Talk

Advanced search

Braun or Phillips Sonicare toothbrush?

(19 Posts)
hollyisalovelyname Sun 19-Mar-17 17:20:14

Just that.
My Braun electric toothbrush died and I had read that the Phillips Sonicare was ace but can't remember which one.
I can't afford a very expensive electric toothbrush.
Thanks in advance

Madbengalmum Sun 19-Mar-17 18:30:05

Sonicare are excellent, all of the models are pretty good. To be honest i dont see the point in paying for the one with all the bells and whistles because i dont make use of a timer or special functions.

hollyisalovelyname Sun 19-Mar-17 19:00:34

Thank you.
All I want are whiter, clean teeth.

TheFlis12345 Sun 19-Mar-17 19:18:46

Sonicare all the way. And they actually guarantee you whiter teeth in one / two weeks on some models!

Kennington Sun 19-Mar-17 19:48:11

Hi I have a fancy sonicare and I don't get it at all. My teeth don't feel clean and I always go back to a manual
I think the round head Braun are better but I don't know why

OCSockOrphanage Sun 19-Mar-17 19:59:35

braun, which used to be better, are no longer made so Phillips own the sonic dental space, as they invented it. Braun build better kit, IMVHO, but now v hard to find spares and ancillaries. I am keeping mine going as long as possible.

RedBugMug Sun 19-Mar-17 20:03:40

whatever you can get replacement heads easily...
btw our braun charger stopped working. so we got a new brush and now have 2 that we can use

InTheKitchenAtParties Sun 19-Mar-17 21:28:08

I have a sonicare knock off from Amazon which was recommended on this board. I bloody love it. Bear with me. I'll be back with a link

InTheKitchenAtParties Sun 19-Mar-17 21:29:31

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01M70MOV4/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=mumsnetforum-21

hollyisalovelyname Sun 19-Mar-17 22:07:49

Thanks all

iknowimcoming Sun 19-Mar-17 22:14:15

I've always had Braun/oral b until I got braces and thought the sonic would be better but honestly it wasn't and I don't see what the fuss is about, we bought new oral b brushes when they were on offer just before Xmas and even DH said his teeth definitely felt cleaner (he isnt normally one to comment about such things) and I agree, we've just got standard oral b electrics nothing fancy but I'd recommend them grin

MissWimpyDimple Sun 19-Mar-17 22:22:30

We've tried both and I love my sonicare brush. We have the standard one and one which is meant to whiten. I think they are the same in all honesty.

The main thing for me is that the sonicare keeps its battery for weeks and doesn't go all slow and rattly within a day of charging. As I don't have a power point in the bathroom that really works for me.

I feel that my teeth are cleaner and it feels a lot gentler.

Both good though!

Monkeybunkey Mon 20-Mar-17 09:40:13

Bought a basic Oral B one this weekend to replace mine which no longer holds its charge. Half price in Boots! www.boots.com/oral-b-vitality-plus-crossaction-electric-toothbrush-10199238

KoalaDownUnder Mon 20-Mar-17 09:56:43

Do the Sonicare ones really make your teeth whiter?? Or is it just people imagining it to justify the price to themselves?

That'd be my only reason for buying one, as my Oral B electric toothbrush does the job fine.

RedBugMug Mon 20-Mar-17 15:26:59

they don't.
no toothbrush can.

electric toothbrushes do however make it easier to properly clean teeth which always looks better.

TheFlis12345 Mon 20-Mar-17 15:50:15

Sonicare states that is gives you whiter teeth on the pack and in the ads. They wouldn't be allowed to say it if it wasn't true!

ZaraW Mon 20-Mar-17 16:05:47

I have both. Sonicare hasn't made my teeth any whiter. Much prefer Oral B my teeth feel cleaner.

mindmyarse Mon 20-Mar-17 16:05:49

Braun have given up on sonicare they always die on us just after the 2year warranty has expired We have had 3 Sonicare brushes in the last 6 years !!So this time I went for Braun and so far so good Got it in boots on an offer and not so pricey as the Sonicare brushes we have bought

hollyisalovelyname Mon 20-Mar-17 23:17:16

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now