Talk

Advanced search

Sofa workshop - worth the price?

(13 Posts)
maggiethecat Sat 18-Jul-15 11:51:38

wonder if anyone has one of their sofas - they are quite pricey and wonder if justified by being very well made, comfy?

NoelEdmondsHighFlyingTurds Sat 18-Jul-15 11:57:39

I've got two of their sofas, bought second hand, so my estimate is they're about 8/9 years old. They're still v comfy, although they're a bit saggier in the places where we usually sit.

The covers won't survive another wash, though, so I'm not sure what to do about that. Getting some made will be hundreds.

I really like the Nockeby sofa in Ikea that I sat on recently. I'd say it's comparable with our SW ones in terms of comfort, but obviously you may not like the design. You can buy replacement covers though...

maggiethecat Sat 18-Jul-15 12:25:59

Hmmm, £2.5k for one that we like at sw - a bit steep.

will look at Nockeby

VivaLeBeaver Sat 18-Jul-15 12:33:36

Did they used to be CSL? If so I have tow of their sofas. Two years old now and still look new. Very comfy.

NoelEdmondsHighFlyingTurds Sat 18-Jul-15 12:33:57

How about Loaf? Made? Habitat?

maggiethecat Sat 18-Jul-15 13:12:55

what's csl?

not in london and apart from habitat don't think i can test sofas which is important - dh in particular needs sofa that will support his neck.

habitat has quite a few sofas - will need to check out.

loaf sofas (even if we could visit shop when in london) look stylish but wonder if comfy?

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Sat 18-Jul-15 13:25:09

No, they didn't used to be CSL

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Sat 18-Jul-15 13:27:33

Loaf are the sister brand of sofa.com

I think habitat quality went right down when they went bust and started being sold through Argos/Shop Direct. It became a totally different (inferior, IMO) product.

VivaLeBeaver Sat 18-Jul-15 13:35:00

Oh and I'm thinking of SofaWorks, they used to be CSL.

Seabrookscheeseandonion Sat 18-Jul-15 17:52:31

My 11year old sofa was from sofa workshop and still looks great!. I got it in the sale for just over £1000 so think I've had value for money.

dontcallmelen Sun 19-Jul-15 22:12:29

Or try sofa.com we have two from them, really comfortable great choice of fabrics/colours & the bluebell style is usually in stock, so fast delivery, when we were looking, also thought about sofa n stuff which were good qulaity, but didnt do the sizes, we needed.

ChablisTyrant Sun 19-Jul-15 22:54:21

Our leather sofa from sofa workshop is five years old and still going strong.

maggiethecat Mon 20-Jul-15 19:54:31

dontcallmelen - good value indeed!!

funnily, went into sofa n stuff yesterday and was quite impressed. struck me that quality (from appearance, comfort) was similar to SW but prices might be a bit lower.

Chablis - the leather sofa in SW that I liked was more than £4k!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now