Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Over the bump maternity knickers!!

(9 Posts)
Dolallytats Fri 05-Apr-13 19:18:38

I have searched high and low for some over the bump knickers. I was fat before I got pregnant so need them in a size 20 or 22. I can only find ones that are either under bump ot cost at least £10 a pair...A PAIR!!!! That's extortionate!! I know they have more material and all that, but it's a bit much when you can get a normal 5 pack for less than that!!

Will larger size (or 2!!) of normal knickers do?? I can't afford to spend £40-£70 on 4-7 pairs which is what I'll need to do to have enough to get through the week.

I didn't get maternity knickers last time, but I wasn't so fat before or have such a huge bump!!

glossyflower Fri 05-Apr-13 19:25:30

I haven't been able to find any and the size up knickers just cut into my bump. In the end I am wearing my normal knickers but under bump. Not always comfy when you feel like they are pulling down!

Dolallytats Fri 05-Apr-13 19:30:40

Oh, that's not good!! Glad it's not just me having trouble finding them. When I had DC1 (20 years ago!!), they sold them in multi packs like any other style for just as little bit more money. Charging £10 for one pair is taking the mickey!!

I get the cutting in thing too, not comfy or attractive!!

noblegiraffe Fri 05-Apr-13 19:34:51

A larger size in granny style pants was quite comfy for me, although my bump wasn't that big.

Preposteroushypothesis Fri 05-Apr-13 19:41:26

I just bought some from yummymummy.com they are soooo comfy and £5 a pair, but I got them on sale for £4 I think! Totally worth it!

Notmyidea Fri 05-Apr-13 20:07:44

I bought two pairs of the £10 ones but wore them over my tights for support and made them last two days between washes. (oh the shame, but cheaper.)

foolserrand Fri 05-Apr-13 20:12:16

I opt for commando near the end. So much more comfortable and infinitely cheaper! wink

sleepyhead Fri 05-Apr-13 21:48:16

Mothercare had some when I was in at the weekend. Can't remember the price though.

sleepyhead Fri 05-Apr-13 21:51:27

These are £8 for 2 pairs and I can't see much difference between them and the ones that are called "over the bump" which are £10 for 2 pairs.

Still pricey compared to Primark though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now