sorry another mattress thread: Hypnos anyone?

(12 Posts)
bananacarnival Thu 12-Sep-13 22:05:26

Does anyone have one.and are they any good? Especially for shoulder/back pain sufferers.

I need a medium tension mattress, not too firm or soft. Currently have a cheap softish Ikea mattress and I'm convinced it's making me worse ...

Thank you

Leopoldina Fri 13-Sep-13 13:37:37

yes, yes, YES goddamit, yes! they are things of great wonder. I had terrible shoulder / neck pain which appears to have been magically cured by buying a softer mattress. We have different tension on different sizes because the lovely Hypnos people explained that 8st vs 12.5st people require different levels of support. There's also banded support through the mattress so it's different for your legs vs heavier areas at hips / shoulders.
even tho' my side is softish, it's still very supportive. God but I love this mattress (got it in Dreams in the sale so slightly less ruinously expensive but still close to £2k I seem to recall for superking size)

lambinapram Fri 13-Sep-13 13:47:00

We've got a Vi spring, recommended by my osteopath. After I got it, my back problems disappeared. They feel soft but are actually very supportive but have a soft layer on top to 'hug' your body. Expensive but apparently can last around 20 years. We got ours in a sale for around £1000. Well worth it. They come in 3 weight levels, so make sure you talk to a salesperson and test it out first.

bananacarnival Fri 13-Sep-13 13:53:59

Thankyou both that's very helpful. Do either of you know off hand the name of the individual mattress ?

Leopoldina Fri 13-Sep-13 13:55:51

Ours is something musical like Vivaldi or Mozart. It's one they do for Dreams . We did go to the Hypnos shop by their factory in Bucks, and the prices were eyewatering = up to £13k!

bananacarnival Fri 13-Sep-13 14:35:09

Gosh! Thankyou

lambinapram Tue 17-Sep-13 23:30:52

All the Vi-springs are good - they don't do a 'cheap' one. We went for soft and the second cheapest one in the range as that was the one on sale.
I love that it is made from natural materials as well.

Leopoldina Fri 20-Sep-13 16:10:03

Hypnos are on discount on Achica right now!

sparkle12mar08 Fri 20-Sep-13 18:00:20

We have a Hypnos matress and divan, expensive at nearly £1,600, but worth every single damn penny! It's a pain turning it every couple of months but it will extend the life immeasurably.

hollyisalovelyname Sat 21-Sep-13 21:53:53

We have zip n link 6 ft Orthos by Hypnos ( made under license by Kellets- an Irish company) i just checked the bed for yougrin
It is brilliant. Have had it over 13 years. But I do turn it once a month.
I hate a soft mattress as my back isn't great, this is just right. Firm but not rock hard.

samuraispider Sun 22-Sep-13 16:55:50

Yes!

We bought one from their showroom. Cost about £1700 for mattress and divan but it is totally lush.

In most areas of life I am Miss Frugal but you spend a third of your life in bed so it's worth spending a bit of money.

coffeemum79 Tue 22-Nov-16 10:37:48

Is there a big difference in comfort vs price in the range? There is quite a few to choose from - Hypnos

Any recommendations?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now