...

Cheeseeater40 · 19/07/2019 14:55

...and i think it would look fine as long as you dont have big boobs! X

FlugTheJug · 19/07/2019 22:26

Hi @Cheeseeater40 we did track it down but it isn't available anymore

I've contacted a dressmaker who is very excited about it - but I'm still open to ideas

I've a small chest. I'm about a 10-12 and 5ft 1 but I'm on the wedding diet so should be a comfortable 10 by June 🙂 puts down the Hob Nobs

I don't particularly like my arms, so I want them covered up but Vegas in June will be ROASTING so something light and not meringuey is in order

We're getting married at 12:00 so it'll be off me fairly quickly into a bikini and at the pool for 2pm

OP posts:
Fanciedachange1 · 22/07/2019 15:03

I’m very similar to you op, the dress i liked was strapless but i got a short lace bolero to wear so it looked like the dress had long sleeves.

Hats off to you, i got married in vegas, 22:30 in october 2014 and that was warm enough!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.