Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

THIS IS US S6 - last ever episodes 16.17.18 - blondes sits sobbing 必必必

Blondeshavemorefun · 08/05/2022 07:34

Last thread only had few messages to go so made a new one all ready for the last ever 3 Episodes 必必必

OP's posts:
Please
or

OutlookStalking · 08/05/2022 08:09

Posting in anticipation. I've never been as invested in a series as this before! I can't imagine not having TIU to look forwards to...

Please
or

TheGlitterati · 08/05/2022 09:16

Please
or

Shmithecat2 · 08/05/2022 09:20

Thanks

Please
or

Netaporter · 08/05/2022 10:49

Thanks for the new thread @Blondeshavemorefun

i was thinking about the cost of the shooting of the series. If the writer always knew how it would end, I wonder why they didnt shoot the same timeline scenes together to provide greater continuity? Im thinking of the last ep when they big three catch Rebecca and Miguel kissing at the cabin. Maybe Ive too much time on my hands this morning

Please
or

Figgygal · 08/05/2022 10:50

Cant believe there's only 3 left

Please
or

Aboutcoffee · 08/05/2022 10:54

Thanks for the new thread!

I'm really spending too much time trying to figure out some of the timeline. Watched the Miguel episode again.

One thing that was never explained was how Jacks dad went from a seemingly normal dad (taking Jack to see Nicky when he was born) to been a total asshole?

Feeling slightly less invested now for the last 3 episodes as it is all moving fast. Is there anything left to learn? Maybe how Kevin got his Oscar!

Please
or

Yellowbird54321 · 08/05/2022 11:07

Have just found this thread! I have watched This Is Us from when it first started and have never known anyone else who watches it! Can't believe it's now so close to ending after all this time, it's been pretty epic really and I fell in love with Randall quite some time ago
Have just cried through the Miguel episode, aw wasn't he just lovely

Please
or

SickAndTiredAgain · 08/05/2022 11:12

One thing that was never explained was how Jacks dad went from a seemingly normal dad (taking Jack to see Nicky when he was born) to been a total asshole?

That's true, and I doubt they'll go back to that now.

If I remember rightly, he didn't drink before Nicky was born, but his father offered him some and then obviously down the line he becomes an alcoholic.

Also, and I guess I only think this because the show likes to draw parallels between the generations, would the Korean War have happened shortly after Nicky's birth? Maybe he fought in it? Obviously Nicky came back from Vietnam completely ruined and also an addict, it would be quite a TiU thing to do to have the father similarly affected by a war. But as I said, I don't think they'll go back to it now.

I can't remember, what did Jack tell his parents about Nicky after Vietnam - did he tell them he died?

Please
or

Doubleraspberry · 08/05/2022 11:50

I think a major missing piece of the story has always been what Nickys parents thought/knew about him after the war. We have no idea. No mention of him at their mothers funeral for example. No way obviously he could be mentioned as it would have revealed his existence to Rebecca earlier than we know she found out. A plot hole.

From what I remember we are meant to think the change in Jacks father was entirely down to drink.

Please
or

Itjustgetsbetter · 08/05/2022 12:20

Miguels episode has been the best so far. Agree with people who say that squashing his whole life into one episode wasnt brilliant.

Bloody Saint Jack gets into every single persons relationship. Poor Miguel being compared to St Jack by his wife (Shelley?)

I think the big three are all quite selfish and whiny. Miguel is lovely. The way he cared for Rebecca was really touching.

Please
or

SickAndTiredAgain · 08/05/2022 12:22

Bloody Saint Jack gets into every single persons relationship.

I think I may have said this on a previous thread but I don't know how Beth bears it. She lost her father at basically the same time, she has a family, but every holiday is done The Pearson Way.

Please
or

coodawoodashooda · 08/05/2022 12:31

OutlookStalking

Posting in anticipation. I've never been as invested in a series as this before! I can't imagine not having TIU to look forwards to...

Me too.

Please
or

Blondeshavemorefun · 08/05/2022 12:40

Sure if jack didnt die eventually they would have split up

hes was a selfish git looking bacon

hes only st jack as dead

easy to put a dead person on a pedestal

OP's posts:
Please
or

Gaspingandleaping · 08/05/2022 12:57

On the last thread we were talking about the lovely song at the end (Billy Joel). The only reason I knew this because I use Shazam.

I have so many songs from This is Us - especially this series.

My favourite is 'nobody ever does' by arran George.

Can't even remember which series it was from!

Please
or

HerbErtlinger · 08/05/2022 13:15

Netaporter

Thanks for the new thread @Blondeshavemorefun

i was thinking about the cost of the shooting of the series. If the writer always knew how it would end, I wonder why they didnt shoot the same timeline scenes together to provide greater continuity? Im thinking of the last ep when they big three catch Rebecca and Miguel kissing at the cabin. Maybe Ive too much time on my hands this morning

I read somewhere that they did shoot some of the final series a year or so ago with some of the very young actors because of the changes in their appearance as they grew

Please
or

Netaporter · 08/05/2022 13:28

Judging by Mandy Moores latest IG post, we are going to be subjected to more St Jack shite. As long as there is plenty of adult Kevin to balance it out I shant be too upset

Please
or

diddl · 08/05/2022 14:12

Netaporter

Judging by Mandy Moores latest IG post, we are going to be subjected to more St Jack shite. As long as there is plenty of adult Kevin to balance it out I shant be too upset

Oh dear!

I just posted on the other thread that I was hoping to see no more of him!

Please
or

Aboutcoffee · 08/05/2022 14:44

Bloody Saint Jack gets into every single persons relationship.

True!

Jack is everywhere!! I got out of bed at midnight last night to come downstairs and double check the slow cooker was off because I was think about TIU Grin

Please
or

HerbErtlinger · 08/05/2022 17:31

I love Milo ventimiglia so I don't mind Jack stuff but my own Dad died when I was just 20 years old and although obviously, yes, desperately sad, it hasn't coloured my life the way it does the Big 3. I think about him now and then, my DS's middle name is his, I cried a few weeks ago after discovering a long lost card he wrote but beyond that, my life isn't dictated by my grief. And then I feel guilty when I watch the show that it hasn't if that makes sense?

Please
or

RoyKentsChestHair · 08/05/2022 17:33

Gaspingandleaping

On the last thread we were talking about the lovely song at the end (Billy Joel). The only reason I knew this because I use Shazam.

I have so many songs from This is Us - especially this series.

My favourite is 'nobody ever does' by arran George.

Can't even remember which series it was from!

Thanks for those - just added to my playlist! There are some beautiful songs throughout the series arent there. Will miss it when its all done. Ive rewatched previous series a couple of times so Im sure Ill do it all again at some point, but so much has changed lately that it feels different now, like the innocence of wondering what will happen is gone.

I know the writing was on the wall for Rebecca for a while now (since we first saw old Kevin ) but since KaToby split (unlike some of you I loved Toby!) it just all feels a lot more sad - maybe more like real life with the deaths and the divorces.

I dont care enough about the next generation to feel invested in them, and I loved St Jack no matter what you meanies say about him! (Reminded me of my dad I think )

Please
or

RoyKentsChestHair · 08/05/2022 17:36

HerbErtlinger

I love Milo ventimiglia so I don't mind Jack stuff but my own Dad died when I was just 20 years old and although obviously, yes, desperately sad, it hasn't coloured my life the way it does the Big 3. I think about him now and then, my DS's middle name is his, I cried a few weeks ago after discovering a long lost card he wrote but beyond that, my life isn't dictated by my grief. And then I feel guilty when I watch the show that it hasn't if that makes sense?

I know exactly what you mean here. Both my parents died a long while ago when my DCs were all small. It has coloured my life in a way, in that I feel very untethered like I dont have roots, and quite alone at times, but it doesnt actually come up in conversation as often as it does with them! I can go for months without talking of them, and weeks without even thinking of them. Makes me sad to say that, but life does go on.

Please
or

Doubleraspberry · 08/05/2022 17:54

Beth is way more normal about it all. I lost my mum in my teens - had some rocky years after that as you might expect with some disordered eating and unhelpful behaviour but I dont think anyone whos met me since my early twenties would have any idea unless the subject has come up directly. I also had a really bad relationship with my dad, which caused me a lot of pain through my twenties, and again, you really wouldnt know if you met me know, and why would you? The Big Three are horribly self indulgent and self obsessed.

Please
or

Pl242 · 08/05/2022 18:10

Marking my place

Please
or

EasterIssland · 08/05/2022 19:03

Place marking.

my favourite son is the one sang by jack (Kates son)
memorized. I love it and listen to it quite often

Please
or

AnnesBrokenSlate · 08/05/2022 19:28

Found you all! Thanks for the new thread.

I love Milo so don't mind seeing Jack but I do wish this entire season had been in the future with a few flashbacks rather than the other way round.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.