Talk

Advanced search

It's time... Yes we fucking hate summer.

(1000 Posts)
SapphireSeptember Sat 01-Jun-19 22:35:43

Although it hasn't got as hot as it was last year (yet) I feel like I've already had enough. I'm got hayfever, I can't go outside without insects getting in my face and I'm already feeling hot and sticky. I also want to go to bed and someone round here is having an outdoors party. Yes I'm a Scrooge, no I don't care. Roll on autumn and crisp sunny days and frost and apples and brightly coloured leaves (ahh, I feel cooler already.)

LoafofSellotape Sat 01-Jun-19 22:37:26

I hear you although today was fine for me but any hotter and I SHALL COMPLAIN!!!

TildaKauskumholm Sat 01-Jun-19 22:39:45

Yes me too, not a lover of hot weather - though we haven't had any yet in Scotland! Just off to bed with a hot water bottle!

SingingTunelessly Sat 01-Jun-19 22:39:53

Today was gorgeous. 😮. I love this time of year when it’s warm but the humidity hasn’t built up. Sticky, sweaty late July is grim I admit.

hazeyjane Sat 01-Jun-19 22:41:12

Yes, today was enough Summer for me....couldn't even wear a cardigan.

DappledThings Sat 01-Jun-19 22:43:29

Hello my people.

I was so grumpy today. It's starting. The heat, the brightness, the having to wrestle DC into hats and suncream and constantly worrying they're still overexposed.

At least nights are still ok. But it's only a matter of time. Says it's 16 and raining by Wednesday though. Fingers crossed!

SapphireSeptember Sat 01-Jun-19 22:44:09

I'm already complaining, grin the kitchen where I work is roasting. I think it's getting to 'properly hot' because when I left work at 8pm this evening it still felt really warm out (and still and a bit muggy.) I much prefer it when there's a breeze.

Someone I work with was talking about a three month heatwave. 😱 I swear upon all that is good and holy upon this earth, if that happens I'm going to hide in my room for the entire time.

Arabuella Sat 01-Jun-19 22:44:19

We haven’t seen much of summer where I am. We still have the heating on and it’s poured with rain for the last 2 days. I’d rather have light rainy nights though than the dark dismal days of winter when it gets dark at 3.30pm and doesn’t get light until nearly 8.30am! I never understand people who want to live life under duvets in darkness...

IdClimbHimLikeATree Sat 01-Jun-19 22:51:34

Yes! I am here for the summer hate! I hate it! I hate the heat, any longer than five minutes in it and I get a headache, I hate the flies, I hate the fact I can't sleep, people are sweaty and stinky, I look shit in summer clothes, I don't want to see gnarly man feet in pool sliders/flip flops/crocs, and I don't want to see pictures of hairy husbands in blow up hot tubs of chlamydia soup drinking cheap Prosecco! Pleeeeeease don't let there be a three month heatwave! angry <- not just angry, bloody hot too!

RoryGillmoresEvilTwin Sat 01-Jun-19 22:51:58

It has been roasting where I live. I hate it with every fibre of my being.
Much prefer autumn and winter.

ExpletiveDelighted Sat 01-Jun-19 22:53:36

Checking in, horribly humid and too hot here today, I so do not want a repeat of last summer.

SoupDragon Sat 01-Jun-19 22:54:05

Roll on autumn and crisp sunny days and frost and apples and brightly coloured leaves

Shitty dampness and grey miserableness you mean? You've had your 9 months of miserable weather, time to let others have their 3 months of potential sun.

Rockbird Sat 01-Jun-19 22:56:11

Move up. I've brought iced drinks, lots of fans and dark curtains. I've also put a picture of snow as my phone background to kid myself into thinking this hell is over already. Come on autumn!

IdaDown Sat 01-Jun-19 22:58:14

I love my north facing garden.

MagicKeysToAsda Sat 01-Jun-19 23:00:04

Signing in. 26 here today. Urgh.

I was reading about white painted roofs that reflect the heat away and drop the interior temperature by a significant amount. I'm already pretty pale...do you think it would work if I dipped myself in emulsion? gringrin

Hotterthanahotthing Sat 01-Jun-19 23:03:51

Where does everyone live?We had a bit of sun this afternoon but the it didn't get that hot and there was a breeze.Clouded this evening and forecast for rain tomorrow.
I'm in the west midlands.

OldAndWornOut Sat 01-Jun-19 23:06:03

I hate it too.
Today was pushing the limits of acceptability, and last year was horrific; it's so stifling and unpleasant.

littlepooch Sat 01-Jun-19 23:06:40

Room for one more?

I hate not being able to sleep, the kids getting grumpy late afternoon. Worrying that their rooms are too hot. Sticky sunscreen bleugh. Having to buy them clothes that they won't wear for very long. But the worst is sleep. I love my sleep. I love cosying up under a duvet in a warm pair of pyjamas.

Most of all I hate summer clothes. I've lots loads of weight this year and thought I might like them but nope, still look crap and unflattering and my thighs still rub.

I feel pressure to take the kids to the beach or water type attractions and I hate both 😂

I don't like white wine or rose.

Bring on autumn. Crisp cold mornings, the prospect of Halloween and Christmas on the horizon, strictly, warming winter dinners like chicken pie and mashed potatoes. Red wine, mince pies. Oh and beautifully cut coats and boots and scarves.

littlepooch Sat 01-Jun-19 23:07:44

I should add, my kids LOVE it. They love being out all day, wearing summer dresses and sandals,picnics and paddling pools. So for that reason and because I don't want to be a miserable Scrooge I have to pretend I love it too.

Baloonphobia Sat 01-Jun-19 23:11:28

In the shop today people were saying that they hoped this summer would be like last one. I was secretly saying 'Hell no!. Hosepipe ban, no grass growing (I've got horses), 24 degrees in the bloody house. No fucking thanks.

ThereWillBeAdequateFood Sat 01-Jun-19 23:12:47

Someone I work with was talking about a three month heatwave

Nooooooo I can’t cope with another summer like last years. I feel freaked out when we have a prolonged dry spell

PickAChew Sat 01-Jun-19 23:13:04

Not here. Pissed down most of the day and I kept me coat on.

On cue, on the first of June, the resident (next door, but makes no difference) house sparrows are shouting all day, though.

TapasForTwo Sat 01-Jun-19 23:13:44

16, cool and cloudy today. Please send the warmth North.

PickAChew Sat 01-Jun-19 23:15:00

26C can stay fucked off, mind.

RosaWaiting Sat 01-Jun-19 23:15:21

hi Sapphire

I was on the threads last year - horrendously hot flat.

staying at mum's tonight, shudder to think what temp the flat is.

that said, I did actually think today was hotter than forecast...either that or I'm getting more intolerant of heat.

I'm really hoping there won't be a repeat of last summer, but that started quite early didn't it. Half the problem was the longest of days, there was full sun hitting the glass on the flat.

I am so looking forward to moving one day!

This thread is not accepting new messages.