Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Have you ever heard of court ordered Skype?

(7 Posts)
Newbrummie Thu 06-Aug-15 19:55:25

Basically he isn't paying child support so I cannot afford Internet. He started phoning my iPhone which I didn't mind at first until he started swearing at me so I've hung up on him twice, he's now threatening court orders. I can't see how a court can order that I give up my phone for half an hour, wwdyt ?

traviata Thu 06-Aug-15 20:00:48

It's quite common for there to be Skype as part of an order where the child lives some distance from a parent, but not if you don't have internet. And if the court accepted that he'd been abusing the phone calls to swear at you, there would not be any more phone contact.

But why were you on the phone? Didn't you just hand it to your dc?

Newbrummie Thu 06-Aug-15 20:23:26

It's just a withheld number so I don't know it's him calling, he doesn't stick to arranged times.
Luckily he admits my sensibilities are offended in a follow up abusive email ��

traviata Thu 06-Aug-15 20:31:40

he sounds like a peach.

I think arranged times are the way to go, then you know it's him and you don't have to get involved.

would your DC be likely to talk for half an hour? or would the chat just fizzle out after a few minutes?

could you get your DC to call him? (if you can make the call free)

Newbrummie Thu 06-Aug-15 20:52:50

Oh they will talk shite for hours, them filling him in on all my business and typically I've let them on his bill because there is no free way if calling without Internet.
The thing is for me him calling kind of makes him not seeing them at all .... Two weeks this year ok in his mind and it's not, where's the motivation to see them if he can call, that's clearly enough for him.
I can't say I'm happy about it even without the abuse.

traviata Thu 06-Aug-15 20:57:41

that's understandable, but the DC like to chat, so it's them who'd miss out if they didn't have the calls.

it doesn't sound as though he'd make the time to see them face to face if he couldn't call.

when will they be old enough to have their own phones?

Newbrummie Thu 06-Aug-15 21:12:43

They all have a mobile, he won't ring though as that would cost him money !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now