Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

MINECON 2015: Are You Going?

(12 Posts)
Roz007 Sat 27-Jun-15 23:10:58

It's almost upon us: anyone else heading to Minecon 2015 next weekend? What are you hoping to find there? Or have you got disappointed kids who couldn't go? And about the Fancy Dress . . . ?! And anything else you can think of . . .

;-)

TheFirstOfHerName Mon 29-Jun-15 19:11:39

My husband and my 13 year old son have tickets. No fancy dress planned, but I expect the boy will be wearing one of his Minecraft hoodies, one of his Minecraft t-shirts, his Minecraft sunglasses and lanyard. He is hoping to get to see a yogscast panel. There doesn't seem to be much information about what is happening when.

NathalieM Tue 30-Jun-15 11:45:34

Minecraft is really addictive and I do love it, but I don't have any children to take as an excuse to go along and the hubby doesn't really get it sad oh well, take some pictures for me?

enderwoman Thu 02-Jul-15 14:03:32

I'm taking my son.
Have you downloaded the free Minecon skins for PlayStation or Xbox?

TheFirstOfHerName Thu 02-Jul-15 14:43:22

We don't have playstation or x-box. Will he still be able to get the cape for use on the PC?

ProcrastinatorGeneral Sat 04-Jul-15 21:46:23

There is usually a code in the swag bag/welcome pack for downloading your cape on the PC version.

I hope everyone is having a blast. My bunch wanted to go but I didn't manage to get tickets.

enderwoman Sat 04-Jul-15 23:41:21

They will email a PC code to the email address used to buy tickets.

TheFirstOfHerName Sun 05-Jul-15 00:11:49

Update: they had an amazing time today. Highlight was the evening show. V.happy with the goodie bag. Panels were interesting. Both tired but looking forward to tomorrow.

enderwoman Mon 06-Jul-15 11:22:21

We had a great time too. A lot of the panels are available on Twitch just in case anybody wants a nosy.
We loved the Minecraft demo on Microsoft HoloLens. Just wow!!

ProcrastinatorGeneral Mon 06-Jul-15 18:16:47

My seven year old has been watching the panels. He's after a hololens. I've said no. Apparently I just don't understand grin

TheFirstOfHerName Fri 10-Jul-15 19:13:10

My husband sold his cape for £100 on ebay, so that's a fair amount of the ticket price covered. grin

ProcrastinatorGeneral Sat 11-Jul-15 11:39:57

Nice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now