Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Clinique pore minimizer discontinued, mattifier recommendations

(8 Posts)
HatontheCat Sun 11-Feb-18 08:49:55

I am 49 and still have an oily t zone, I'm gutted because I found yesterday that Clinique's mattifier, Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector has been discontinued, they sold me something in a jar called Pep Start which I'm not convinced about. So, can anyone recommend a good mattifier please?

plentyofshoes Sun 11-Feb-18 09:46:14

Is it the one with the blue lid? I use that as a day cream to help with the team zone. I can see a difference?

Gah81 Sun 11-Feb-18 09:50:09

I love the Becca mattifying primer. Very similar to the Boots No7 mattifying one which they sadly discontinued.

HatontheCat Sun 11-Feb-18 12:51:24

Small blue tub with white lid. It's ok but just not as mattiying on my shiny skin.

CallingAllEngels Sun 11-Feb-18 14:02:19

Estée Lauder Idealist serum.

MascaraGirl Sun 04-Mar-18 09:50:09

I only found out yesterday, after weeks of being told "we're still waiting for stock."

However there's a great alternative, which I found by chance a few years ago:

www.benefitcosmetics.com/uk/en-gb/product/the-porefessional-face-primer

It's practically identical to the Clinique product. Benefit sell it for £27.50, but you can get it for £23 on allbeauty.com

HatontheCat Sun 04-Mar-18 15:21:58

Thank you, I have now found another great alternative, Body Shop Wonderblur, great mattifier for £18.

200steps Sun 04-Mar-18 17:55:36

This Estée Lauder one feels like rubbing velvet on your skin, I love it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: