Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

New DLA wait times 2022

Momof2soonmomto3 · 19/04/2022 11:23

Iv made this new one as the thread I was following along with others has now been closed mine was scanned on the 18th Feb and still awaiting decision, I'm currently been waiting 40 mins on phone to DLA trying to get a update

OP's posts:
Please
or

whitwoochantelle · 19/04/2022 11:52

Im the 18th of Feb also so I'm following x

Please
or

Needanewadventure2021 · 19/04/2022 12:33

9 weeks isn't bad. When mine got scanned I was hearing some waits of 19 weeks so wasn't expecting anything for months. I have just over a week to go based on the 9 week time frame. Trying to hold off calling as it sets my anxiety off all the worrying. I'll be sad if my DS isn't awarded DLA as he struggles daily and I feel constantly on edge because he needs so much supervision and help.

Will keep following to try and keep a track of dates. Though I'm not sure there is any sense in the dates as they seem so random from what was posted on the last thread

Please
or

Momof2soonmomto3 · 19/04/2022 12:48

It's a horrible wait isn't it, my son also struggles on a daily and throughout the night also and dreading been given bad news because the financial help will open so many windows of opportunities for him and can help him with the autism struggles :(

OP's posts:
Please
or

Momof2soonmomto3 · 19/04/2022 13:12

I just finally got through and its with DM and I should hear in the next 5 working days if not to ring next Tue :) hope this helps

OP's posts:
Please
or

Needanewadventure2021 · 19/04/2022 13:17

It's sad isn't it that it comes down to money. I've found it such a battle to get things moving with my son with a diagnosis. It feels that’s down to money too. Thankfully school are now on board but that had to get to a complaint level before they agreed he needs help. Why should it take years and years of cries for help and it to even reach as far as a complaint for them to turn around and fully agree he needs urgent referalls. The GP is a disgrace too. Apparently due to his age school have to lead despite him being known to our GP since he was 2 for these reasons. My son is nearly 8 and things have never got better. In fact I worry things will continue to get worse.
But I agree the financial assistance will open so many opportunities for him. It makes me sad that I am unable to afford to do anything myself as we are just about getting by, living a life with no luxuries. It makes me sad that if I had more money I could possibly have already had things in place to make his life abit easier, but more so happier.

Good luck to everyone applying. We know our children. I've held off for years applying. But there is most definitely a need for assistance

Please
or

Needanewadventure2021 · 19/04/2022 13:19

Bet you are relieved. Looks like the 9 weeks time frame is about right then

Please
or

Momof2soonmomto3 · 19/04/2022 13:34

Hopefully everyone gets good news now, my son is only 3 non verbal and showing every sign of autism and ADHD, he hasn't been formally diagnosed yet but I'm a right b*tch when it comes to my children and I have pushed so so hard for assistance with it all, my daughter has also got suspected autism and they have turned their back on her she's nearly 9 and being a girl they mask it better and she only tends to show her little quirks at home and doctors and dentist pointed this out but school are refusing to corporate so when its so obvious in my son I pushed and pushed and nursery have been fantastic.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Wilzo235 · 19/04/2022 13:38

Glad a new thread has been made dont know how I'd have managed the wait without the last one. Mine was scanned 1st of march so maybe 2 weeks wait keft hopefully

Please
or

DrHildegardeLanstrom · 19/04/2022 14:15

Got my result this morning after ringing, scan date 10th Feb, decision made 15th April

Please
or

Momof2soonmomto3 · 19/04/2022 14:20

@DrHildegardeLanstrom hopefully it was good news for you :)

OP's posts:
Please
or

DrHildegardeLanstrom · 19/04/2022 14:21

Very good news!

Please
or

Momof2soonmomto3 · 19/04/2022 14:23

Has anyone applied before their child's 3rd birthday with autism and got accepted? My son is 3 in 3 weeks

OP's posts:
Please
or

Momof2soonmomto3 · 19/04/2022 14:24

@DrHildegardeLanstrom brilliant, so happy for you and your child :)

OP's posts:
Please
or

Marzal · 19/04/2022 14:29

I rang this morning mines now with case manager what’s this?
Mine was scanned 15th feb so they said I should know very soon hopefully x

Please
or

Momof2soonmomto3 · 19/04/2022 14:42

@Marzal hopefully, and wishing you all the best

OP's posts:
Please
or

DrHildegardeLanstrom · 19/04/2022 14:48

Thank you @Momof2soonmomto3 it will make such a difference for DD.
Good luck to everyone still waiting on the thread Flowers

Please
or

Lisamarie90 · 19/04/2022 14:50

Hi everyone glad there's a new thread, was losing track on others. So my form was scanned 22nd Feb. Currently on week 8 waiting. Had a lettervthis morning dated 11th April saying sorry there's a delay etc. So gave them a call this morning. Lady on the phone just said there's still no decision as of yet. She wouldn't even tell me if it was with a decision maker yet either or what claim dates they were currently working. I hate the waiting it's no good for my anxiety 😫 xx

Please
or

Momof2soonmomto3 · 19/04/2022 14:57

@Lisamarie90 I spoke to someone like that before she was as much use as a wet tissue, I'd try ringing again but going from what the guy said this morning on the phone they are working up until the 19th so you should hear next week, it's taking around 9 weeks x

OP's posts:
Please
or

Momof4boyos · 19/04/2022 15:21

So happy to have found this new thread. My Son's DLA forms were received on 17th February.
I have called today and been told no decision has been made as of yet.
The lady I spoke with said they have had my forms 9 weeks this Thursday and that new claims are currently taking on average about 10 weeks.
I have everything crossed that I will hear something within the next week x

Please
or

whitwoochantelle · 19/04/2022 15:23

I've been told another 3 weeks minimum

Please
or

Momof2soonmomto3 · 19/04/2022 15:37

Think they are telling everyone different πŸ˜‚

OP's posts:
Please
or

Lisamarie90 · 19/04/2022 15:39

Aahhh I know was so annoying waiting 45 mins on the phone to be told nothing. I was fuming!! Brilliant thank you. Hopefully next week πŸ™πŸ»πŸ€žπŸ» I'm going to hound them again next week 🀣🀣 xx

Please
or

Momof2soonmomto3 · 19/04/2022 16:15

@Lisamarie90 I hound them on a regular basis now in the hope its good news πŸ˜‚

OP's posts:
Please
or

Lisamarie90 · 19/04/2022 16:51

@Momof2soonmomto3 I don't blame you!! Needs to be done. Never known anything to take so long. This is all so new to me! My son is 5, 6 in June. But we always put his traits/behaviour/meltdowns down to his frustrations with his mild hearing loss and serve speech delay. But these are improving and his behaviour/meltdowns have got worse. I can't leave him unattended, he can easily become violent to his 3 siblings or my house gets trashed. The care I give him is so much greater then my other children. I give him more care then my 3 year old. I just hope I don't get told no straight away as the financial help is so much needed so I can buy him things that will help his day to day life. Its just so hard. Xx

Please
or

Spacemonkey2016 · 19/04/2022 17:59

My form was scanned on 16th Feb. I tried calling today: 45 minutes into the wait, the call cut out. Gutting. Will try again tomorrow I guess!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

This thread is not accepting new messages.