Talk

Advanced search

Faint line

(19 Posts)
Mummy2lots Mon 12-Feb-18 21:08:00

Took a pregnancy test today and had a very very VERY faint line... my partner can see it too, can anyone else? I don’t have periods and haven’t been ovulating, so if I had ovulated I wouldn’t know when. I will certainly be retesting in a few days but I’m going mad not knowing. Does it look like it could be a positive?

QueenAravisOfArchenland Mon 12-Feb-18 21:09:44

Sorry, but that looks much too far from the control line to be a positive. Dye can easily pool elsewhere on the strip. A second line is only a positive if it's in the place a positive line is supposed to be.

OddBoots Mon 12-Feb-18 21:10:13

I do see a line but it is very very faint.

OddBoots Mon 12-Feb-18 21:14:55

It is clearer with the colours reversed. The line is where I have had positive lines on some tests in the past. It is very faint though so I'd test again in a day or two.

gryffen Mon 12-Feb-18 21:16:36

I do see a line but what strips are you using as the bars look quote far apart?

Does the package have a photo of what a positive looks like as it hopefully is a BFP just the spacing is a bit whacky!

Oysterbabe Mon 12-Feb-18 21:48:02

I can see it and pretty sure that's the right place for those strip tests. My worry would be whether it's an indent but fingers crossed!
What made you test?

Mummy2lots Mon 12-Feb-18 22:27:34

It’s a Lloyd’s pharmacy test, I took the plastic outer off to look at the strip inside closer. I decided to test because I’d been having really sore nipples xx

Mummy2lots Mon 12-Feb-18 22:31:39

The line is in the right place, that’s the strip out of the plastic pregnancy tests. (Lloyd’s pharmacy one) I took it apart to have a closer look.

TheCatsPaws Mon 12-Feb-18 22:33:46

Looks positive to me. I’ve had lines that faint that were positive tears

TheCatsPaws Mon 12-Feb-18 22:33:56

Tests

MynameisJune Mon 12-Feb-18 22:41:01

Tests are invalid once you take them apart as the contact with the air can cause evap lines. That looks like it would have been too far over to show up in a test window.

The only way to know is to re-test and don’t take it apart.

CL1982 Tue 13-Feb-18 08:57:42

OP check with a FRER smile

RosieCotton Tue 13-Feb-18 12:51:30

I took mine apart too. I'm currently 18weeks, I'd say mine was as faint as your. I'd definitely check again with first response

Shaunieh95 Tue 13-Feb-18 12:53:50

My first test was also like this, took another the next day and was in fact a whole lot darker so went out same day and took a digital clear blue, was 1-2 week smile!

Congrats xx

squiglyline Tue 13-Feb-18 14:35:33

@Mummy2lots
Mine was like that at 9dpo
I didn’t test again for another 4/5 days and the line was darker and then tested again the other day and it was as dark as the control line. I’m 5w5d now.

OddBoots Thu 15-Feb-18 16:53:10

Have you had chance to test again?

Mummy2lots Thu 15-Feb-18 17:15:29

I did a test the next day and it was negative, I also had an appointment at the gynaecologist and they said it’s unlikely I’d get pregnant naturally so it must have just been a fluke. We’ve been trying for almost a year now so was fairly gutted x

OddBoots Thu 15-Feb-18 17:30:55

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope me waking this post hasn't upset you more.

Mummy2lots Thu 15-Feb-18 17:41:49

Not at all, I was really hopeful but I guess it’s just not my time. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now