My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Feminism: Sex & gender discussions

All the bad things JKR has done. A history.

532 replies

WandaWomblesaurus73 · 05/01/2022 21:08

I think this is a good time to go over all the bad things JKR has done (as started on the did he or didn't he Jon Stewart thread)

Earlier, I went into the bathroom and I noticed JK Rowling had moved the cat litter tray so I stood in a little bit of cat poop.

OP posts:
CiaoForDiNiaoSaur · 01/10/2023 23:03

Stephannee · 01/10/2023 22:41

Well she does seem to ask about once a month for proof of her homophobia+transphobia, so technically pinknews are just reply to her requests.

Surely if she asks once a month they only need to "reply" once a month?

My feet are itchy, and as I've got my Marauders Map bedding on the bed I'm blaming JKR.

Waitwhat23 · 01/10/2023 23:06
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Riiiight.....

For anyone who hasn't seen it - https://www.jkrowling.com/opinions/j-k-rowling-writes-about-her-reasons-for-speaking-out-on-sex-and-gender-issues/

(Edited to add that this wasn't directed at you Ciao!)

IcakethereforeIam · 01/10/2023 23:07

Someone's offered a million quid for proof of JKR's transphobia and i could really use the cash. I keep looking but I can't find it, not even in pink news.

miri1985 · 02/10/2023 03:40

Anyone else whos finished The Running Grave will know that my anger with JKR is justified for that cliff hanger

CraggyIslandTouristBoard · 02/10/2023 07:50

IcakethereforeIam · 01/10/2023 23:07

Someone's offered a million quid for proof of JKR's transphobia and i could really use the cash. I keep looking but I can't find it, not even in pink news.

Only JKR could be explicitly transphobic and genocidal in everything she says and does and writes but then hide and obfuscate it all when a substantial cash reward is on offer!!!

I suspect she’s jamming out brain waves or giving us visual disturbances or something, no doubt plotting to seize the reward for herself what with her being short a bob or two.

Unbelievable.

NitroNine · 02/10/2023 10:59

JKRowling just made me buy a Gryffindor Squishmallow. At wandpoint, I tell you.

Bornin1989 · 02/10/2023 11:46

I'm supposed to be working and, just by existing, JKR made me read through this thread for the last 30 minutes. Cow!

Also those Squishmallows are incredibly cute and now I want one. Damn you JKR!

NitroNine · 02/10/2023 21:49

@Bornin1989
If you end up with one of the HP Squishmallows we will all know who to blame. (JKR. Not me. I am an innocent party. Yes.)

CiaoForDiNiaoSaur · 02/10/2023 22:30

Bloody hell JKR. Now I want a squishmallow. Ffs

IcakethereforeIam · 02/10/2023 22:41

What's the badger one? I want to say Huffle...puff? I blame @NitroNine but mostly JKR, she started it!

CiaoForDiNiaoSaur · 02/10/2023 23:01

The badger is Hufflepuff. The best house.

IcakethereforeIam · 02/10/2023 23:11
angry fist shake GIF

I agree, it's my birthday soon. It looks like I'm getting one. Curse you JKR

NitroNine · 03/10/2023 13:56

@IcakethereforeIam - JKR definitely started it. She has the notes, drafts, & literal proof[s] 😁
As for the name of the House with the Badger as its emblem, that depends on where in the world you are. The Romanian “Astropuf” makes me imagine little space!badgers - & the Welsh Wfftiwff is fab too.

NitroNine · 10/10/2023 14:58

Did JKR force anyone else to buy the Wizarding Almanac? Admittedly it was cheaper from Bloomsbury than Amazon & I got a wee notebook of useful size with it, but she needs to stop spending all my disposable income.

Mine arrived just now (I was perched on the stairs waiting for the DPD Driver like some kind of bibliophilic bird of prey, ready to swoop) & it is glorious. I still want her to write Hogwarts, A History though…

ISpyCobraKai · 10/10/2023 17:46

She forced me to buy this hoody.
What a cow.

ISpyCobraKai · 10/10/2023 17:48

This!

Waitwhat23 · 10/10/2023 17:54

NitroNine · 10/10/2023 14:58

Did JKR force anyone else to buy the Wizarding Almanac? Admittedly it was cheaper from Bloomsbury than Amazon & I got a wee notebook of useful size with it, but she needs to stop spending all my disposable income.

Mine arrived just now (I was perched on the stairs waiting for the DPD Driver like some kind of bibliophilic bird of prey, ready to swoop) & it is glorious. I still want her to write Hogwarts, A History though…

Ooh, Hogwarts: A History would be glorious!

I am very tickled by your use of the phrase 'bibliophilic bird of prey'

NitroNine · 10/10/2023 19:22

@ISpyCobraKai she is shameless, but at least she has good taste… & you will be nice & warm 😁

@Waitwhat23 I felt the adjective provided the necessary emphasis 😊
You know, I’d even take one for the team & write a draft of HAH if JKR would just let me borrow her notes 🤷‍♀️

WickedSerious · 10/10/2023 20:19

Stephannee · 01/10/2023 20:55

For context, the man she is "guffawing" at is gay.

It's okay to guffaw at people who talk shite.

BrontëParsonage · 10/10/2023 20:25

No, but she forced me - a skint single mother - to buy a wand each for my two daughters on our once-in-a-lifetime visit to the Harry Potter Studios Tour. (I am bringing them up to be feisty feminists who value the rights of human females). Our wands will make our Halloween Trick or Treating and we can live on beans and toasts for a fortnight. Honestly, the Harry Potter Studios Tour is the best thing we have ever done as a family; it was AMAZING. Just to add, my DD1 is blind and she got as much enjoyment out of our visit as her fully sighted sibling.

Acornsoup · 10/10/2023 20:26

Dobby 😭

Cismyfatarse · 10/10/2023 21:09

Caring about cancelled creatives. How dare she.

x.com/jk_rowling/status/1711763409253871676?s=20

NitroNine · 10/10/2023 21:32

@BrontëParsonage
I’m still longing to go (& I live in London…) & that level of accessibility is an exceptional recommendation in & of itself. Have a fantastic time trick or treating 😁

@Acornsoup
Hedwig 💔
And making me pretend everything was fine after she Avada Kedavra-d Dumbledore off the Astronomy Tower when I was away with half a dozen friends all reading the newly-published HBP but much the fastest reader.

Acornsoup · 10/10/2023 21:42

BrontëParsonage · 10/10/2023 20:25

No, but she forced me - a skint single mother - to buy a wand each for my two daughters on our once-in-a-lifetime visit to the Harry Potter Studios Tour. (I am bringing them up to be feisty feminists who value the rights of human females). Our wands will make our Halloween Trick or Treating and we can live on beans and toasts for a fortnight. Honestly, the Harry Potter Studios Tour is the best thing we have ever done as a family; it was AMAZING. Just to add, my DD1 is blind and she got as much enjoyment out of our visit as her fully sighted sibling.

😍

EmmatheStageRat · 10/10/2023 22:24

NitroNine · 10/10/2023 21:32

@BrontëParsonage
I’m still longing to go (& I live in London…) & that level of accessibility is an exceptional recommendation in & of itself. Have a fantastic time trick or treating 😁

@Acornsoup
Hedwig 💔
And making me pretend everything was fine after she Avada Kedavra-d Dumbledore off the Astronomy Tower when I was away with half a dozen friends all reading the newly-published HBP but much the fastest reader.

@NitroNine honestly, the accessibility was second-to-none. We went in a group for blind and partially-sighted children (my DD1 is blind). We were fast-tracked through every queue and we got amazing hands-on opportunities. The staff at the Harry Potter Studios Tour were among THE most educated and tolerant with regards to visual impairments we have ever encountered. My VI child and my non-VI child both had a blast. My non-VI child does probably still have a grudge with JKR because it was no doubt HER fault that, while we were relaxing on the animated Hogwarts Express, a Death Eater appeared at the window. Honestly, JKR, much as I champion you, I’m an exhausted single mum and now I have my perpetually terrified child who refuses to sleep in her own bed. I will gladly swap you gangly seven-year-old elbows, knees and ankles for a down mattress and accompanying pillows!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.