Talk

Advanced search

Trans Voices For Appeal Complain About Together For Yes Campaign

(238 Posts)
SunsetBeetch Sun 27-May-18 08:45:47

You couldn't make it up at this point, could you?

""Trans Voices for Repeal would like the..Together for Yes campaign..to formally acknowledge the pain their actions have caused trans people in Ireland, the negative effect their campaign has had on the mental health of trans people and the unnecessary nature of this exclusion."

https://twitter.com/doormatt134/status/1000620731468845057?s=19

https://medium.com/*@transvoicesforrepeal*/trans-voices-for-repeal-call-on-the-together-for-yes-campaign-to-formally-apologise-to-trans-people-84931f0fa85d

SunsetBeetch Sun 27-May-18 08:47:09

(Anyone know why links sometimes don't work the first time around???)

medium.com/*@transvoicesforrepeal*/trans-voices-for-repeal-call-on-the-together-for-yes-campaign-to-formally-apologise-to-trans-people-84931f0fa85d

twitter.com/doormatt134/status/1000620731468845057?s=19

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 27-May-18 08:50:42

Women have died being unable to access abortions and we are supposed to worry about trans activists and their feelings?

For once something isn't about you

Piss off angry

CosmicCanary Sun 27-May-18 08:53:23

Men will never allow women to own something. Whether it be land, property or their own reproductive health.

AncientLights Sun 27-May-18 08:53:56

How many people in this Irish 'AFAB' group? Guessing barely into double figures, but they have to have their feelings considered, poor things. Grow up FFS.

pannikin Sun 27-May-18 08:55:47

Fucking hell. They really can't handle it when not everything is about them! I despair, I really do.
How DARE they? It is biological women affected by that. Not men in dresses, and women who 'feel' like men however they identify are STILL BIOLOGICALLY FEMALE!

reallybadidea Sun 27-May-18 08:58:28

Haha I was wondering how long it would be before they made it all about them.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sun 27-May-18 08:59:43

It never fails to amaze me how utterly selfish and self-absorbed some TRAs are, and how little awareness they have that most people aren't "centred" in everything all of the time.

Anyone know why links sometimes don't work the first time around

Automatic links don't work in the first post, I guess to limit spamming. You need to surround your post with two square brackets [[ like this but without the gap between the brackets and the words ]]

ElfrideSwancourt Sun 27-May-18 08:59:58

I've never read such a load of bollocks in my life- they really need to get over themselves! Not everything is about them confused

drwitch Sun 27-May-18 09:03:09

It's such a weird logic, you redefine women to mean feeling 'female' and then complain when this excludes you from things like this

QuoadUltra Sun 27-May-18 09:05:49

It is vile, but also so explicitly narcissistic that it would be funny if the subject weren’t so serious.

Imgine having to put a glossary at the bottom. It’s because it is All Made Up teenage twaddle.

Judashascomeintosomemoney Sun 27-May-18 09:08:09

Hmmm. Wonder if all those Irish feminists who signed that letter to British feminists still want their signature on it?

SpareRibFem Sun 27-May-18 09:51:02

Judas what letter is that?

Just when I was enjoying a feminist victory that was about women sad

BlytheByName Sun 27-May-18 09:53:14

But this is now the perfect thread for the poster who wondered whether Mumsnet were proper feminists for not starting threads about repealing the 8th and focusing instead on trans issues.
This article is another peak trans classic.

UpstartCrow Sun 27-May-18 09:54:37

(but there are no recorded problems for women caused by self ID in Ireland).

TERFragetteCity Sun 27-May-18 09:56:09

From what I can see this group were formed yesterday.

Only forming to force an apology.

AsAProfessionalFekko Sun 27-May-18 09:56:47

Maybe it's a joke. People can't be that ridiculous can they?

ChattyLion Sun 27-May-18 09:58:43

Jeez.. the utter narcissism shock

Popchyk Sun 27-May-18 09:59:40

All aboard the Peak Trans Express.

Terfing Sun 27-May-18 10:02:12

Good. I hope their campaign goes viral smile

This is bound to peak-trans thousands!

AssignedPuuurfectAtBirth Sun 27-May-18 10:04:59

To be fair, it seems any arsehole with a computer can get an article published in Medium

QueenOfQuacks Sun 27-May-18 10:06:38

What the fuck are they even on about?

I don't know who Matt Kennedy is but one of their complaints appears to be that he spoke at a rally - but the glossary at the bottom says he's a trans rights activist? So.... what am I missing? Trans rights activists got to speak at rallies but somehow the campaign was still trans exclusionary?

Mxyzptlk Sun 27-May-18 10:18:33

From the website :

Trans Voices for Repeal
Trans men, non-binary people and non gendered individuals can, and do, get pregnant. Repeal is about more than the women of Ireland.

See a bandwagon passing and jump right on it.

DisturblinglyOrangeScrambleEgg Sun 27-May-18 10:21:14

It's such a weird logic, you redefine women to mean feeling 'female' and then complain when this excludes you from things like this

YES drwitch.

It's not inclusive because we've redefined the word so it excludes us. It is ridiculous.

DisturblinglyOrangeScrambleEgg Sun 27-May-18 10:22:29

To be fair, it seems any arsehole with a computer can get an article published in Medium

I think that's completely the case isn't it? They're making a site off the backs of free labour from anyone who wants to write an article - like Quora but without questions.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: