Talk

Advanced search

For Obie's would be wives...

(24 Posts)
StillMedusa Wed 06-Dec-17 23:00:11

Today while I was at work, there was a knock on our door and my DD2 opened it to a very deaf elderly gentleman ...
Coming to enquire if Obie was ok, as he hadn''t been round for dinner for a few days and his wife was fretting in case he wasn't well !!!!!!!!!!

Fat git happened to be snoring on the landing at the time!!

This is not Debbie 2 doors down, or Thelma, 4 doors down, but another house 5 doors down. They must have found out who we are(and Obie's name) from Thelma.

Honestly is there no end to his infidelity?!!?!?!?!??! grin

RonniePasas Wed 06-Dec-17 23:15:52

Ummm, Medusa, haven't you forgotten something? Far too long since we had a picture of Obie 😺

TheLongRider Wed 06-Dec-17 23:48:19

I think you need to call a neighbourhood meeting about your beast. Instead of the Neighbourhood Watch, it's Obie Watch.

I reckon if you knocked on every door with a picture of Obie you'd get to know your neighbours pretty well.

Want2beme Wed 06-Dec-17 23:48:24

I'm chuckling so hard right now. What a cheeky bleeder!

Oops4 Thu 07-Dec-17 00:55:03

😂

RichardRichieRichard Thu 07-Dec-17 00:57:04

grin

Toddlerteaplease Thu 07-Dec-17 10:26:28

Yes almost aspirated in my glass of water laughing at this. As a PP says. Have t you forgotten something?

IceFall Thu 07-Dec-17 10:53:47

Couldn't possibly comment until I get a picture of the giant ginger lion

YetAnotherSpartacus Thu 07-Dec-17 13:33:16

Obie! Busted!

FluffyWuffy100 Thu 07-Dec-17 19:13:04

I love ❤️ obie

StillMedusa Thu 07-Dec-17 21:48:05

Looks ashamed of himself doesnt he?! grin (currently guarding socks on the landing!)

Toddlerteaplease Thu 07-Dec-17 23:21:05

Such a handsome beast

Want2beme Thu 07-Dec-17 23:47:13

No wonder he's got a load of women on the go with that much charmwink

HemanOrSheRa Thu 07-Dec-17 23:54:07

Look at that tummy and those toe floofs 😍. Obie is gorgeous. He knows this though. We all know it grin. To be fair if a 22lb (?) cat was on my doormat telling me 'YOU ARE MY WIFE NOW' I'm not sure I would argue grin.

YetAnotherSpartacus Fri 08-Dec-17 08:21:21

I don't think he looks ashamed at all (sorry). I think he knows he's been caught and that is his pretend contrite / forgive me / aren't I gorgeous look while he privately curses his bad luck at being nicked.

There might be a dash of 'feed me' in the mix there too ...

FluffyWuffy100 Fri 08-Dec-17 08:52:42

Yes! Thanks for the photo :-)

I don’t think he looks embarrassed at all, he looks happy.

Love that lion!

DancesWithOtters Fri 08-Dec-17 09:00:01

Oh I love an Obie thread. He's such a slag.

He looks very pleased with himself there!

What did she say to the man?

PinkSparklyPussyCat Fri 08-Dec-17 18:36:11

I probably shouldn’t say he’s gorgeous as Harry hates ginger cats! He need never know though so I can say it. That furry belly, no wonder no one can resist him!

StillMedusa Fri 08-Dec-17 18:56:56

She was a bit surprised grin but reassured him that fat boy was indeed fine and was gracing us with his presence for a few days ...

Then she went upstairs and told Obie he was a git !

BulletFox Fri 08-Dec-17 19:48:09

Fat git grin

Sorry but what a little tart

When I did move #1 a week ago (move #2 still to go) a neighbour stopped me in the street and I said I had to sign a tenancy which would take the cat (more expensive, tiny place) and she said 'oh we were all SO worried about the cat'.

I walked away then paused and thought right. Right ok then.

DancesWithOtters Fri 08-Dec-17 20:11:54

@PinkSparklyPussyCat Harry hates gingers? How will he and Tom double date the ToddlerTea girls?

I assure you Tom will be nice. Look how squishy.

DancesWithOtters Fri 08-Dec-17 20:13:13

So Obie is the ultimate cocklodger?

PinkSparklyPussyCat Fri 08-Dec-17 21:31:03

I’m sure he would make an allowance for the lovely Tom Dances, especially if Fatty and Snorg were involved!

Harry was in a foster home with a ginger cat who bullied him, wouldn’t let him use the scratching post or play with the toys. He was a big cat, over 7kg, and Harry was less than 5kg at the time. We used to have a ginger cat coming in the garden and Harry used to chase it off every time but couldn’t be bothered with any others!

He’d probably die of fright if he met Obie!

Toddlerteaplease Fri 08-Dec-17 22:49:59

Dances's if Harry has a real
Issue with ginger cats, the girls are happy to go on separate dates! I picked up/ rescued a lovely ginger Persian today to go back to the rescue. His owner said her was stressed. I'm not convinced. Lovely cat. Hope he finds someone who deserves him. And he had huge feet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now