Talk

Advanced search

Do all skinny jeans wrinkle a bit on the knee, or is it just me????

(11 Posts)
polyhymnia Tue 18-Oct-11 11:49:11

Trying to get some jeans for my new winter wardrobe. Like the shape of skinnies because, though I'm large, my legs are long and reasonably slender. Also wear a lot of tunics which look good with skinnies, and want jeans I can easily tuck into my botos.

BUT all the skinnies I try seem to wrinkle on the knee to some extent. Is this normal or is it just me?? Looking at various videos on websites it does seem some degree of wrinkling there is inevitable. Is that right and, if so, does it detract from the stylishness of the overall outfit?

dexter73 Tue 18-Oct-11 12:03:47

Mine wrinkle at the knee too. I think they do it because when you bend your knees you need the extra fabric there but then when you stand straight the extra fabric just wrinkles up.

polyhymnia Tue 18-Oct-11 12:05:26

'boots' not 'botos' btw!!

Byeckersiambloodyscarylike Tue 18-Oct-11 12:07:25

Mine wrinkle too, for the reason Dexter said, i wouldnt worry though, it wont make your outfit look terrible, the only way you would get round it is with leggings/jeggins and its whether you want to go that tight?

PeriPathetic Tue 18-Oct-11 12:11:15

What you need are Strupz!. Not tried them myself, but they look good.

dexter73 Tue 18-Oct-11 12:21:28

Or get jodhpur clips for a fraction of the price!

Yankeecandlequeen Wed 19-Oct-11 14:12:37

I found skinny's too wrinkly & now only wear super skinnys from Primark. Much tighter & less wrinkly. I tuck them into my socks & then wear knee high boots. I love their price too (last year they were only £8.00 a pair) & going this weekend to get a few pairs which will last me till the start of next Winter. For that low price anyone can afford to throw them away once they get tatty looking - which mine are now!

benandhollyandgaston Wed 19-Oct-11 14:16:26

The best fitting skinnies I've found are the Gap Legging Jeans. They are proper jeans, not jeggings, and fit (me, at least) really well. They are v comfy too.

noddyholder Wed 19-Oct-11 14:25:24

benandholly do you get your regular size? Have just had a look at them and really like them but i was in gap this morning and they didn't have those so will need to order online.

benandhollyandgaston Wed 19-Oct-11 14:29:02

Hi Noddy. I get a 12 and I'd say I'm maybe a large 12 or a 12-14 so I guess I size down slightly (though tend to generally with jeans due to them seeming to get bigger over time).

noddyholder Wed 19-Oct-11 14:52:12

Thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now