Talk

Advanced search

Benefit You Rebel tinted moisturiser discontinued

(18 Posts)
MrsGannicus Mon 17-Nov-14 22:14:18

I was so disappointed when I went to buy this and found out it had been discontinued. I loved the coverage for a tinted moisturiser. Can anyone recommend a good replacement I should try instead?

WagonWheel Mon 17-Nov-14 22:23:56

I am loving Pixi's H20 skintint, currently on offer at BeautyBay. Although there are only 3 shades to choose from it's quite forgiving. I am around a NC25 in MAC and wear the nude shade (number 2). It's incredibly hydrating and leaves skin with a beautiful sheer glow without the sparkles. If you're on the drier side you may not even need to powder down after. Without fail since wearing this people have commented how well rested my skin looks. It's on the sheer side, but gives a tad more coverage than a normal tinted moisturiser IMO. I like to pair it with the Pixi corrector in Brightening Peach for the undereye area. Just loving everything this brand are doing ATM but am sure other MNs will come on board with other suggestions.

Sunmakesmesmile Mon 17-Nov-14 22:40:35

Noooo I can't believe it's been discontinued. It was my absolute fave product to use once I'd had a hint of sun. In fact I still mix a small amount into my foundation now to give a bit of a subtle glow. Would be v interested to see if you find something similar as an alternative.

MrsMarcJacobs Tue 18-Nov-14 02:05:23

WTF? REALLY? It's so good. I am using garner BB cream, very nice.

MrsGannicus Tue 18-Nov-14 07:44:22

I know. They tried a foundation on me but didn't like it at all. I'm at a loss!

Will try Pixi's H20 skin tint and report back.

StripesofGold Tue 18-Nov-14 09:25:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Tue 18-Nov-14 10:58:19

it didn't suit my skin either, was far too dark even the lighter shade. I looked very orange.

I find the oil of olay tinted moisturiser good. I use it in the summer as it has an spf. and Clinique moisture surge.

just seen the benefit one is still in stock on boots.com, maybe order a couple of tubes to see you through until you find a new one to suit.

leedy Tue 18-Nov-14 13:05:04

Ooh, that Pixi skin tint sounds good. Sounds a bit like the Boscia BB cream I got from Sephora and can't replace due to them having Foreign Credit Card issues/running out of it.

mausmaus Tue 18-Nov-14 13:21:18

how about boots no 7 intelligent colour foundation?
it's subtler than a bb cream and doesn't feel like 'slap'

OneLittleLady Tue 18-Nov-14 13:52:34

OP I have a full tube, used once, of the original in the red tube, not the light version, you can have if you want it and are willing to wait until I can post it out. Pm if you want it smile

candykane25 Tue 18-Nov-14 13:59:27

The nearest thing are Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream the tinted one, and the Boots Botantics one, but not sure of the name as it has bee repackaged.

MrsGannicus Tue 18-Nov-14 18:29:36

Just got back from work and thanks for all your replies. OneLittleLady Thank you somuch! Really lovely of you. Will send you a PM.

MrsGannicus Wed 19-Nov-14 07:34:48

Just want to say a public thank you to OneLittleLady. You are just wonderful! Unmumsnetty hugs to you.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Wed 19-Nov-14 07:38:15

I found it really greasy and orange, too. The lighter one wasn't much better either. Clammy and gray looking instead.

Wabblit Mon 05-Jan-15 19:40:06

Ladies. You may have already found a replacement product but like you I was GUTTED when they stopped making it. However I'm chuffed to have found a very similar if not the same product and its available in four shades!!! If anyone's interested I can get you 20%. I loved it so much I've signed myself up to retail it. And it contains no nasties. It's lush x

nocarbsplease Mon 05-Jan-15 20:20:35

Nooooo! I love that stuff but only use it in summer when I have a bit of a tan so a tube lasted me for years.

Weenybag Thu 02-Apr-15 00:36:37

I would be very interested in your product as an alternative to You Rebel Dark. Have been unsuccessful so far. Are you able to say what the product name is - or does this need to be a PM. I only joined Mumsnet tonight in response to searching for ages for a new tinted moisturiser. So am unfamiliar with Mumsnet protocol. Thanks weenybag

emmabaily07 Sun 26-Jun-16 19:34:43

I am interested - used You Rebel Dark. Please let me know what your product is and how to get hold of it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now