Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is baby sitting on my bladder?

(4 Posts)
NoodieRoodie Fri 17-Jun-11 22:29:02

I'm 22wks and since last night I've been trying to work out if I'm starting with a UTI or if baby has shifted and is now sitting on my bladder.

I need to wee constantly but it doesn't hurt when I do but I have a constant nagging pain/ache in my bladder.

Every so often it feels like I'm having a hefty kick in the bladder.

Having had cystitis (sp) plenty of times before I have never gone this long from having the first niggling feeling to being camped out in the bathroom swigging pints of water and cranberry juice!

Do you think this is the baby?

PrettyCandles Fri 17-Jun-11 22:36:18

Very likely. Just pray that you are not 'blessed' with a little Beckham!

I was, he played footie with my bladder for the whole of the 3rd trimester - and by the end of that it hurts. If it wasn't for the fact that he was my first and my pelvic floor still retained a bit of strength, I would have wet myself several times a day. And, just to add insult to injury, he turns out to be rubbish at football!

NoodieRoodie Fri 17-Jun-11 23:05:27

Thanks for that!

I can now feel definite bouncing as well!

LDNmummy Fri 17-Jun-11 23:31:47

I have a "little Beckham". She has been doing the same to me for at least three weeks now, I'm 24 weeks. It has eased up of late but I think that is more due to her discovering newer more interesting things elsewhere. She does still like to kick me in the bladder once in a while.

I will usually get one kick, two kicks and then a 'its time to rush to the toilet' final kick when I all of a sudden need to pee as a result.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now