Talk

Advanced search

Does an Academy school publish annual accounts?

(6 Posts)
wineoclockthanks Sun 18-Jan-15 22:20:17

As the title please?

prh47bridge Mon 19-Jan-15 00:40:06

Yes, although the level of detail varies.

All academies are run by charities. The charity is legally a company limited by guarantee. This company is required to file accounts annually with Companies House. If they don't publish their accounts on their website you can get a copy from Companies House for £1.

If the academy is part of a chain you will almost certainly find the chain's accounts on their website free of charge. That is unlikely to give much detail on individual schools but most publish the headline figures for each school.

If you are interested in a specific academy I would be happy to point you in the right direction if you let me know which one.

wineoclockthanks Mon 19-Jan-15 18:49:30

Thank you.

Don't want to give much away, but would like to find out if a payment was made to someone but we'd be looking at the next financial year.

I'll keep an eye open!

wineoclockthanks Mon 19-Jan-15 18:50:48

Sorry, what I mean is this financial year, which won't be available until next year!

prh47bridge Mon 19-Jan-15 22:23:41

I doubt you would find that out from the published accounts. They don't show individual payments. So you may see, for example, how much they have spent in total on educational supplies but you won't see any breakdown showing how much they have spent with each supplier.

wineoclockthanks Mon 19-Jan-15 22:33:47

Ok, thank you for replying.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: