Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

The cost of professional dating agencies

(6 Posts)
YohY Tue 08-Dec-15 14:26:10

Posting for traffic
About the costs of professional dating agency

Ok so my dinner date last Saturday did not go to plan sadly

Need to get back on dating game
I'm 31 never been married no kids side 10-12 curvy sizeable boobs black female I would say attractive not sure really good job

Is it really hard to find a soul mate
Do I really need to spend 100s even 1000s on professional dating agency

Are they worth their money? Any success stories

Feeling really disillusioned destined to be alone forever and never have a family but my job makes it so difficult to meet a good partner they all seem to taken!

pocketsaviour Tue 08-Dec-15 14:33:06

Is there a reason you're saying "professional" dating agency because you want someone who's a fellow professional? Or did you mean "not online dating"?

FredaMayor Tue 08-Dec-15 15:06:54

I would never touch these 'agencies' regardless of cost because I don't want someone else making important decisions for me and my future relationships. 'Agency' implies they will working on your behalf but they are not, they are a business not a charity. They are not your friend and will do just enough to keep you paying them for as long as possible.

donajimena Tue 08-Dec-15 19:51:46

No. You need to widen your social circle as much as possible AND online date. Not one or the other.
have you tried OLD before? If not lots of us on here have and can advise the what and what NOT to do.
It can and does work. It can also throw up a few odd sorts.. as can organic dating.

sooperdooper Tue 08-Dec-15 19:56:26

Online dating is the way forward, I wouldn't trust any of the so called 'professional' introduction type agencies, massively over priced - go for something like match.com or guardian soul mates rather than plentyoffish or tinder if you're looking for an actual relationship

Supermanspants Tue 08-Dec-15 20:00:34

A few years back I spent over £800 joining a professional agency and it was the biggest waste of money ever. Matched me with idiots. One bloke was looking for someone sophisticated. . . I am as sophisticated as a bag of pork scratchings. I declined the date and one of the consultants was really pissed off with me. Left after that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now