Talk

Advanced search

Artificial insemination at home success stories

(17 Posts)
Noleeen Sun 03-Jan-16 19:42:13

Hi, my husband would love to start a family, however he has erectile dysfunction and very seldom is he able to produce when we have sex. This has been an issue for the past 2 years and I feel the next step is to try DIY artificial insemination. We are both in our 30's so time is not on our side.

I'm just looking out for any similar stories and if this has been successful for you. smile

hilzypop Mon 04-Jan-16 00:49:16

Hi noleen sorry to hear you are having problems. There was a post on here a month or so back with an op who was on clomid and her dh/dp had ed and they used a flexi cup and some preeseed and she got a bfp. Ive had a look and cant find it but maybe another mner can remember. Best of luck!

hilzypop Mon 04-Jan-16 00:58:17

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/2514799-Home-Insemination-Success

Found it 23/11/2015, op CocoPops hope this helps!

ItWorks Mon 04-Jan-16 02:04:14

Hi, we became pregnant on the third month of DIY artificial insemination. We used a run-of-the-mill chemist syringe and we allowed the semen to liquefy for ten minutes before I inserted it. Didn't bother with orgasm or raised hips (simply didn't believe it would work as our previous child was conceived via donor egg IVF). It is an absolute miracle (although on my ttc thread there were four of us had success with this method).

I used Clear blue digital opk's to predict ovulation and also charted my temperature). Much luck and do not give up thanks

jellyjiggles Mon 04-Jan-16 02:12:55

Yes we did it as well. DH had trouble performing under pressure and when he was very tired from working. We decided to take the pressure off our sex life and just use AI at ovulation.

Thankfully were very fertile and it worked in first month.

Did exactly same method as above but we sterilised syringe each time.

The result is fast asleep in her bedroom.

QOD Mon 04-Jan-16 04:54:08

I have a 17 yr old via this method
ovulation predictor strips didn't work as surrogates cycle so weird but she spotted a temperature anomaly 2 day before period due and ... dd is here grin
sperm was around 20 Mins old as I had to transport to her (in pot in armpit ) and there was much head standing post insertion!

snowy1982 Tue 12-Jan-16 13:47:12

So happy to see these success stories. DH and I are trying this method for the first time this cycle. The pressure of TTC seems to be getting to him, any other time of the month everything goes off without a hitch, but at the crucial time we start to have trouble, so decided to try this. Am not expecting miracles first time round, but it is encouraging to read the success stories

Noleeen Thu 14-Jan-16 07:31:37

These replies have definitely given me some extra hope. I started using the clearblue digital ovulation and got a flashing smiley face this morning so we will be trying this method this evening 😀 We are going to try this every other day until Tuesday so fingers crossed 😀

Snowey1982 good luck as well 😀 and thank you so much ladies for giving me hope

Kateus123 Sun 04-Dec-16 19:20:18

Hi iv done this method this month and doing everything in the right way iv been thinking it might have worked but im due to start my period in 3 days time i feel like im having cramps but my symptoms are not the same as i get each month.
I usually get cramps, feel my bladder rumblong away, dont feel like eating, alot of discharge, body temp keeps going hot and most of all sensitive breast, but this time im only getting cramp feeling like im about to start and i keep needing to urinate🤔 could this have worked? Advice plzxxxxx

Kateus123 Tue 27-Dec-16 00:01:30

Hi i have been doing this method this month we tried yestrday i overlated today but yestrday he come in a pot and i kept it under my arm pit i had my gown on so it was dark i ended up inserting it about 25 mins after he had done his business. Would there have still been sperms in there or would they have died

DuRezidal Tue 27-Dec-16 07:03:44

They can live up to an hour ( well they do in horse semen). Get yourself a digital microscope ( about £90) and you can have a look before you insert it.

Kateus123 Tue 27-Dec-16 18:06:13

Thankyou do you know where i can get it from

Kateus123 Tue 27-Dec-16 18:08:05

Has anyone got any new success stories doing this method

DuRezidal Tue 27-Dec-16 18:25:05

I have mine for work from eBay!

Kateus123 Tue 27-Dec-16 23:23:48

Just ordered one thankyou
Have you done this method? If so can i ask you a question please

DuRezidal Wed 28-Dec-16 07:17:50

No I haven't used it, inseminate horses as I have a stud so just know a few things about semen quality etc.

Kateus123 Sat 31-Dec-16 20:24:17

Thanakyou is there anyone here that has tried this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now