Competition terms and conditions
The not-so-small print
To enter, you must be:
- (a) A UK resident; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry and (c) a registered member of Mumsnet.
- The competition is not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Mumsnet or anyone promoting this month's competitions, including the employees of the company/companies whose competition is being promoted.
- Mumsnet may cancel or amend any competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions.
- All entries must be made using the form on the relevant competition page.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all those entrants who have selected the correct answer.
- Only one entry per IP address.
- If you win, we will notify you by e-mail.
- If we do not get a response to the email within two weeks, the prize will be offered to a runner-up.
- If the runner up does not respond or is unable to accept the prize it will then be offered to another runner up, and so on.
- Our decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize is not exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- If, for any reason, an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- We endeavour to have prizes sent out within 28 days of the winner being notified. In cases where the receipt of the prize will fall outside of this time frame, the winner will be notified.
- Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- Your details will be collected via encrypted data solely for the purposes of this prize draw and deleted once the winner/s have been notified.
Facebook terms and conditions
- All competitions on the Mumsnet Facebook page are run by Mumsnet, not by Facebook. Any promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. The competition entrant is providing information to Mumsnet and not to Facebook. All Facebook competitions will run for a week unless otherwise stated.
Twitter terms and conditions
- Winners of Twitter competitions will be selected at random unless otherwise specified.
- Entrants do not need to be registered Mumsnet users to enter.
Instagram terms and conditions
- All competitions on the Mumsnet Instagram page are run by Mumsnet. Any promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.
- Entrants to 'voting' competitions are not permitted to buy votes, and any found to have done so will be disqualified.
- By submitting photographs to competitions run by Mumsnet on Instagram you automatically grant to us a worldwide, fully-paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully sublicensable, and transferable right and license to use, lease, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works based upon, publicly display, publish and otherwise use photographs (in whole or in part) as Mumsnet, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate. We may exercise this grant in any format, media or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist.
Newsletter sign up prize draw terms and conditions
- All sign up prize draws and offers will run for a month unless otherwise stated. The winner will be picked at random by Mumsnet and notified via email.
- If we don’t get a response to the email within 14 days, the prize will be offered to a runner-up. If the runner-up does not respond to accept the prize, the prize will be offered to another runner-up.
- Prize draws are not open to employees of Mumsnet or their immediate families, or to anyone promoting the project.
- Entrants must be signed up to receive the indicated newsletter to be entered into the draw. Only one entry per person can be made.
- The prize is not exchangeable for cash or any other prize. If, for any reason, an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value. Our decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If you are the winner of a prize draw, we will keep a record of your name, email address and postal address for accounting purposes for 7 years.