Talk

Advanced search

SCAM ALERT - Teepeesleepoverparties.com

(9 Posts)
jasminder1 Sat 26-May-18 16:48:16

Recently fell foul to this scam which left my daughter's party in ruins and out of pocket. The company is called Teepee Sleepover Parties uk - they look professional but don't be fooled as it's all a fake. Booked and paid for a party, they never showed up on day and have never refunded the money, owners have already been investigated for two previous fraudulent companies, this teepee company is their latest scam. The owner Kate Smith (has been known by Kate Brown) has appeared on Rip Off Britain (ran a pamper party company and parcel delivery company in Crete before - loads of people out of pocket, ripped off and negative reviews), Google them and you will see how bad these thieves are - please AVOID!!

Whyohwhy65 Sat 26-May-18 16:55:53

Did you not check the reviews before you booked. They have reviewed from months ago saying they don't turn up and won't give people a refund

cornishmumtobe Sat 26-May-18 20:16:51

@Whyohwhy65 I think it's fairly obvious the OP didn't do this hmm

OP - sorry to hear this happened to you. Don't know how these people sleep at night. Thank you for sharing.

jasminder1 Sun 27-May-18 08:24:01

No I did not see any negative reviews (more fool me for not delving deeper)! The website is very professional, lots of pics of party set ups and responses from happy clients/customers. That and a recommendation/article in Angels and Urchins magazine dupped me to believing these people were legit. I have discovered since that the company address on their website is fake (belongs to a solicitors) and the pictures supplied to the magazine are from another teepee company! Having recently heard from other patents who have been conned it would appear they are deleting negative reviews from their Facebook page too. I am just trying to warn other people in case they make the same mistake I did.

Bellabudd21 Sat 14-Jul-18 21:46:54

I have just been scammed too. Penny didn’t drop until 7pm tonight that she wasn’t coming for my daughters long awaited birthday sleepover. I was fooled too by the website and could find nothing negative online. I feel sick that she can get away with this

Piccalilly1 Tue 17-Jul-18 11:12:37

I too did not receive my items that I had booked and paid in full on Saturday 14th July 2018. No contact, no refund, phone switched off, Instagram page magically disappeared but yet the website still up and running to take more orders!!!! Massive scam! Stay away. To scam adults is one thing, to break young children’s hearts is another!

Bellabudd21 Thu 19-Jul-18 16:57:05

I’m sorry you went through this too, on the same day as me...I know. It’s very personal when someone so blatantly has upset your child, it was physically painful to have tell my daughter that they weren’t coming after all. I got an email saying they would refund me but of course I haven’t. Did you not get any response at all? We need to report it to action fraud so they have a clear idea of the scale of her scam. If you search Gorgeous but Grumpy parties on Facebook there is a group of ‘victims’ who have also been scammed. Depending on how you paid your bank may be able to refund you the money. Good luck

nets1 Tue 24-Jul-18 20:06:03

Oh God, I have this company booked for BOTH my daughter’s parties at the end of August.

user1493068953 Sat 11-Aug-18 19:37:19

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: