Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

June 2023 Babies ☀️ (Thread 3)

991 replies

firsttimelondonmummy · 26/10/2022 22:32

@BellaTheDarkOverlord @MrsP4 @BobbySD345 @DrinkingAllTheGin @CaliGirl47 @Tor88 @B1993 @HalWin2221 @Texasholdem20 @LT103 @NalaNana @thedust @Babybaby66 @ireneadler101 @theodora2146 @Okapi99 @justbelieve @Pumpkincat11 @AstroH @peonyjam @Ally1992

OP posts:
Please
or

MrsP4 · 27/10/2022 10:26

Hi everyone, just had my booking apt, went well my midwife is lovely, said scans will come through the post, all ok I've just got to have growth scans as my BMI is on the low side but was the same with my daughter so not surprised. Hope everyone's doing ok,

My nausea is really hit and miss some days I have a few bouts but some days none at all, I'm 9 weeks on Saturday so only a couple more weeks before I start to hopefully feel normal again! I remember the second trimester being the best last time felt normal loads of energy etc

Anyone else got booking apts next few days? Or anyone got first scan dates? X

Please
or

firsttimelondonmummy · 27/10/2022 11:00

@MrsP4 so exciting!
Mine are ages away 😭 booking is 17th of Nov, scan 19th of Dec.
Having a private scan Sunday.
Still not a whiff of sickness for me which is worrying me…. (6+1)

OP posts:
Please
or

MrsP4 · 28/10/2022 11:37

@firsttimelondonmummy wow that does seem far away, at least you have a scan booked for Sunday will be lovely to see how your little bean is doing! I have some days when I'm really nauseas and other days when I'm just tired, looking forward to second trimester when all that stops and you feel normal again 🤣

Please
or

Katie2021 · 30/10/2022 20:02

Hi please can I join! ❤️ Hope your all okay!

I was sent for an early scan on the nhs on Friday due to having pcos and irregular periods, and they confirmed a baby was there growing perfectly with a beautiful strong heart beat and 7 weeks pregnant 😍❤️

Symptoms Ive had sickness for the past 2 weeks, I get it worse in the night up until around mid day! I find making sure I eat small and often helps me to keep food down! If I don’t eat first thing in the morning I can guarantee I will be throwing up 😷 but mostly it’s just a lot of heaving, everything and anything can set it off! If anyone has any tips that help them I’m down to try! I’ve tried ginger / ginger biscuits as someone advised but they didn’t seem to help and came straight back up 🙈 Apart from that it’s mostly been breast tenderness xxx

ill attach a pic of my 7 week scan ❤️

June 2023 Babies ☀️ (Thread 3)
Please
or

Bparb · 31/10/2022 12:55

Hi everyone!! Congratulations on your babies!
I am due 26th June. I had my heart set on a summer baby so I am over the moon. It’s going to be baby #2
Sickness started around 5 and a half weeks (it ended at 13 with my first pregnancy) so I feel like I have a long road before I feel better again.
I’ve not contacted the midwives yet, I think I will this week. Planning a private scan for end of nov when baby would be around 10 weeks.

Please
or

Katie2021 · 01/11/2022 09:59

@Bparb congratulations! So exciting! Aw I hope the sickness doesn’t last that long! haha did anything help you with your sickness in your first pregnancy? This is my first and I’m really struggling with the sickness!

after my 7 week scan on Friday the doctors told me to contact midwife’s he said they usually advise you to contact them between 7-8 weeks. So I’ve rang them to register pregnancy but now I’m just waiting for them to contact me about my bloods and about booking my 12 week scan ❤️ Xxxx

Please
or

sleepymama3 · 01/11/2022 10:54

Congratulations @Katie2021 glad you received such prompt care and reassurance!
@MrsP4 I'm with you on the second trimester, it was lovely on DC... no sickness, bump showing but not huge😊

Please
or

Rutennotou · 01/11/2022 11:14

Hi everyone! I think I'm due very start of July but haven't seen a thread for it. I was on the pill though so it's been a shock and I've only the last time I had any bleeding to go off - putting myself at 5+1 for now. Will call next week to arrange my booking appointment and going for a private scan near the end of the month so it remains to be seen if I'm accurate or in for a shock 😂

Also I'm due to get married at the end of July so I'll have to postpone if things go okay!

Please
or

Bparb · 01/11/2022 12:11

@Katie2021 thank you! and you!
The only thing that helped with my first was small sips of water and eating plain crackers so my belly was never empty and no big meals, lots of small food. I had it really really bad with my 1st (boy) as I was sick constantly, luckily this time I feel nauseous but no sick so far!
Glad to scan went well! I'm planning on calling my midwife unit at 7 weeks as appointments are really quick where I live as it sparsely populated.

Please
or

Bparb · 01/11/2022 12:12

@Rutennotou oh wow it must be a lot to get your head around!
I am due 26th June so could potentially also be a July baby - it must be odd not knowing how far along!

Please
or

SleepingJane · 01/11/2022 12:26

Hi ladies! Hoping you’ll let another one in. Not sure what all the acronyms are but looks like I’m due 5th June! First baby so I’m in a complete state of nervousness, sickness and wonder at the moment. Happy to take this journey with all of you ❤️

Please
or

geeshaarp · 01/11/2022 15:45

Hi! I’m just looking for some advice, I’m currently 7 weeks pregnant but I had a missed miscarriage in August at 9+2 weeks (unfortunately found out at my 12 week scan).
However my pregnancy symptoms are so different in this pregnancy, minor sickness, minor toilet trips still, not a strong sense of smell… and I’m starting to feel apprehensive 😕
In my miscarriage pregnancy, my sickness was horrendous from about 4+3 and I had all the usual pregnancy symptoms.
So I’m not sure if I’m over thinking this pregnancy or if I should be concerned to how different I feel..
Please help! 😂 sorry for the waffling xx

Please
or

Rutennotou · 01/11/2022 15:53

Bparb · 01/11/2022 12:12

@Rutennotou oh wow it must be a lot to get your head around!
I am due 26th June so could potentially also be a July baby - it must be odd not knowing how far along!

It will probably end up that I am only 5 weeks as it seems logical but I already have morning sickness and didn't get it until 8/9 weeks in previous pregnancies so I'm a bit suspicious! 😂😂

Please
or

Algor1thm · 01/11/2022 16:13

Hi everyone 😊 Lost the thread but have found it again! How is everyone doing? I've been a bit quiet as I've been struggling with my hyperemesis but I'm now having good and bad days which is better than all bad days I guess!

I've had my booking in appt which was much longer than the first time with lots of talking through my first pregnancy and birth, but have been cleared as low-risk and midwife-led which I'm pleased with as I'd like to go for attempt #2 at a waterbirth this time!

3 and a half weeks until my 12 week scan and it can't come any sooner! Can't believe I've made it to 9 weeks - the last 6 weeks since finding out have felt very long.

Please
or

sleepymama3 · 01/11/2022 16:42

Glad they're not all bad @Algor1thm but you poor thing, morning sickness is bad enough without being hyperemesis!

Anyone else finding their clothes a bit tighter?! I can still close the button on my jeans but with less ease than 2 weeks ago... maybe I'm imagining things as I would really rather not start showing until after week 12!

Please
or

Bparb · 01/11/2022 19:03

For anyone who's had a booking in appt - has it been in person? I had my first baby 2020 and so everything was over the phone/remote and it was horrible so want a normal pregnancy experience this time (hopefully)
@sleepymama3 yes my jeans are definitely starting to feel uncomfortable now! I don't want to show before 12 weeks either as we're not ready to tell anyone.

Please
or

Algor1thm · 01/11/2022 19:18

@Bparb yes in person 😊 All seems back to normal now re: maternity care thankfully.

@sleepymama3 with my first I wasn't showing at all until at least 16-18 weeks but this time round I can tell I'm going to need to move into maternity jeans a lot sooner!

Please
or

Katie2021 · 07/11/2022 12:45

@Bparb I had my first midwife/ booking appointment last week and it was in person so hopefully yours will be xxx

Please
or

Bparb · 07/11/2022 13:07

@Katie2021 I referred myself today and my appointment is in 2 weeks and it is in person!
How is everyone feeling? I had the worst nausea from 5+4 until today 7 weeks, couldn't get out of bed. It's eased up a bit today and I feel human again!

Please
or

Katie2021 · 07/11/2022 20:21

@Bparb aww that’s good! Oh gosh glad your starting to feel a little better!

I’m 9 weeks and I’ve had sickness since about 5 weeks too! Mines worse in the night time and in the mornings , Last night was up at 2am throwing up and feeling awful until around 4.30am, which is great on top of already feeling so tired 😂. Hoping it starts to settle down soon! xx

ive got my next scan booked in for 7th December, I’ll be 13 weeks then, can’t wait for it to see the little bean again! Just Feels forever away! Xx

Please
or

LouLa7 · 07/11/2022 23:02

Hi guys, just a heads up but we're still on thread 2 so there might not be much traffic here yet. This post was made prematurely so we've not quite reached it yet 😊

Please
or

Zaalfruit · 28/11/2022 13:01

I think it just hit the limit for thread 2 !!

Please
or

firsttimelondonmummy · 28/11/2022 13:54

@dresslol @DrinkingAllTheGin @Marmiteontoastyum I’m glad I’m not the only one, been feeling so lazy because I can’t get up to do anything some days 😭

OP posts:
Please
or

justbelieve · 28/11/2022 13:58

Has anyone had the NIPT test done? If so, are you able to share your experience, e.g. what they did/info you were told and how long it took for your results?

I have a NIPT test booked for this Sunday, but not sure what to expect - so any experiences would be great to hear ❤️

p.s. I think this will be the first scan I’m not nervous for as I had a 10 week private scan yesterday and saw the heartbeat still beating away and baby was jumping around a lot and moving it’s arms and legs, was so amazing to see! 🥰

Please
or

firsttimelondonmummy · 28/11/2022 14:07

@justbelieve i’m having a private one Wednesday.
If you remind me I will update you post 😊

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?