Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Corner of mouth feels like its dribbling, but it isn't.

(5 Posts)
KateLennard Wed 05-Apr-17 20:46:15

For several days the corner of my mouth has felt like it's wet and dribbling. It isn't. I wipe it all the time and there is nothing there.
It's just one side. The other one is fine. Also when I drink anything, it feels like it's going to spill out of that side of my mouth. Though it never has.

I have googled it (big mistake) and every answer seems to lead to MS.
I tick a few of the other symptoms, but they all have other explanations.

I have vertigo, but that is because I get vertigo migraines.

I have a lot of muscle pain, but that is because I am 6 years post very early menopause.

I have depression and anxiety, DS1 has multiple SEN and I am fighting the council for support.

Anyone know about any of this? I feel like a complete hypochondriac even raising the idea. There is no MS in the family (no idea if this is even relevant)

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Wed 05-Apr-17 20:48:21

I had that recently.

I put it down to a side effect of an antihistamine and it seems to have stopped.

KateLennard Wed 05-Apr-17 20:57:14

Thank you king. I am not on antihistamine but am on quite a lot of medication, newest one was a month ago but will look up side effects of that.

OverAndAbove Wed 05-Apr-17 20:59:21

Are any of your meds steroids? They can cause odd sensations around the mouth

KateLennard Wed 05-Apr-17 21:05:03

Overandabove no steroids. Antidepressants, beta blocker for vertigo, thyroxine for underactive thyroid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now