Talk

Advanced search

Scented pantyliners

(26 Posts)
FanjoBanjo1989 Sat 23-Sep-17 10:53:36

I mean, whyyyyy? Surely scented PLs are the worst thing ever? The ones I (accidentally) purchased seem to be especially pungent fragrant.

I've foolishly ended up taking a course of ABs thinking I have cystitis (again, something I'm v prone to hence having the ABs to hand) and actually I think the burning and discomfort down there is down to the fecking pantyliners. confused

user21 Sat 23-Sep-17 10:55:36

madness
scented or loo roll with 'balm' irritates too

MsVestibule Sat 23-Sep-17 10:57:22

I wouldn't use them - they're completely unnecessary and, as you say, could cause vulval/vaginal irritation.

CockacidalManiac Sat 23-Sep-17 10:59:08

I can never hear the word ‘balm’ without thinking of Terry Jones in Life of Brian.

DontDrinkDontSmoke Sat 23-Sep-17 10:59:49

I think they’ve caused a sensitivity—fucking mad itchiness— on the delicate skin there. I had less bother after childbirth and stitches.

highinthesky Sat 23-Sep-17 11:00:28

I've used them for 25 years without incident or accident. It's just personal preference!

But I also shower twice a day and wear perfume as well as deodorant. I have a very sensitive nose and am not up for an assault by unsavoury odours hmm

TammySwansonTwo Sat 23-Sep-17 12:42:33

More and more STs are scented now too. Really irritates my skin and the smell makes me feel sick. Just awful. And so offensive!

kali110 Sat 23-Sep-17 12:44:35

Dont use them then, but others like them. Ive used them for years with no problem, couple of my friends like them too.
Different things for different people

jmh740 Sat 23-Sep-17 13:46:58

They are evil. Anything scented makes me itch like mad. I have been found in the middle of the supermarket sniffing the boxes because some of them don't warn you, oh gives me the evil eye and pretends he doesn't know me.

Subtlecheese Sat 23-Sep-17 13:49:27

You can get reusable (cotton) pads. Natracare are a high cotton fibre no smelled variety (I am not sure about bleached etc)

Morphene Sat 23-Sep-17 14:34:48

this is driving me insane! I couldn't find a single unscented product in a massive tescos the other day.

I wish they would just fuck off back to the brain of the male advertising guru who spawned them.......

pinkdelight Sat 23-Sep-17 14:36:11

Loads of people on here slag them and clearly you have a sensitivity to them so course yanbu, but on the other hand, I like them. They smell nice. And yes everyone will be along to tell me fannies smell nicer, but after a wee or two I disagree. Given the choice between laundry-scented pantyliners and fanny-scented laundry, I know what I'd choose! smile

pinkdelight Sat 23-Sep-17 14:37:11

Also I've never been in a supermarket that only had scented. V unusual not to have a choice.

ThymeLord Sat 23-Sep-17 14:37:14

Hate the fact that virtually all liners and towels are scented now. It's ridiculous. Hey ladies, scent your dirty smelly vagine with fake flowery air freshener. No ta.

LadyInDread Sat 23-Sep-17 14:44:10

I have a really heavy flow so need to use sanitary towels and tampons. I've never needed these to "cover smells". I'd love a bidet to keep me freshers, but your genitals should never smell bad anyway. Even at my peak flow it doesn't smell.

Either some women need to wash more. Or, the more likely, tgis crap has convinced women they smell.

If you do have foul smelling discharge or period, it needs a doc, not air wick panty plug ins.

ThymeLord Sat 23-Sep-17 14:45:29

Air wick panty plug ins 😂 Brilliant!

Member984815 Sat 23-Sep-17 14:56:47

Can't walk down the lady product aisle in supermarket because the smell is overwhelming from always .

MrTrebus Sat 23-Sep-17 15:02:24

I love a carefree! Fair play to women that have no discharge or are happy to have slightly damp knickers etc each to their own but I've used Carefrees since I was 15 and I always will!

MrTrebus Sat 23-Sep-17 15:03:00

And I love all the scented ones too. Seems to be a mumsnet thing where people are against scented stuff

spermbrows Sat 23-Sep-17 15:19:44

Only use the organic liners and sanitary towels these days. My fanjo has become v sensitive in it's old age. It

BillSaysDoYourJob Sat 23-Sep-17 17:14:13

The thing is, they have their own very specific smell. So you just smell like pantry liners/pads mixed with a faint period smell. Grim. I can't say I've ever noticed a period smell UNLESS I've been wearing wretched scented pads, and then the smell haunts me.

kali110 Sat 23-Sep-17 19:22:49

Hate the fact that virtually all liners and towels are scented now. It's ridiculous.

also I've never been in a supermarket that only had scented. V unusual not to have a choice.
Yes! I've never been in a shop that doesn't sell unscented, there's always a few of each, even in the poundshops.
I don't know where all these shops are that only sell the scented ones, as i've yet to go into one.

Littlebelina Sat 23-Sep-17 19:40:42

Yanbu. Hate the things. Why would you want to smell like cheap perfume anyway and surely they must cause thrush. Grrrr

Littlebelina Sat 23-Sep-17 19:42:23

Also sometimes it is not obvious they are scented do I have picked up packets thinking they are unscented and got them home to find they reek of evil.

Lovemusic33 Sat 23-Sep-17 19:51:05

Always have changed all there's to scented? Or so it seems, the smell makes me gag, I now buy Lidls own which are much better. My local Tesco don't have many unscented as they mainly stock Always, bigger stores stock other brands.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now