Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

Due Feb/Mar after MC 🌈 πŸ™ˆ Thread 2

811 replies

MooBugz · 24/08/2022 22:16

New thread following the almost full last one! Sorry if I missed the tag for anyone 😬

@Ally256 @madeinthe80z @Lmcc88 @OceanbreezeSun @doingitalllagain @RedElleJ @STom2 @WonderWoop @LittleLottle @Skylark1990 @Rubes1234 @Hagster @JoKB @Gamergirl84 @Franklin321

OP posts:
Please
or

Ally256 · 25/08/2022 07:47

Second thread whoo! I just bought a fancy pregnancy pillow and I love it so much.

Please
or

WonderWoop · 25/08/2022 08:23

Thanks @MooBugz! Ooh @Ally256 I woke up thinking about getting a pregnancy pillow. Don't want a big one though, more like a wedge. Any inspiration?

Please
or

STom2 · 25/08/2022 08:38

@moobugz Thanks for the new thread!!

@Ally256 I've been using my pregnancy pillow for about a week. Pulled it back out of the loft. I have both mine since pregnancy with DS. I tried a wedge one first and it didn't work so well for me (I'm a front sleeper and move around a lot and found it a bit fiddly). I use that one now when sat at dinner table (for back support). I have one of the long banana shaped ones. I do love it. It ties the ends like a doughnut. The great thing about it is I used it after the birth for breastfeeding a lot (wrapped it around my waist and had baby snuggled on it). This saved my back. I also then used it to help with tummy time and as a support around him when he was starting to sit up (with help). So it has had MANY uses. Think it was only Β£15 on Amazon.

@lmc88 I LOVE a bath and in cooler weather always take one every Fri night. It was a treat I put in place for some relaxing time shortly after birth of my son. So I specifically asked the midwife at my first appointment were they okay. She said totally fine. That due to blood flow etc, if we have them too hot (like, really piping), then she said expect to feel a little dizzy. But that baby's temperature is only 1 degree warmer than ours inside so there's no risk to them. Just have to be mindful of not making ourselves feel faint.

Please
or

STom2 · 25/08/2022 08:39

Apologies - I should have directed my pillow chat to @wonderwhoop!

Please
or

doingitalllagain · 25/08/2022 08:51

@WonderWoop I had a huge pregnancy pillow with my first, full body length with two sides and I wedged myself in the middle. My husband had to prise it from my arms about 8 months after he was born as he hated it but I loved it πŸ˜‚ it was fab.

I’m not feeling so great today. I had another anxious day but unlike the day before didn’t feel anything to reassure me so it carried through into the night. Struggled to fall asleep than woke up at 2am needing to be sick and with a bit of a bad stomach which is unlike me. Went back to bed after and felt like I was cramping, could of been the bad stomach but I convinced myself it was the end coming. Desperately trying to feel something today lying down and jiggling from side to side a lot. I want to go get a scan but my next one is a week today so husband saying to wait. Feels so far away though!

Please
or

Skylark1990 · 25/08/2022 09:01

Thanks for the new thread @MooBugz and for the tag πŸ™‚ lovely to hear some of you are popping and feeling movements!

@WonderWoop I have the dream genii which isn't too huge and pretty good! When I was really big tho last time I found it better to use a variety of cushions and pillows e.g. one between legs, one behind back and one under bump. I found a feather pillow good for under bump and behind back!

I'm 7+1 today, still feeling nauseous a lot of the time and feel I can smell more too ATM 🀒 just plodding along! X

Please
or

OceanbreezeSun · 25/08/2022 09:08

Thanks for the tag for new thread @MooBugz πŸ˜„

I’m 17 + 4 today! At my 12 wk scan, I was measuring 6 days ahead. Bump is prominent now & I can’t fit into my jeans as of last week so I bought a couple of pairs off Vinted.

ooo you are not that far behind! Looking forward to updates as the weeks go on!

Please
or

Hagster · 25/08/2022 10:24

Thanks for the new thread @MooBugz 😊

Please
or

Emalouise25111 · 25/08/2022 15:07

Could I join please? 😊 currently 15 weeks 3 days after mmc at 9 weeks in April. Already feels like this pregnancy has been a rollercoaster - minor spotting and my anxiety has meant we have had 5 scans so far πŸ™ˆI promised myself that I would announce/start to get excited/calm down after our 12 week scan but I just can’t! Any tips on how to chill out and enjoy pregnancy after loss?! Xx

Please
or

MooBugz · 25/08/2022 16:23

Hi @Emalouise25111 sorry for your loss and rollercoaster of emotions sounds about right! I would say try focus on little milestones and depending on when you mc last time you can use that to know you got further already this time.

I don't think there's any easy way and we're all struggling one day or another so feel
Free to share the worries with us 😊

I woke up feeling the most energy I have done in weeks! It was great and I feel better but the tiredness is kicking in now haha but maybe that's the glow up period about to catch up πŸ˜†

OP posts:
Please
or

STom2 · 25/08/2022 16:52

@moobugz I think my energy levels and nausea have also significantly improved last few days. That said, I legit vommed into my own mouth this afternoon when I changed a horrendous nappy DS had. Shock

Please
or

Lmcc88 · 25/08/2022 17:25

@MooBugz thank you for the tag!

@STom2 Thank you for that! I had a lukewarm one last night and it honestly felt so good! But I never really liked a piping hot one so it’s good to know I can have it a degree or two warmer!

my friend suggested this pregnancy pillow (att) from Bella and Moon that she really likes

Due Feb/Mar after MC 🌈 πŸ™ˆ Thread 2
Please
or

madeinthe80z · 26/08/2022 06:58

I have one of the giant full body u-shaped ones. I was excited to get it out again but its making me too hot so I've only used it a few times!

Please
or

STom2 · 26/08/2022 07:43

Morning ladies! Hope everyone is looking forward to a nice Bank Holiday weekend.

Quick question - is anyone still drinking caffeine? I gave it up entirely during pregnancy with DS and after due to breastfeeding. Started again with a little when he was weaned. Then when I got pregnant again I stopped again. But DS has taken to 5am wake ups for the day recently so I'm considering a coffee in the morning again to get me through. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Please
or

Rubes1234 · 26/08/2022 08:43

Hey everyone!

Welcome @Emalouise25111 so sorry for your loss and fingers crossed for you!

We are having an awful week, my partners nan died this week. I think the bleed I had was stress from this but still having the brown when I wipe. It’s really stressing me out now. Had a day yesterday with nothing then back today.

Have an appointment with the consultant on the 31st but unsure whether to wait for that or to ring the midwife again for some reassurance.

Also having groin pain. I do have sciatica so I’m wondering if it’s this as well… has anyone else experienced this yet?

@Skylark1990 sorry I meant to reply. No not on progesterone. I did start aspirin but stopped it after the bleed.

xx

Please
or

Rubes1234 · 26/08/2022 08:44

@STom2 I feel you!!! Hahahah

I had two cups of tea for the first time the day I bled and it’s put me off again even though it’s probably totally unrelated! πŸ˜“

Please
or

Skylark1990 · 26/08/2022 08:46

Hey all, hope all going well!
@STom2 I still have one cup of normal tea in the morning, and occasionally a second cup or a green tea in the afternoon although I don't seem to feel like it much ATM due to the nausea! But I couldn't do without a bit of a lift haha. there's about 50mg caffeine in a cup of black tea so much below the standard recommended highest dose of 200mg per day in pregnancy. Everyone is different and has different thresholds though, but for me I know I'm fine on one or two teas. I stopped coffee for other reasons before I fell pregnant in June but I do love coffee. I think one a day would be fine. Depending how strong you like it! Different brewing methods extract different amounts of caffeine eg stove top often has like 300mg in one cup whereas a filter or caffetiere has about 100-150mg per cup. Double espresso has about 150-200 per cup. This is all approx and from memory, I looked into it all with my daughter's pregnancy ages ago haha. Also totally fine to have a coffee a day in breastfeeding, it hardly goes through to the milk at all (same with alcohol in moderation, we can have a glass of wine or two while feeding- even if you drink loads there have been studies to show the amount that goes through to the milk is same as what's in orange juice - although of course maybe good not to go overboard for other reasons!) So when you've got two little ones don't worry about that cuppa coffee either πŸ˜…xx

Please
or

Skylark1990 · 26/08/2022 08:50

Also with my one tea a day all through DDs pregnancy, and I did have the very occasional full caff coffee, she came out 8 and a half pounds, agpar 10 so didn't do anything to harm her! I know having too much caffeine can cause low birth weight and ofc early on it can increase chance of miscarriage but not sure once we are later on... Plus I think that would be if you were having quite a bit more. But I do think everyone's diff in terms of what they can handle so listen to your body. If you feel jittery off one cup of tea or coffee then it's a sign it's probably not good for you to have but if you feel normal, it's probably fine .... My non medical, no expert opinion haha x

Please
or

Skylark1990 · 26/08/2022 08:52

When I said to my DH the other day, do you think tea is fine in pregnancy? He was like, if it wasn't then the whole of the UK would have died out πŸ˜…πŸ˜… obviously joking but I thought it was funny

Please
or

Skylark1990 · 26/08/2022 08:53

Sorry totally spamming this morning. @Rubes1234 sorry to hear of your bleeding scare after the tea, and that you're still having brown when wiping πŸ˜₯ that must be so stressful. How far along are you now? If could be a good idea to get progesterone as if you've had a loss before and you're bleeding now it could really help πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈ xx

Please
or

STom2 · 26/08/2022 09:30

@Skylark1990 Your DHs tea comment made me laugh! Thanks for the advice. I made myself a latte this morning (lazy person version using a frother and some nescafe instant espresso). Most likely a placebo effect but I genuinely lost the groggy feeling I'd had for previous 2 hours before drinking it πŸ˜….

@rubes1234 I had groin pain off and on for a day a week or two ago. Not super painful but like mild shooting pain (enough for me to notice). I did a bit of googling as I'd thought those kind of "daggers" were more linked to near end of third trimester. But when I googled it said it was very common at this stage (I would have been 14 weeks), due to uterus stretching and starting to move upward. All connected apparently.

Please
or

Rubes1234 · 26/08/2022 10:06

@Skylark1990 sorry to hear your nausea is getting the best of you at the min but also happy it is. In the nicest possible way! The joys of pregnancy! πŸ˜‚
I’m 15+1 today when I had my scan they said there was nothing coming from the inside but I’m just not settling at all with that reassurance. What I am finding on the likes of google and mumsnet is loads of people seem to have it and go on to be fine. Still not enough reassurance though.

Ive been racking my brain trying to figure out what’s caused the bleed. Tea/flying/stress/being too active/no sleep. Could be anything! 😩

I thought when we got back from England it would settle loads with resting more, which it has I had a day with nothing yesterday. I was just constantly on the go with DH nan being really ill and helping family etc.

@STom2 yes this is what it’s like for me. Definitely feels muscular if I lift my leg too much or get a surprise big sneeze I get the shooting pain but more achy day to day. Let out a huge wail when it caught me by suprise getting in the shower. We have a really deep bath πŸ˜‚ que the running in from DH to see if I’m ok. Lol. He will be grey in a few months.

Part of me is saying to ring the midwife. Part is saying to wait until 31st. Unsure what the consultant will do though tbh.

Please
or

MooBugz · 26/08/2022 18:38

@Rubes1234 @STom2 oh that's good to know! I had them dagger feelings early this week too!
Definitely getting the round ligament pain kicking in more when I make any sudden movements, honestly feel about 70 some days when paired up with the tiredness πŸ‘΅πŸΌ

On the plus side the nausea is at an all time low which is good and means I'm eating somewhat normal again

@Rubes1234 if you think you can't wait till 31st I would just call the midwife for peace of mind. Even though it's next week it'll feel ages away as each day passes and that's what they are there for 😊

OP posts:
Please
or

doingitalllagain · 27/08/2022 07:25

15+5 and my boobs seem flatter and much less sore. I’ve not noticed any flutters for a couple of days now. I am convinced of the worst again and dreading the wait until Thursday 😭

Please
or

STom2 · 27/08/2022 14:52

@doingdoingitalllagain Sorry to hear you're struggling today. If it helps, I think more often than not, breast tenderness eases as you head into the second trimester, along with the nausea. So I wouldn't think there's anything to worry about in that respect.

I don't feel flutters every day either. When I looked into it there were older threads on MN with women saying they felt flutters early on with their second, but then these stopped and they didn't notice anything again until 17/18 weeks or later. So I've taken reassurance from that. At 15 weeks they're the size of a pear and still very much tucked up inside. So they'd only need to move a bit for you to not feel anything again.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?