Talk

Advanced search

The Hushistas dream of silk, velvet and cashmere (and Meryls)

(1000 Posts)
ilovecherries Fri 27-Sep-19 14:32:43

Old thread www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/3682902-The-Hushistas-flirt-with-autumn?pg=40

twosoups1972 Fri 27-Sep-19 14:41:35

Oooh are we on a new thread already?

Thank you @cherries hope you are having a wonderful time away smile

neveradullmoment99 Fri 27-Sep-19 14:51:52

Thank you cherries

Laska2Meryls Fri 27-Sep-19 14:57:53

ooh new Fred !!
Thanks cherries

For a those ordering the Hush supersoft top.... Having worn mine al day yesterday and this morning (yes I know, grubby me..) It is showing signs that like the last years one it may pil a little and possibly shred.. The grey one I had last year did also for a couple of washes and then was fine,.. . Its lovely and snuggly though, and I'm not too worried about it , but just so you all know if its going to bother you ..

So.. I have sent back the Jigsaw flatforms !! (really sadly though,sad) I loved them and they fitted fine, but although I've now tried them with 3 different types of socks , walking around in the house they really badly squeaked!! I assume its because of the lining/ insole. My Fly boots also squeak and as a result I have only worn them twice (I must ebay them ) ..

Toast sent me a random extra pair of velvet trousers today .. I suppose instead of the cords I ordered ? Anyway they are also in the way back..

So its not turned out to be as bad a spending week as I thought after all , but still quite enough!! ... 1 Meryl, 1 supersoft top, 1 Pair of M&S jeans and some knickers.. but then there is Portugal in a few days time

SoyYo Fri 27-Sep-19 15:17:50

Thank You Cherries!! You really are on the ball (as if!) even on hols!! Enjoy that sunshine I say and let us worry about the woollies

Ooh Laska you are being prudent this week! wink I hate squeaky shoes though and they’d only annoy you and take away all the potential fabulousness...I’m jealous about Portugal wine drinking expedition envy

Huff I’ve emailed Brora after setting up a new customer account telling them their website didn’t help me at all when I placed my order and please can I now have my recommend a friend voucher? wink
Hopefully they will reply and I’ll let you know because £20 off would come in super handy for another item I’m lusting after: lacy cashmere tights!! Oh My! I want so badly but I don’t want to pay £60 for them so watch this space smile

In the meantime and in theory I should receive these beauties. I say in theory because I reckon they’re a bit like Toast they put a disclaimer that the sale order is “subject to stock availability blah blah” so I’m not getting too excited yet.
Jumper:
www.brora.co.uk/stlj908gh1962?CAWELAID=120342550000010612&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzaP86ZTx5AIVmp3VCh3oNwm0EAQYASABEgI1wvD_BwE#

Silk chiffon blouse and Liberty silk blouse:
www.brora.co.uk/db1778bvs1847
www.brora.co.uk/db9811vs1817

Have High Hopes...

dontcallmelen Fri 27-Sep-19 16:14:18

Thanks cherries yy don’t think about jumpers enjoy the sun, I have just got in & spent ten minutes trying to peel my jeans off got caught in the torrential rain, it was like a monsoon i couldn’t see where I was going & nearly knocked myself out walking into a bustop😳
Aww shame about the trainers Laska but squeaky shoes are the worst.
Soy love the Brora stuff👍🏼

Ellapaella Fri 27-Sep-19 16:30:30

@neveradullmoment99 where was your coat from in the last thread please? Looks lovely.

Huffthepuff Fri 27-Sep-19 16:36:37

Love love love the Brora bits @SoyYo !

neveradullmoment99 Fri 27-Sep-19 16:58:37

Its the hush astrid @Ellapaella

twosoups1972 Fri 27-Sep-19 17:43:53

@SoyYo you are very naughty. A Brora sale you say? At hugely slashed prices? grin

NotAnActualSheep Fri 27-Sep-19 18:24:41

Thanks cherries! Glad you're having a lovely holiday grin . No to woolies....

What a bummer about the squeaky shoes laska. Hate that. At least you noticed now before you'd worn them out! I have a habit of only noticing those things once it's too late to return. Or our house has some kind of anti-squeak flooring.

soy OMG, that jumper is stunning, and the blouses. The black starry one will look fab on you. I do hope they arrive! I am NOT going to look at the website any more. So I don't need any codes. No no no no no.

len - I know what you mean about peeling trousers off...A van driving through the gutter totally drenched me coming back from school today. Luckily I had a long raincoat on, but my skirt was soaking and muddy. Straight in the wash when I got home. And now DS is mimicking my "Really?!" which I shouted at the driver (moderating my language, at least..).

Tonight is definitely a night for staying in with the heating on and a glass of wine . Which is unfortunate as I have to go to a meeting on safeguarding back in town and I DON'T WANT TO GO. Who decided that Friday night was the time to do that, anyway?! Bah.

Sooverthemill Fri 27-Sep-19 18:37:44

@SoyYoi clicked on the Brora link and now I want liberty print knickers

SoyYo Fri 27-Sep-19 19:40:42

Thanks for the Brora love girls I blame Huff wink
We’ll wait and see if I actually get any of it...soover yes those liberty knickers are marvellous (don’t look at the lace cashmere tights! 🙈)

SoyYo Fri 27-Sep-19 19:57:53

not hope your evening goes well. You’ve been working so hard lately I hope you get a chance to relax this weekend and I say have a large wine on your return home x

medb22 Fri 27-Sep-19 20:15:57

Gosh, this thread moves fast! Thanks for the welcome and all the tips!

@NotAnActualSheep, thanks so much for the advice re the Dionne skirt. It looks great on you! I shall hum and haw further. I'm a bit unhappy with my tummy after my second c-section last year, and my natural waist has kind of...disappeared, so skirts or anything tailored around the middle can be funny on me.

I too could live in Liberty, @Sooverthemill, though I never really think about it for clothes, always accessories and homeware. I haven't been in years. Will also check out Browns and Anthropologie (hurrah!). @twosoups1972 I am staying near the Tate Modern, but happy to Tube around the place (I do love travelling on the Tube). I think there is an Oliver Bonas nearby as well. I've been to the one in Belfast before, it does have nice stuff. I may have to rethink my Friday afternoon in the V&A, to do justice to all these suggestions smile

Talisin Fri 27-Sep-19 20:31:14

Another couple of suggestions for London shops: &Other Stories and Arket. Both technically chain stores but really only a small handful of them across the country. Oh and they’re both helpfully in Regent Street (along with Anthropologie).

Huffthepuff Fri 27-Sep-19 21:24:16

Ah @medb22 I wondered if you were near Tate Modern when you said you were near a Joy! I know it well. Yes Joy is fun but a polyester fest as Not mentioned. There's also an Oliver Bonus round the corner from you too which someone has already recommended. Pop by Borough Market for food as it's so close to where you are staying! I wouldn't rethink your visit to the V&A as there's a wonderful shop at the gallery and you'll be close to Kensington High Street there so some fabulous shopping to be done 🤗

Sooverthemill Sat 28-Sep-19 07:42:22

Ooh Kensington is fab for browsing! And the V&A is lovely, don't skip it. I've also though Marylebone high street is good and someone suggested Hampstead which is where I used to spend many a SATURDAY mooching ( great bookshop and I wonder if the crepe stand is still there)

Laska2Meryls Sat 28-Sep-19 08:00:44

I forgot!! I also bought the Hush baker boy hat, didnt I?..so yes it was a spendy week, (but not as much as it could have been)..

I have busy weekend planned.. DGs is with us , so that will be spendy also !!

I had better get up , DH has been up with him for an hour already.. My turn for duty!

medb22 Sat 28-Sep-19 08:10:46

Thanks all! Borough Market is on my list for Saturday morning! I will still go to the v&a, but I might push the visit back to Friday night instead. Or Sunday morning before I leave perhaps.

Sooverthemill Sat 28-Sep-19 08:35:32

I do not know why my iPad is randomly shouting odd words. Apologies.

Sooverthemill Sat 28-Sep-19 08:36:09

@Laska2Meryls but the hat is lovely and you need a hat in this weather!

Huffthepuff Sat 28-Sep-19 11:37:06

Joules scarf. I love it! Gorgeous soft fabric that drapes really nicely

twosoups1972 Sat 28-Sep-19 17:51:00

I’m wearing my black jersey culottes today but can’t get footwear to work. I want to wear brogues with them but they look wrong. Or is it the trainer socks??

Sooverthemill Sat 28-Sep-19 18:02:02

@Huffthepuff love the jumper! I think it's the trainer socks. I never wear socks that show unless wearing full length trousers. I've looked on Pinterest ( culottes outfit autumn) and I think you need boots to carry it off

This thread is not accepting new messages.