Best Baby Sleeping Bags 2018
We put 10 of the UK’s top baby sleeping bags to the test, and the absolute best for most parents was the Grobag.
Best Baby Sleeping Bag 2018
Baby sleeping bags are a brilliant invention. They stop you fretting about how many blankets your baby needs in winter and summer. They're a great way of making sure your baby gets a good night's sleep – safely and soundly.
As sleeping bags have grown in popularity, lots of types and designs have emerged which, frankly, can be a bit overwhelming. Our Buyer's Guide covers everything you need to think about before you buy.
In our quest to find the best baby sleeping bag on the market, we trawled through the Mumsnet Talk boards, looked at which brands had recently won awards, and searched for the most highly rated across Mumsnet and the rest of the internet. After all this, we were left with 10 products to put through our exhaustive testing process. The Grobag (£35 on Amazon) came out on top when it came to safety, style, daily usage and cleanliness.
The Grobag looks great but it's the company's stellar safety credentials which are truly great. All the Gro Company's Grobags are Lullaby Trust approved and comply with the British Safety Standard. They're made from quality material and poppers allow you to adjust the size of the bag so it grows with your newborn.
- Great quality
- Approved by the Lullaby Trust
- Internal zip guards
- Studs under the arms to make sure your baby doesn't slip down into the sleeping bag
- Comes with a free nursery thermometer
- Great for night-time nappy changes
- Washes well
- Lots of designs to choose from
Key Features of the Grobag
- Available in sizes 0-6 months, 6-18 months and 18-36 months
- 100% woven cotton outer with 100% cotton jersey lining
- Quick-dry polyester filling on the 2.5 tog (1.0 tog is 100% jersey cotton throughout)
- Available in a variety of colours and styles
- Machine washable and tumble-dryer friendly
Compare prices of Grobag sleeping bags
All prices on this page correct at time of writing
How we tested
We gave our tester a wide range of sleeping bags to use, from hypoallergenic ones to transitional bags, so she could test as many different types of products as possible at differing price points. We encouraged her to be as heavy handed as she liked, to put them through their paces in a range of real-life situations that will help you work out which is the best bag for your (and your baby’s) lifestyle.Read full review »
More Mumsnet Best Baby Sleeping Bags
Best Luxury Baby Sleeping Bag 2018
Superlove Merino baby sleeping bags are designed to keep your baby cool in the heat and warm in the cold. The initial outlay might be an expensive one but you should save money in the long run because you won't need to shell out for a different sleeping bag for each season.
It also has a fabulous transitional system, so you can feed a car seat or pram strap through the sleeping bag and avoid waking your baby.
- Available in 'all season' and 'winter' weights and in both baby and toddler sizes
- Made from Merino wool
- Side zip does up from top to bottom
- Available in a range of unisex designs
- RRP: £79
- Machine washable at 30C
Best Baby Sleeping Bag for Style 2018
The Mori Clever is a stylish addition to any home and has plenty of safety credentials to its name.
The two-way zip on the side of the bag means that if you are doing a night-time nappy change, you can unzip the bag from the bottom and just pop your baby’s legs out to change the nappy, and then zip them back up again without disturbing them too much.
- Suitable from birth until 2 years
- Made from breathable and thermoregulating bamboo and organic cotton
- Double zip
- Great choice of stylish designs available
- RRP: £59.50
- Machine washable at 30C, tumble-drier friendly, no need to iron
Best Budget Baby Sleeping Bag 2018
Silentnight Safe Nights
The Silent Night Safe Nights sleeping bag (£18.99 on Amazon) is simply about delivering a well-priced, safe, snug snooze. It looks stylish, washes well and is hands down one of our favourite sleeping bags for quality and “feel” of materials. All round, it’s an excellent buy at a very reasonable price.
The Silent Night Safe Nights has easy-to-follow instructions on the packaging about choosing the right tog for the time of year, which is very useful for tired parents. The sleeping bag itself is beautifully soft and easy to fold and store away which is great for holidays or a weekend at the grandparents’ and saves on vital suitcase space.
- Available in 0-6 months and 6-18 months sizes
- Hypoallergenic, with a hollowfibre filling and 100% cotton cover
- Zip up middle of bag
- Available in two colourways (grey and pink)
- RRP: £23.99
- Machine washable and tumble-dryer friendly. You can also iron it (should you choose to)
Best Baby Sleeping Bag for Innovation 2018
What we loved most about the Snüzpouch (£41.95 from John Lewis) is its innovative nappy-changing feature, which makes the late-night shift that much easier.
Our tester was over the moon when she came across the circular zip which is over the nappy area. You zip it open (you don’t even need to take the baby’s legs out of the bag) and do the change with no disturbance at all, keeping your little one snug and safe all night long. Our tester’s baby often screams and shouts when his nappy is changed, but remained blissfully unaware of the event in the Snüzpouch and didn’t wake up once. Now if that isn’t an innovative idea, we don’t know what is.
- Nappy change zip for quick and easy changes
- 100% super-soft cotton
- Available in 0-6 months and 6-18 months
- Available in 1.0 tog for summer or 2.5 tog for all-year-round
- Comes in six modern designs
- RRP: £36.95