My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

June is busting out all over - just like I am!

211 replies

BecauseImWorthIt · 01/06/2010 21:52

So here's the June challenge. Four weeks to lose 8lbs. I'm low carbing, but it doesn't matter what plan or diet you're following.

Who else is in?

OP posts:
Quattrocento · 01/06/2010 21:58

I'm in! I have six weeks to lose a stone (now)

WilfShelf · 01/06/2010 22:09

In! I have been very demotivated lately, losing and putting back on the same 2lbs. Want to start moving down again...

dbm · 01/06/2010 22:09

me too - my target is half a stone

plan of attack - lots of lovely salads and veg with everything; avoid puddings too

LemonDifficult · 01/06/2010 22:14

I'm in! I weighed myself today - 2st and 3lbs to go but would gladly take 8lbs in four weeks.

Today was the first day of my new diet but it was all a bit vague. I ate masses of fruit, two skinny cow lollies, two fish fingers and a thing of steamed rice. I'm ravenous and I think I'm going to need a bit more of a plan!

MmeLindt · 01/06/2010 22:28

Me too.

As a failed low carber I am going to try just eating less and exercising more. Sounds easy, huh?

Lots of fruit, veg and salad.

Found some old photos and want to look like that again.

Quattrocento · 01/06/2010 23:02

Okay, today's meals consisted of

No-fat yoghurt
Salmon and green salad
Chicken and ham salad

The mad french doctor I am following advocates Oat Bran Galette - the recipe sounds too disgusting to make, or a variety of bran mash to fill you up.

I thought bran mash was what they gave to horses so have avoided that bit

The attack phase ends tomorrow so will be able to eat vegetables

According to the good doctor I shall reach my target weight ('It is a good weight') by 20 July.

You need to keep me on the wagon until then.

BecauseImWorthIt · 01/06/2010 23:20

Are you doing the Durkan diet, Quattro?

I'm reigning in the carbs in a major way, as well as giving up the wine. I might allow myself a gin and slimline occasionally, but that's it.

OP posts:
Quattrocento · 01/06/2010 23:33

Aye. Have just completed the attack phase - lost 6lbs in 4 days. Next phase is something called the cruise phase, in which you alternate a pure protein day with protein/vegetable days.

MmeLindt · 01/06/2010 23:41

Cruise phase sounds good, Quatto. Do you have your meals served by fit, bare-breasted young men in white trousers?

MN Love Boat Diet.

I would do that.

shortandsweet2 · 02/06/2010 06:55

Can I join?

I have lost over 3st but have become stuck. I am giving slimfast a go for 2wks just to give me a kick start and then will move on the 'the abs diet for women'

B - Shake
S - Banana
L - Shake
S - Cereal bar
D - Unsure yet

Good luck every one

BecauseImWorthIt · 02/06/2010 08:22

Great progress, shortandsweet2!

Quatto, did you buy the book? I registered online to find out more, but it's a bit vague - obviously they want you to buy the book!

MmeLindt - if you could make that work you will be a millionaire within the week.

OP posts:
owlets · 02/06/2010 08:48

I'm in! 8lbs would be great...
I'm sort of low carbing - completely cutting out wheaty carbs, and limiting others. Thats the plan anyway.
I weighed myself yesterday and I am 11st5lb.
Good luck everyone!

Naetha · 02/06/2010 09:12

I'll join this - my original target weight is only 4lbs away, but I'm still not happy with my body shape, and feel I could lose more.

I was originally 14st3lbs 2 months after DD was born, and I'm down to 12st on the dot. Most of it I did by low carbing (although didn't really fit in with my lifestyle), breastfeeding and calorie counting, but I hit a plateau a few weeks ago, so I've been taking Alli and doing the 30 day shred for a week now. So far had really good results, and the Alli side effects have been barely noticeable, so will keep going until the bottle runs out.

New target is 11 stone / 70kg. I hope to reach this by 1st September.

dbm · 02/06/2010 10:21

ok team - my plan for the day involves a whole load of fruit this morning for brekky and snacks; big bowl of veggie soup for lunch; lightweight tea will be something on toast - we've got a lot on after school today so this works for us
tomorrow I shall eat more but have planned fish and veg for the evening so feel that is a good start for the first two days

plus drinking lots and lots of water

my thoughts are jut to plan a day or two ahead but having a plan what I'm going to eat should help - do you find that so?

I can see the oat bran galette being beneficial Quattrocento but hows it tasting?

MmeLindt · 02/06/2010 10:32

Well done to those of you who have already lost so much weight.

I am going to put a pic up next to my computer (where the snack attacks tend to happen) of myself a couple of years ago in Italy. Any time I waver, I will look at the pic.

Today

Breakfast: Special K
Lunch: Fruit with yoghurt
Dinner: Ladies night out

Ok, Ladies Night Out not really compatible with losing weight. Will have a salad (no bread). and wine

And 30 mins on the XT this morning. Walk the dog to football practice this afternoon.

izzybiz · 02/06/2010 10:35

Can I join?
I am trying to drop a stone in 6 weeks using Slim Fast, my first day today, had my shake for breakfast, but am supposed to be taking the Dc's to Pizza Hut for lunch today
could be difficult!

shortandsweet2 · 02/06/2010 10:58

izzy how are you finding the slimfast so far. I have to say I had my shake at 7am and don't feel hungry at all.

MmeLindt · 02/06/2010 11:24

Izzy
You could have a salad at Pizza Hut. Just think how good you will feel this evening knowing that you resisted temptation.

owlets · 02/06/2010 11:58

Hello!
todays food will hopefully look like this...
B: Porridge and an apple
L: Ham and cottage cheese with ricecakes and salad
D: Spicy chicken with salad and sweetcorn
Snacks: Fruit, yoghurt, options hot chocolate!
good luck today everyone.

madamim · 02/06/2010 12:35

Hi can i join I've got 4 stone to loose, so I'm not following a strict diet at the moment I'm just eating very healthily and exercising, this should work considering I wasnt doing these thing before Good Luck everyone x

izzybiz · 02/06/2010 14:46

Well I had my shake then had a couple of slices of pizza and salad for lunch.

Will have my shake for tea and have saved snacks for this evening!

Im making the shakes in a blender with ice, bulk them up with a bit of froth!

bourboncreme · 02/06/2010 16:43

I'm in finally decided i have to do something ,am trying to be sensible and up the excercise and calorie count.

Would like a stone in two months but ?i seriously need to keep motivated

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

BecauseImWorthIt · 02/06/2010 18:37

Welcome all!

Today so far:

No breakfast (very unusual for me, but I had an osteopath appointment and ran out of time)

Lunch - chicken breast fried in pesto, salad leaves with vinaigrette dressing, cherry tomatoes and mozzarella.

Dinner will be - aubergine and courgette bake, with tomato and basil sauce, mozzarella and parmesan, with salad

And no wine!

OP posts:
amothersplaceisinthewrong · 02/06/2010 18:48

Half a stone to do in a month - I lost 3 stone have kept it off for 15 months, but it is creeping back now!!

Low fat diet for me, always works.

Quattrocento · 02/06/2010 20:36

Hello all!

Yes I did buy the book. It is very mysterious and obviously translated and rather funny in places.

Today's food intake

Breakfast - Vanilla no-fat yoghurt
Lunch - Wagamamma - warm chicken salad and fizzy water
Dinner - hot and spicy chicken wings and a glass of wine

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.