Talk

Advanced search

Laura Ashley sofas

(17 Posts)
Zarainthehouse Sat 23-Apr-16 17:33:14

Hello guys

I am looking to buy a new sofa. I was at Laura Ashley just now and they have 50% sale on their sofas. Has anyone bought sofas from them, the one I am looking at is called 'Mortimer' and is a fabric 2 seater large. Their sale ends tomorrow. Any tips would be very much appreciated!
Zara x

BikeRunSki Sat 23-Apr-16 17:51:00

I am currently siting on a 12 year old Laura Ashley Kendal sofa. It's had DC jumping on it for 7 of those years too. The fabric is looking a bit shabby, but the sofas (we got a 2 seater and 3 seater at the same time) themselves are still going strong.

Zarainthehouse Sat 23-Apr-16 18:06:59

Thank you smile that sounds like a good quality smile

ggirl Sat 23-Apr-16 18:16:17

Had a leather one but sold it because the cushions kept slipping off ..was very uncomfortable because of that.

jazzmin Sat 23-Apr-16 18:18:07

I have one which is fine. My parents paid for the whole design service 2 years ago. One armchair arm has a huge dent in. They sent someone to come and have a look, he took it apart and said the cardboard inside had broken due to heavy impact. My parents were really upset, expecting a decent guarantee. My dad is old and hardly jumps on the chairs. Interestingly, their Facebook page doesn't allow visitor reviews, and when anyone leaves a negative comment they delete it quickly, which is very shifty. It is now with the ombudsman. Have a good Google of reviews before buying!

HereIAm20 Sat 23-Apr-16 18:23:29

We have 2 Laura Ashley Langham sofas thst are 16 years old and very comfortable so much do that when we fancied a change a couple of years back and looked around we decided we liked ours best and had them recovered! A friend has a mortimer and that is old in age and very confy too. I've always said that I'd buy it from her if she ever wants to get rid. 50% off is generally as high a discount as you'd get so go for it. If you're not ready to commit yet their sales seem to be getting more and more frequent. Also I think you can get a further 10% if you take out their card.

Zarainthehouse Sat 23-Apr-16 18:23:44

Yes I have been seeing bad reviews and hence my question here. I was in their store, but no one really helped me. The women at the store kept talking to each other. I was there for 45 minutes and they gave me some fabric samples when I asked for them but never offered to help.
Also, they give five year frame warranty which is less when you compare to DFS and Sofawork shop. Speaking of the later, has anyone got a sofa from Sofa workshop? I have never tried their sofas and will check out their showroom tomorrow.
I have a 5 year old DFS sofa and it has served me well. No dents so far, but I thought Laura Ashley would be better quality. Their reviews aren't good on Trustpilot. Makes me wonder!

BikeRunSki Sat 23-Apr-16 18:40:51

It does rather sound like "They don't make them like they used to".

Humphriescushion Sat 23-Apr-16 18:47:07

I have one, cant remember its name but the cover is a yellow stripe. It's lovely, and more forgiving than I thought ( though i have a throw on it most of the time). Any accidents have been ok and it has kept its shape.
I think if there is any kind of problem though the customer service is apalling, so double check everthing.

Humphriescushion Sat 23-Apr-16 18:50:43

Oh have just checked and I think mine is the mortimer. I can send a pic if you like. Off out shortly ( ha a social life at last!) so maybe tomorrow. I think i had the large three seater and it is quite big.

Zarainthehouse Sun 24-Apr-16 18:29:49

Hi thank you! I have decided to not go for them and instead I am thinking about Multiyork. It's the first time i have heard of them, I came across their name on another forum on here. They seem good - they give 15 year warranty on frame and spring and Laura Ashley is only five years!!

HereIAm20 Mon 25-Apr-16 14:44:43

Multiyork ones are lovely and again wait until the sales as they have good sales. It is interesting to see that those of us with very old LA sofas still have them and the ones with newer ones seem to have problems. As someone above said it must mean they don't make them like they used to. If I were to change I'd definitely look at Multiyork- we have one nearby.

Badders123 Mon 25-Apr-16 14:46:17

Multiyork are excellent
I think LA used to be quite good, but their rep has taken a bash recently.

Zarainthehouse Mon 25-Apr-16 15:00:46

Yes I think they have gone down in value, also the fact that they only offer 5 year warranty makes it look like that even they don't have much faith in their products anymore.
Multiyork have excellent sale on right now! do you think it's worth getting one from eBay and just getting a new cover for it?

dontcallmelen Mon 25-Apr-16 15:23:12

Hi Op can't comment on Laura Ashley but maybe have a look at sofa.com we have two lovely sofas from them, excellent quality & really good choice of fabric options quick delivery too, only difficulty is showroom are few & far between, we went to the showroom in lots road in Chelsea.

Auntygirl Tue 13-Sep-16 13:55:16

please dont waste of money

SunnySomer Tue 13-Sep-16 13:58:56

I was also going to recommend sofa.com. We have two sofas from them, customer service was absolutely superb, price fairly reasonable too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now