Talk

Advanced search

I used to want to slap Keira Knightley, but she really has improved as an actress no end, and my God she's beautiful

(13 Posts)
emkana Fri 12-Sep-08 23:30:53

Just saw the Duchess and it's really very very good.

And it made me cry. shock

Mamazon Fri 12-Sep-08 23:33:07

she is a bit up herself though.

She was at colleg with some of my brothers friends....no one at colleg liked her as she was a bit scrawney and waaaay too snobby.

they all kick themselves now though.

expatinscotland Fri 12-Sep-08 23:35:01

i don't find her beautiful.

mabanana Fri 12-Sep-08 23:35:54

I loved that film. The costumes! And I thought she was really good in it. So sad with the baby - I was getting wobbly lipped at that bit.

emkana Fri 12-Sep-08 23:36:46

God yes the baby bit made me cry more than any film has done in a long time.

mabanana Fri 12-Sep-08 23:39:30

I was with my daughter (16) so couldn't sit and sob, but I would have done if she wasn't there! What about those dresses? I was just swooning at them. I thought Keira was like Audrey Hepburn, but more passionate.

expatinscotland Fri 12-Sep-08 23:39:48

have only read the book.

the real duchess had a pretty good relationship with the child she had with her lover. the girl grew up and got married.

but she was married a long, long time before having her first child, Little G. she had many, many miscarriages before that, but she was also drinking quite heavily and taking laudanum.

Little G married young and was a mother of two herself by the time she was 19 and said of her mother, 'She was superior to all mothers, even good ones.'

will be giving the film a miss, it can never live up to the book.

KieraKnightly Fri 12-Sep-08 23:40:32

I'm so incredibly pleased you enjoyed my movie. smile

I'm not up myself at all sad.

mabanana Fri 12-Sep-08 23:41:21

You might be surprised. It's not totally accurate but it looks fantastic, the acting is wonderful, and Amanda Foreman who wrote the book is happy with it.

Rubyrubyruby Fri 12-Sep-08 23:41:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

expatinscotland Fri 12-Sep-08 23:42:04

i really do not like Kiera Knightley.

i don't.

for that reason alone, i wouldn't watch the film.

mabanana Fri 12-Sep-08 23:43:06

God loved the eyebrows too. Am now growing mine as a result actually blush

thumbwitch Fri 12-Sep-08 23:45:28

love the story of the Duchess, wouldn't really want to see the film on principle - I do think Keira K is very beautiful now (such an improvement since Bendit like Beckham) but I wish she would bloody well stand up straight!! She has such a kink in her neck, it gives me a pain just looking at it! Especially in Pride and Prejudice, in that era she would have been given deportment lessons to make her hold her head up properly. <ok, OCD rant over, and breeeeaaathe>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now