Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Motorpoint will sell car cheaper as its end of month

(8 Posts)
rooferscost Thu 27-Feb-14 08:56:38

Motorpoint seem to have good reputation.

AIBU to barter re price - its end of month after all

rooferscost Thu 27-Feb-14 18:43:07

bump

littlemisswine Thu 27-Feb-14 18:54:22

weve bought a few cars from them they really dont budge on price in my experience

Joysmum Thu 27-Feb-14 19:29:43

More like to want to sell cheap at end of financial year than end of month.

CwtchesAndCuddles Thu 27-Feb-14 20:00:02

New car dealers are more likely to offer you a good deal at the end of the month if they are struggling to meet their targets. I once got a very good deal on a new car as the dealership needed one more sale to earn a huge bonus.
I don't think it makes much difference with used cars but always worth trying to haggle!!!

Bearbehind Thu 27-Feb-14 20:04:41

They deal in volume and a single sale isn't going to make a huge difference- you can try for a discount but it isn't likely to be much better just because it's month end (and you'd need to buy it tomorrow for that to even be a factor anyway)

VivaLeBeaver Thu 27-Feb-14 20:08:18

It can backfire. If they've reached the targets they won't budge. If they haven't they MIght. I think mid month can be better as they might be twitched about whether or not they're on target. I'm talking garages in place.

caughtoutforsure Sun 02-Mar-14 17:28:41

When I bought a car from them last year I got the delivery charge £99 and the inspection fee (not called that) £89 knocked off as I just said I wouldn't buy the car if they weren't taken off. Great car.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now