Talk

Advanced search

Gregor Murray leaves SNP

(38 Posts)
Gingerkittykat Wed 15-May-19 12:41:05

Gregor Murray resigns from SNP because of transphobia within the party. Strangely comes just as he gets a good ticking off for his behaviour on Twitter.

www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/dundee/891789/exclusive-dundee-councillor-gregor-murray-quits-snp-over-partys-institutional-transphobia/?fbclid=IwAR29IafgcmnHWF-v7IeZy2Qz90lSsjsBqex5lbz8zs6T3fQCUhaEf-6bcpQ&sso-c=MC4xMzk4MDYwMCAxNTU3OTE5MTY0

www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/dundee/892784/watchdog-finds-dundee-councillor-breached-code-of-conduct-with-offensive-tweets/

AutumnCrow Wed 15-May-19 12:43:26

He jumped before he was pushed, with a really wokey-wokey excuse?

Outanabout Wed 15-May-19 12:43:29

Always a beard 😐

Gingerkittykat Wed 15-May-19 12:55:06

www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/dundee/892784/watchdog-finds-dundee-councillor-breached-code-of-conduct-with-offensive-tweets/

Update he has been suspended for 2 months from council meetings, he can still sit as an independent councillor though. I think the next council elections will be 2021, there's no way he will hold his seat as an independent then.

SarahPickles Wed 15-May-19 18:03:40

Um. Is this a female transed to male? I'm trying to work out in what way he is a "trans".

RedDogsBeg Wed 15-May-19 18:14:00

I don't think Gregor Murray knows either Sarah apparently non-binary and does not use the male pronoun uses they/them.

Genderfreelass Wed 15-May-19 18:17:31

Nowadays anything passes for trans. Good riddance to him though he was a nasty piece of work, I think he got in trouble a couple of years ago for something similar.

SunsetBeetch Tue 13-Aug-19 17:52:13

You've got to be kidding me. Does this horrible, tedious man think anyone buys this?

www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-councillor-says-it-is-isolating-being-scotlands-only-transgender-councillor/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

SunsetBeetch Tue 13-Aug-19 17:53:30

Previous thread on this charmer:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/3332582-Trans-councillor-leaves-roles-after-threats-to-life?pg=1&order=

OvaHere Tue 13-Aug-19 18:04:18

Good. Tedious unpleasant bloke.

pombear Tue 13-Aug-19 18:19:53

Ah Gregor the agressor:-

For the past year, I have had absolutely no support from the party HQ while fighting a series of overwhelmingly vexatious and scurrilous complaints

Says the person who's made overwhelmingly vexatious and scurrilous complaints about others.

May 2019: The hearing panel found the councillor – who quit the SNP this week amid claims of “institutional transphobia” in the party – also broke ethical standards by using abusive and vile language to and directed at members of the public.

SophoclesTheFox Tue 13-Aug-19 18:27:53

That article’s a bit thin on the detail of how this awful transphobia has manifested itself, isn’t it? No actual concrete examples of X person did Y thing which is bad because Z...

Just “you’re all mean bullies”.

Hmmm. I wonder if gregor is quite difficult to work with?

pombear Tue 13-Aug-19 18:32:56

Everyone's being played.
This is Gregor.
Gregor wants to make sure you don't use the wrong pronouns for Gregor.
Gregor feels isolated by being Scotland's only transgener councillor.
Gregor was the former convener of Dundee City Council’s children and families services committee

twitter.com/grogipher/status/1157207302857998336
@grogipher
Aug 2
Yassssss!

Sometimes I do things that are more feminine. Sometimes I do things that are more masculine. I'm not playing up to anything, just trying to wear the clothes and make up that make me feel least uncomfortable.

Non binary doesn't mean androgynous.

So it's about the behaviours, clothes, and the actions. Sexism 101.

AnyOldPrion Tue 13-Aug-19 18:35:34

Well he could just stop pretending he’s anything but the beardy man he is. Then suddenly the terrible oppression he’s experiencing would magically disappear.

Unless, of course, that action revealed that toxic councillors who call women cunts are generally shunned and the fact he’s pretending he isn’t a man has nothing to do with it.

SophoclesTheFox Tue 13-Aug-19 18:38:55

Textbook Duper’s Delight smirk on that photo.

*sometimes I do things that are more feminine*- what, like take a pay cut, suffer street harassment or always be the one expected to remember family birthdays? Those sorts of things?

I live in hope that one day it will be about sex role stereotypes other than dresses, makeup, imaginary pillow fights in the changing rooms and sex stuff, but it never is.

Doobigetta Tue 13-Aug-19 18:42:54

Why the fuck do we go so far in indulging the desperation of these idiots not to be ordinary?

Birdsfoottrefoil Tue 13-Aug-19 18:45:08

* there's no way he will hold his seat as an independent then.*

He might lose because he is odious, but not necessarily because he is independent - there are quite a few independent councillors on Scottish councils. I think one was even run by independents recently.

HeadintheiClouds Tue 13-Aug-19 18:45:50

Gregor would appear to be a complete dick.

Datun Tue 13-Aug-19 18:50:58

sometimes I do things that are more feminine

This is a wild stab in the dark, but I'm going to guess fully knickers at weekends.

Or was he the the one with the wellies that had a glitter on them?

As one commenter pithily put it, I've never heard such utter rubbish.

HeadintheiClouds Tue 13-Aug-19 18:58:06

Wellies with glitter? Like a 5 year old girl, then... 🤢

littlbrowndog Tue 13-Aug-19 19:31:14

He is very vile and calls women cunts if they dare to disagree with him

littlbrowndog Tue 13-Aug-19 19:33:10

How is he transgender. He’s just a woke weasel with the usual beard

HeadintheiClouds Tue 13-Aug-19 19:55:30

Love woke weasel grin

ArnoldWhatshisknickers Tue 13-Aug-19 20:07:30

Oh dear. What a pity. Never mind.

dancingcamper Tue 13-Aug-19 20:22:35

I got the wrong end of the stick, is he really a man? When they said he was transgender I thought it meant female to male.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »