Talk

Advanced search

What does it mean if you are 'wendied?'

(5 Posts)
littlefrog3 Thu 16-Feb-17 19:16:02

I keep seeing this on message forums - incl this one. People saying hey have been 'wendied?' What does it mean? (It seems to be when people are complaining about friends...)

Tiredbutfuckingfine Thu 16-Feb-17 19:17:59

It means you introduce a person you're friends with to you other friends, next thing you know everyone else is best buddies and no one wants to bother with you. The new person "Wendied" you. She's usually a bit of a nasty cow that amazing new friend, as it turns out.

littlefrog3 Thu 16-Feb-17 19:27:51

Thanks tbff. I did wonder. smile

Hasn't happened to me (as an adult!) but did happen when I was 10-15 y.o. several times.

Those bitches!!! grin

littlefrog3 Thu 16-Feb-17 19:29:58

I thought it may mean your BFF became friends with someone you introduced them to... and you lost them both. But from what you say, it sounds more like the new person you introduce to your friends pushes you out and 'steals' all your friends... I guess that is being wendied' .......nasty. shock

Tiredbutfuckingfine Thu 16-Feb-17 19:52:54

I think that for it to be a true Wendying she needs to be some kind of a cow/turncoat/psychopath as it's usually a "new" friend and she actually turns the others against you/just starts ignoring you for no reason.
I've met friends of friends I've got on with and it feels odd meeting them without the original friend, but we all still get on and all still meet up IYSWIM so that's not wendying.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: