Talk

Advanced search

Disgusted by all the transphobia here

(1000 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

MikePeterson Sun 04-Feb-18 16:12:59

A very good friend of mine and a long time poster here has spent most of her day crying because this fresh wave of transphobia in a community she thought she was welcome in has finally broken her spirits. After obtaining her permission, I am posting this because it needs to be said.

She is a woman with a penis and has identified as such since she was old enough to understand the concept of gender. Being female is part of her identity but so is her body, such as it is and untouched by surgery and artificial hormones. She is a beautiful individual and, to my eye, presents a much more feminine image than, ironically, Linda Bellos and several of her fellow bigots.

Arguing that, because of potential past trauma involving males, causing seeing a penis or even an individual likely to be in possession of a penis to be triggering is justification for segregation is as absurd as it is offensive. Would it be acceptable for a woman who was the victim of a violent crime commuted by a particular ethnic minority to demand that all members of that race be segregated in changing rooms and domestic violence shelters? Of course not.

Equally ludicrous is the claim that transgender women somehow had the privilege of living as a man. Cisgendered women are light years ahead of transgender women in terms of privilege and if you wish to continue denying this, you are no better than the most vile male misogynists.

Finally, think about how disrespectful you are being to all women, you are reducing all the wonderful differences between the genders to what someone has between their legs. The same feminist ancestors who fought for your right to vote, to be regarded as more than domestic servants and baby machines would spit on you for your intolerance.

ALittleBitOfButter Sun 04-Feb-18 16:15:08

Actually, you're wrong. Women don't have penises. And cis privelege doesn't exist: it is a made up concept for the penis rights movement.

SmurfOrTerf Sun 04-Feb-18 16:15:09

Thank fuck we have a man coming on here to tell us where we are all going wrong

ALittleBitOfButter Sun 04-Feb-18 16:15:33

*privilege

BakedBeans47 Sun 04-Feb-18 16:15:49

biscuit

BakedBeans47 Sun 04-Feb-18 16:16:26

She is a woman with a penis

So, a man then.

TheCatsPaws Sun 04-Feb-18 16:16:29

She is a beautiful individual and, to my eye, presents a much more feminine image than, ironically, Linda Bellos and several of her fellow bigots.

So being a woman is about how someone looks? I have no makeup on today, am I a man?

teenytinypontypine Sun 04-Feb-18 16:17:05

You are fucking kidding, right?

LineySt Sun 04-Feb-18 16:17:22

This is a wind up, right?

BigDeskBob Sun 04-Feb-18 16:17:43

Are you telling us off?

UpstartCrow Sun 04-Feb-18 16:17:43

You are homophobic as well as a misogynist.
A penis is not a female sex organ. Your friend is a feminine man. We can see that because we dont have gender dysphoria.

Zioanna Sun 04-Feb-18 16:17:46

What is “the difference between the genders” then?

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 04-Feb-18 16:17:48

Your friend can feel like a woman until the end of time. Will always be biologically a man.

That’s science not bigotry.

Series28 Sun 04-Feb-18 16:18:50

Although I do slightly agree with some (not all) of what you are saying OP, i do think you have made a bad move by posting on here, good luck!
The problem with your ethnic minority anology is that men with women are pretending to be women in order to enter womens spaces and assult them whereas a man or women pretending to be asian for example wouldnt make it any easier for them to sexually assault anyone.
It wouldnt be endangering anyone if we could self ID as asian but being able to self ID as a women, had endangered women.

Series28 Sun 04-Feb-18 16:19:14

Although I do slightly agree with some (not all) of what you are saying OP, i do think you have made a bad move by posting on here, good luck!
The problem with your ethnic minority anology is that men with women are pretending to be women in order to enter womens spaces and assult them whereas a man or women pretending to be asian for example wouldnt make it any easier for them to sexually assault anyone.
It wouldnt be endangering anyone if we could self ID as asian but being able to self ID as a women, had endangered women.

AnneLovesGilbert Sun 04-Feb-18 16:19:14

Women don’t have have penises.

Jog on Mike.

MikePeterson Sun 04-Feb-18 16:19:15

TheCatsPaws, their overall looks are exactly as much an aspect of their gender as the shape of their genitalia. A penis has no inherent gender, what matters is the mind in the body it is attached to.

MikePeterson Sun 04-Feb-18 16:19:17

TheCatsPaws, their overall looks are exactly as much an aspect of their gender as the shape of their genitalia. A penis has no inherent gender, what matters is the mind in the body it is attached to.

MikePeterson Sun 04-Feb-18 16:19:38

MikePeterson Sun 04-Feb-18 16:20:08

Sorry for the multiple posts, I'm having trouble with my browser.

Youllneverweealone Sun 04-Feb-18 16:20:17

"Finally, think about how disrespectful you are being to all women, you are reducing all the wonderful differences between the genders to what someone has between their legs. "

What are these differences?

shakeyourcaboose Sun 04-Feb-18 16:20:29

So when my child was in fancy dress today as a dinosaur.... He actually IS a dinosaur???

Series28 Sun 04-Feb-18 16:20:33

Sorry I didnt mean to post twice it stayed in my message box so I had assumed it didnt send

mimibunz Sun 04-Feb-18 16:20:41

cisgender? You mean those of us born female, with the chromosomes to prove it?

FloraFox Sun 04-Feb-18 16:20:51

Lots of men find feminism disgusting. You’ll find women here don’t bend themselves out of shape to appease men. You might find that strange.

This thread is not accepting new messages.