Talk

Advanced search

an experiment

(9 Posts)
sunnyhills Mon 10-Apr-17 12:04:09

I've recently attached some guttering to my incredibly ugly fence and planted with SEDUM spathulifolium 'Purpureum' ,VERONICA prostrata 'Spode Blue' ,CYMBALARIA hepaticifolia ,ERODIUM reichardii 'Album', THYMUS 'Annie Hall' ,SEMPERVIVELLA alba and
SAXIFRAGA 'Silver Maid' . And a few others like PULSATILLA vulgaris 'Alba' which I'm thinking is too large really .

I'm really hoping they'll manage in such a shallow environment .

I've taken some pics with my untalented hand and cheap phone and I'm going to try and attach .

It all looks MUCH nicer in RL .

shovetheholly Mon 10-Apr-17 12:38:02

It looks GREAT in the pictures! Way to brighten up a fence no end. Love your choice of plants -are they from Secret Gardening Club?

sunnyhills Mon 10-Apr-17 12:48:35

You're too kind Holly .

They were from www.plantsforsmallgardens.co.uk/search.asp?keyword=Pots+and+containers

I've never ordered plants on line ,they came quickly and were beautifully packed and a good size .To my mind I thought they were a bit pot bound .lots of roots all around the pot and out the bottom ,though the plant itself looked fine .

This spathulifolium 'Purpureum is gorgeous

Polly99 Mon 10-Apr-17 12:55:36

That's a good idea.

I've also read that strawberries grow well in guttering.

offblackeggshell Mon 10-Apr-17 12:58:36

That is lovely! I'm trying to figure out what we can plant over shallow buried tree stumps, and these might be perfect!

shovetheholly Mon 10-Apr-17 13:04:15

They do look terrific! Love your choice of colours, lots of gorgeous purple and white things grin

timtam23 Mon 10-Apr-17 21:38:07

That looks really lovely. I love saxifrage/sedums.

NotAMammy Mon 29-May-17 19:43:21

Oh that looks great Sunnyhills. I like how it looks like a rockery too.

AdaColeman Mon 29-May-17 19:47:27

Lovely colour combination!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now