Talk

Advanced search

To be absolutely pissed off with Yodel...

(25 Posts)
unlucky83 Sat 03-Jan-15 21:37:56

I ordered something yesterday - a (really) cheap mobile from Virgin. It was free delivery and I didn't notice it was next day delivery -thought it would come next week....when I realised I was a bit put out I had lots of things I was going to do today.
I got an email (from Virgin) saying your parcel will be delivered today between 7am and 9pm, click here to track. The link wasn't working...
Anyway this morning just after 11am I had to pick something up from 5 miles away and intended to get some other stuff whilst I was there -but no I came straight back - out half an hour tops and DD1(13) was here (said parcel needed signing for wasn't sure if they'd let her). At 11.20 I got a text saying your parcel is out for delivery and due with you today before 9pm. The text had a different web page - I could get the tracking -it was with the courier out for delivery today. I had to drop my DD2 off at an activity 5 mins drive away at 2pm - out 15 min tops - did intend to do something else at the same time but no came straight home. Left a note on the door, with my mobile number - got back note still there, no card or text. Had to go to collect DD2 at 4 - luckily DP was home from work. Still no delivery. At about 6pm I noticed the webpage was saying out for delivery before Monday 5th hmm. (Could have said that earlier but think I would have noticed...) So have waited in - listening for the door, etc etc -still no delivery...
Yodel have been good recently but I am furious about this...I doubt they are coming tomorrow ...but then it says delivery before Mon. I wanted to do tomorrow what I was going to do today ...obviously I can't-or maybe I can....
DPD did a delivery before Christmas and they had a brilliant thing where you could see where the delivery driver was on a map, what drop off he was at and what drop off you were and estimated time of delivery. Yodels website/tracking is a joke in comparison ...
About to send a stinking email to Virgin ...I so know IANBU...
surely they could have sent me a text/email earlier saying we can't make it today but will delivery by...angry

Sn00p4d Sat 03-Jan-15 21:41:26

They're muppets.
I ordered stuff from boots, it got delivered today in three separate boxes, at three separate times, by three separate delivery drivers! WTAF is that about?!

BikeRunSki Sat 03-Jan-15 21:42:52

Yodel are hideous.

LuckyLopez Sat 03-Jan-15 21:43:19

Gosh there's a lot of extra info there when essentially 'yodel were supposed to deliver today and didnt' grin

unlucky83 Sat 03-Jan-15 21:52:00

Sorry really needed to rant - it is the fact that (my fault for not realising it was next day delivery) but I had such a lot planned ...and it has completely screwed my day and at this rate tomorrow too -(I have to get DCs stuff for back to school) and they can't even be arsed to keep me informed...
(Still obviously feeling ranty!)

unlucky83 Sat 03-Jan-15 21:54:41

And recently they have been fantastic -so I wasn't anticipating any problems...if they had been their normal old selves I would have been mentally prepared at least...

Flaflaflaflaflaflafla Sat 03-Jan-15 23:11:51

Twats.
I once got a voicemail from Yodel saying they "could not deliver my parcel as the address was incomplete - it says 3F High Street - but there is no number" errrr, 3 is a number, right?

curlyclaz13 Sat 03-Jan-15 23:17:52

My parcel has been out for delivery since 6.30 this morning, tracking still says delivery by 3rd.hmm.

unlucky83 Sun 04-Jan-15 13:00:35

Well I still don't know whether it is coming today or tomorrow or...
All I need is communication ...they have my mobile no, they have my email ...they've used them FGS.
Fla's right - they are twats....

Weathergames Sun 04-Jan-15 13:02:50

Yodel couldn't deliver a parcel to themselves in their own warehouse.

weeblueberry Sun 04-Jan-15 13:12:10

Didn't even read the OP and already know YANBU.

OneStepCloser Sun 04-Jan-15 13:16:19

I`m afraid I have a nice story from Yodel yesterday, DHs birthday today and a parcel was meant to be delivered by them yesterday but I missed it, got a card saying text to have it re-delivered on Monday, I took the chance and text back asking if there was any chance they could re-deliver straight away as it was a birthday present for today, got an text back straight away saying `just for you` and he turned up half an hour later saying he didnt want to ruin the birthday.

That was a chap in a car (yodel courier?) delivering parcels tho, perhaps thats why?

OneStepCloser Sun 04-Jan-15 13:22:50

Not that that helps you, OP, sorry I would be furious as well. Hope it gets sorted for you.

lastnightiwenttomanderley Sun 04-Jan-15 13:23:20

YANBU.

I really wish online stores were obliged to let you know which delivery company they use. Only ever had a good experience with DPD and love that you know where they are on the round so can nip out for 5-10 mins without fear of missing it.

Yodel are awful and Hermes are hit and miss.

curlyclaz13 Sun 04-Jan-15 23:01:14

Apparently they attempted to deliver mine at 7.30 this evening hmm but there was no access to the property. hmm

unlucky83 Sun 04-Jan-15 23:07:19

Well mine still hasn't arrived - no texts, no emails, nothing. Have stayed in on the off chance ...will have to take DD2 shoe shopping after school one day this week...angry
Assuming it is coming tomorrow....
(Did wonder if someone might have nicked it -a box from virgin screams mobile - might think it is the latest iphone - not a £10 brick!)

Pumpkinnose Sun 04-Jan-15 23:13:01

Suggest you read the comments section in this:
www.theguardian.com/business/2014/dec/11/amazon-yodel-christmas-parcel-delivery-backlog#comments

DPD are good, Yodel are not! Crossing fingers it arrives.

Witcheswerehorses Sun 04-Jan-15 23:37:45

I don't understand why you didn't just go about your day as normal. You were not originally expecting it to come, worst case scenario you missed it and they re-deliver on Monday confused

RedSoloCup Sun 04-Jan-15 23:42:31

I never ever wait in for parcels now, I used to but have too many school / nursery runs now, if they come they come, if I miss them I re-arrange, everything's rosie smile

unlucky83 Sun 04-Jan-15 23:50:34

witches thought it would be less hassle...and would they have then come tomorrow? or would I have been in all day tomorrow and the day after etc waiting for them to get round to it?
A long time since I wasn't in for a parcel from them (or they haven't been able to leave it behind the shed -this is signed for)...
Just checked their website and it seems you are right - they would have redelivered...but I recall a couple of years ago being told I had to collect it from my nearest depot - which is 20 miles away...(I didn't - threw a wobbler and after a number of phone calls etc they eventually agreed to redeliver...)

unlucky83 Sun 04-Jan-15 23:52:39

Obviously I'm not up to date with the redelivery bit...will be much more laid back in the future...

StrattersThePreciousSnowflake Mon 05-Jan-15 00:27:05

Wow, I'm lucky then, our Yodel delivery guy is fantastic; he left a parcel for me 'behind the bins', when I checked, it was a big old parcel, and he'd rearranged the bins so it couldn't be seen.

I do see him a fair bit though, I shop mostly online, I think most delivery company vans could find their own way here now.

unlucky83 Tue 06-Jan-15 11:32:05

So to update ...I phoned Virgin yesterday at about 2.30pm when it still hadn't turned up and I still hadn't heard anything...
They put me through to Yodel.
It hasn't arrived because it is a HD driver.
confused What?
Parcel was never due for delivery on Sat - because that service hadn't been paid for. HD don't do Saturday deliveries. That text came from Virgin - not us. They shouldn't have sent it. Its Virgin's fault.
Well do you think it might be a good idea to have a word with Virgin about that? After all it reflects badly on Yodel...
I can't really, not my department- that's accounts confused
What about the tracking site saying it was out for delivery?
Well it was - the courier had it.
confused That doesn't help someone waiting for a delivery does it - it could be out for delivery for a month...
It says when it will delivered by.
But it hasn't been. It is Monday afternoon and it still isn't here - it said delivered BY Monday?
It should be with you today...
No that's delivered ON Monday or BY Tuesday - BY implies BEFORE.
I guess the website wording could be better.
Yep - I think it definitely could - and the parcel being out for delivery confusion- can you pass that onto someone too - maybe as a suggestion or complaint?
A general blather that makes me think nothing will change...not registered anywhere.
Except I will avoid Yodel with a passion in future...and will complain to Virgin too...
(parcel was dropped off (by someone in a car) at 3.15 saw them leaving on my way back from school pick up ..sod's law. But luckily DP was off so I did get it...Spent most of last night trying to persuade my crap old samsung phone to let me transfer contacts etc ...its not even talking to my PC at the moment sad - which is also a Samsung hmm...feel a whole new rant coming on wink)

spidey66 Tue 06-Jan-15 11:51:19

They're wankers. I'm still waiting for a parcel that was attempted delivery on 23rd December, when I was away. Apparently they tried x3 (but only one card that gave me no information at all about what they were doing with it.) Their website is shit and it's easier to go to the moon than to speak to someone on the phoen One of their online ''advisors'' told me it would be with me yesterday-no sign of it-when I checked online it was in the depot. I managed to speak to someone yesterday-was told to collect it-I said this was inconvenient as i was working and it was miles and miles from my work. Supposedly they'll deliver today (my husband is on nights so should be home.) I ain't holding my breath. I suggested if we were out they can give it to my upstairs neighbour but apparently they're not allowed to, even though it's my parcel and I've said this was OK.

curlyclaz13 Tue 06-Jan-15 20:16:27

After taking to Twitter mine should be with me today. hmm according to tracking it's still at the depot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now