Talk

Advanced search

Still throwing up at 18 weeks

(9 Posts)
Zampa Mon 26-Jun-17 08:57:52

I was vomited once during my first pregnancy so a bit surprised to have been so sick in my first trimester with DC2 and to still be throwing up at week 18, albeit less frequently.

I have quite a sensitive gag reflex and have also thought that the vomiting might be due to indigestion.

Is it a case of put up and shut up or down you think there's something I can do to help?

It's not affecting my hydration and nutrition so appreciate it could be worse!

honeysucklejasmine Mon 26-Jun-17 09:00:46

Cyclizine to start with. There are anti-emetics aplenty! Don't suffer through. I was sick all the way through my first pregnancy, but cyclizine really helped.

snackarella Mon 26-Jun-17 09:03:52

I'm 10 weeks and neither medicines I've been prescribed have made me feel better.
I had cyclizine and then another which name escapes me.
If it carries on I may just hibernate for the next 30 weeks! Good luck! X

MotherOfBeagles Mon 26-Jun-17 09:16:37

I'm at 22+4 and still being sick regularly. Mine is more due to heartburn and acid reflux though as it's less food and more stomach lining - sorry if tmi!

One doctor has told me to suck it up, a nurse practitioner has prescribed me anti-acids and another doctor has told me it's not on and I need to get better care from my gp. So in the end I'm left confused and still being sick.

So no solutions but definitely feel your pain and hope it ends soon!

Zampa Mon 26-Jun-17 10:31:43

Thanks team! Really appreciate your comments.

Mother I think my issues may be similar to yours ... Pretty sure it's a heartburn issue. How glamourous!

Good luck all.

DinoMania Mon 26-Jun-17 11:45:05

I feel for you, had sickness right up until about 27 weeks and at 36 weeks I still get bouts of it now and then.

I've found that now it's things like peppermint tea that set me off. Maybe try to see if there is any correlation with stuff you eat/drink too? Good luck x

Writerwannabe83 Mon 26-Jun-17 12:07:33

I had horrendous sickness between weeks 6 to 19. Towards the end I couldn't even drink water and was vomiting every 45 minutes or so.

Someone suggested travel bands to me which although I was a little sceptical about they were a life saver!!! I couldn't believe the difference they made. I wore them for many weeks after the sickness had subsided because I was worried that if I took them off the sickness would return grin

Zampa Mon 26-Jun-17 13:25:02

Thanks for the tips.

Fortunately, I only ever throw up in the evening so life can continue. I feel for those feeling constantly ill.

vfoster Mon 26-Jun-17 17:10:29

I was throwing up until the day I gave birth to my first. Went away as soon as I had her!
37 weeks with my second and still throwing up despite medication for indigestion (which I'm sure is the cause). Think I'm just unlucky, here's hoping it eases off for you soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now