Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To think that there are too many personal insults and attacks on Tory voters

763 replies

Soimblue · 22/12/2019 14:20

I’m really sick of it now. I don’t log on here to be called a cunt, told I hate disabled people and want to ruin the NHS.

I’m interested as to whether others feel the same or if it is just me. If it’s just me, I think I’ll piss off.

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

1081 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
49%
You are NOT being unreasonable
51%
StillCoughingandLaughing · 22/12/2019 14:22

I don’t think there are enough.

Soimblue · 22/12/2019 14:23

Would you rather we all left then, and MN was Labour voters only?

Is that honestly what you want?

OP posts:
user32564567 · 22/12/2019 14:25

I’m really sick of it now. I don’t log on here to be called a cunt, told I hate disabled people and want to ruin the NHS

Where do you usually go?

MidnightCircus · 22/12/2019 14:26

Nope, agree with you. I'm also slightly fed up with being told I'm right wing, and being made to feel like I'm some inferior species simply because I voted Tory. I don't understand why left wing is considered the best/only way either. There are consequences to everything, so whilst it would be fantastic to be totally give everybody what they want, it just won't work

BertrandRussell · 22/12/2019 14:27

If you think it’s tough being a Tory, try being left wing and a feminist!

Jeansforme · 22/12/2019 14:27

Ignore them. It’s laughable that they are seen as the more ‘moral’ voters. The hate and bile that comes out seems to suggest otherwise.

Drabarni · 22/12/2019 14:28

Well, that's what people think about Tory voters.
It's not nice to be called names, but you knew what you were voting for, it's not like the Tories make a secret of their beliefs.
If you cared about education, the NHS, and supporting those less well off, the ill and disabled, then you wouldn't have voted Tory.
Own your selfishness.

firstimemamma · 22/12/2019 14:29

Yabu, everyone is under attack. Not just Tory voters.

I voted green and I'm always ripped to pieces for 'wasting my vote'. Labour voters are attacked for all sorts of reasons, as are Lib Dem voters.

If you voted Tory, can't you just be happy that your party won?

GiveHerHellFromUs · 22/12/2019 14:29

Why don't you just stop telling people you voted Tory?

Kungfupanda67 · 22/12/2019 14:29

I agree with you, this election has found all these people who suddenly think it’s acceptable to insult people because they think differently to them.

I voted Labour - I hope by the next election lots of Tory voters have changed their minds, but I’ve never found the best way to get people to agree with me is to call them a cunt, tell them they’re homophobic and they hate disabled people 🤷‍♀️

Readthisearlier · 22/12/2019 14:30

As a disabled person, I think you deserve it.

Ginormoustrawberry · 22/12/2019 14:31

The replies on this thread tells you all you need to know OP.

Unfortunately the labour voters who would agree with you aren’t the ones who shout the loudest, that’s left to those who think they’re morally superior.

You’re best bet is to ignore them because despite the vitriol the spout it actually says more about them than it does you!

Drabarni · 22/12/2019 14:33

I agree with you, this election has found all these people who suddenly think it’s acceptable to insult people because they think differently to them.

It's hardly a case of just thinking differently, let's face it.
The tories plan to make my extended family homeless and to take their kids into care, through racism and ethnic cleansing.
So pardon me in thinking the tories are cunts and those who voted are either dim or cuts themselves.

FourEyesGood · 22/12/2019 14:33

I think there are too many vulnerable people in our society under attack. I therefore can’t feel sympathy for anyone who votes Tory.

GiveHerHellFromUs · 22/12/2019 14:35

The tories plan to make my extended family homeless and to take their kids into care, through racism and ethnic cleansing.

I missed this part of their manifesto...

Treaclepie19 · 22/12/2019 14:36

I voted labour and I think the attacks on both sides of the fence have been horrible.
I'm pretty fed up of being called stupid to be honest.

firstimemamma · 22/12/2019 14:36

@FourEyesGood you hit the nail on the head.

MidnightCircus · 22/12/2019 14:36

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Kungfupanda67 · 22/12/2019 14:36

I must have missed this part of their manifesto - could you link to whatever policy you’re talking about?

Patroclus · 22/12/2019 14:37

Stop whining and take some responsibiity. So sick of conservatives playing the victim.

virginpinkmartini · 22/12/2019 14:39

@firstimemamma Being told that your vote is a wasted one is quite different from being told that you are a bad person based on which party you put a cross next to.

Patroclus · 22/12/2019 14:39

Its almost like politics has real economic realities, KungFu....

ScreamingValalalalahLalalalah · 22/12/2019 14:40

I'm a Labour voter, but I have noticed this too, and not just in the arena of the recent election. There is no need for personal attacks and insults - let's exchange views with a focus on the facts, rather than making assumptions about the person behind them. Too many people, not just on Mumsnet, are ready to construct an elaborate framework of assumptions as soon as a person disagrees with them about something.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks · 22/12/2019 14:40

I think this was about Trump winning, but I think it's true for us too.

To think that there are too many personal insults and attacks on Tory voters
siring1 · 22/12/2019 14:41

Given the low level of intellegence of Labour voters it's a good thing they lost.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.