Mum & You wins Mumsnet Rated

mum and you nappies

Our users have spoken and awarded Mum & You a coveted Mumsnet Rated badge. 113 testers tried out a selection of Mum & You products and 95% would recommend them to a family member or friend. Read on to find out why.

What makes Mum & You so special?

Mum & You are a team of almost 20 mums and dads who design and test the products they create – including nappies, wipes, skincare and accessories – with both babies and parents in mind.

They strive to use natural and sustainable materials where possible, including wood pulp from sustainably managed forests, believing that natural and sustainable ingredients are better for babies and the world they will grow up in. The brand is also cruelty-free and certified with Leaping Bunny approval.

Since launching in 2017, they've been committed to making eco-friendly products and have donated essential hygiene products to families via, The Hygiene Bank The Trussell Trust food banks and various refugee charities.

Related: Find out how Mumsnet Rated works and see which other brands have been awarded the badge.

Which Mum & You products were tested?

1. Mum & You 100% Biodegradable Baby Wipes

The Mum & You Biodegradable Baby Wipes are made from naturally-derived plant fibres, which break down quickly after being thrown away, even in landfill conditions. In fact, Mum & You lab tests show that the wipes biodegrade in 15 days – that's faster than food waste. They’re suitable for home composting too.

Made using over 98% water and zero plastic, Mum & You baby wipes are as kind to skin as cotton wool and water, while preventing waste and plastic pollution. Every ingredient used is hypoallergenic (suitable for newborn, sensitive and eczema-prone skin) and has been handpicked for its moisturising and gentle properties for ultimate kindness to a baby's skin.

Mum & You wipes are registered with The Vegan Society.

2. Mum & You ‘Nappychat’ Nappies

Inspiring story-telling and chat at change time, Mum & You Nappychat Eco-friendly Nappies feature a playful tribe of characters.

The soft, absorbent core distributes liquid evenly and locks it away to improve fit and protect against leakages for up to 12 hours. It's also made from chlorine-free wood pulp.

Suitable for all skin types, including the most sensitive of newborns, these nappies are hypoallergenic, dermatologically-tested and free from dyes, perfumes, lotions and latex.

Plus, they have a wetness indicator that helps you know when it’s time for a change.

3. Mum & You New Baby Safe and Sound Hair and Body Wash

The New Baby Safe and Sound Hair and Body Wash comes as a gentle foam, formulated with care to be tear-free for relaxing and easier bathtimes. The light non-slip foam sits on the skin until you gently rub it in.

It’s hypoallergenic, dermatologically-tested and formulated without major allergens to ensure it’s suitable for sensitive and newborn skin.

The pump dispenser is specially designed to be used one-handed, allowing you a hand free to support baby in the bath.

Related: Want to join our pool of testers? Sign up for the Mumsnet Insight Panel.

mum and you hair and body wash

Here's what Mumsnet users have to say

The nappies were an amazing fit – so soft, loved the patterns and no leaks! My little girl seemed very happy in them.

I really like the hair and body wash. It was great to use one product for washing my son's hair and his body. It smells lovely and made his hair really soft and shiny – his curls looked lovely the day after! He also wasn't fazed when I was rinsing it off and it was going on his face which is great.

My baby is short and stocky. Most nappies either aren't wide enough or are too long. These fit perfectly. I also liked the unusual pattern.

The hair and body wash left my little one's skin so smooth and soft. The fact that we need just one bath product from top to toe makes things easier too.

I liked the wipes but loved the way the ingredients were described on the back so you could see what the ingredient did and where it came from. I also liked that there were only a handful of ingredients which was a massive difference to our usual wipes.

“I would recommend this whole range to anyone”

My son has sensitive skin with patches of eczema so I am quite particular about what we use on his skin. The Mum & You Hair and Body Wash was fine on his skin and he had no reactions or dry skin after use. It was an easy-to-use dispenser and the smell was lovely and fresh. The foam was also fun for him to play with.

I do feel guilty using wipes at times and have tried a cloth for hands and face. These wipes feels like a good compromise for us.

The nappies were great. Best ones I've tried in 16 years of being a parent. They're super absorbent too – not a single leak, including 'that night' where my daughter slept for 13 hours!

We're doing our very best with making more eco-friendly choices – something that isn't so easy with a newborn. These wipes take away the 'mum guilt' of using regular wipes. We're total converts.

The hair and body wash is great and a little goes a long way.

Here's what Mum & You has to say

CEO and Founder, Rajiv Chandra says, "We are thrilled to have received this Rated recognition from Mumsnet.  We know that when you become a parent, you become far more aware of your shopping habits and the impact your product choices have on the world your baby will grow up in. From day one at Mum & You, we knew we wanted to design products that parents were crying out for. This prestigious trust-mark is awarded to companies that provide outstanding products to parents, as tested and awarded by real parents.

Our thanks go out to our customers – for supporting our business, providing essential feedback, and supplying us with the motivation to succeed. We’re delighted that 95% of testers would recommend Mum & You to a family member or friend.”

Want to try Mum & You products for yourself?

For every subscription sold, Mum & You donate a pack of eco-nappies to The Hygiene Bank. Save up to 40% when you subscribe.

Shop now

113 of Mumsnet testers tried Mum & Youproducts*: 95% would recommend.

*Mum & You Nappychat Nappies,  Mum & You 100% Biodegradable Wipes, Mum & You New Baby Safe and Sound Hair and Body Wash