Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Style & Beauty

I rarely take my make up off

161 replies

Letsrunabath · 21/01/2023 16:21

Just that, I wear makeup most days but hardly ever cleanse it off, I do moisturise before reapplying in the morning.
Im told I’ve great skin with few wrinkles for my mid 50s,
any one else willing to admit to a slovenly life.

OP posts:
Please
or

InsertSomethingMotivationalHere · 21/01/2023 16:26

I'm the same. Sometimes Im really good in the evening, proper cleanse and mosturise, but too often I'm a slob and don't wash it off. Always have a good scrub, tone moisturise, prime etc in the morning though

Please
or

Hollyhead · 21/01/2023 16:27

Yeah same here, also have really good skin!

Please
or

Gymtok · 21/01/2023 16:28

Do your pillows not get really dirty every night?

Please
or

Yeahrightthen · 21/01/2023 16:29

Me! I rarely wash makeup off at night as I’m a lazy sloth and I just want to get into bed. I have good skin and never get spots.

Please
or

pocketvenuss · 21/01/2023 16:30

So you never wash your face?????? You just moisturise and reapply every day? Oh no, I can't cope

Please
or

Fiekcjdiwldnfjri · 21/01/2023 16:31

I must admit I’ve fallen into bad habits recently but in my defence I’m wearing a CC cream atm rather than a thick foundation. I hate it though and it plays on my mind that I haven’t done it Blush

Please
or

Girlintheframe · 21/01/2023 16:33

Does your reapplication go on ok? I'm thinking it's just light makeup as opposed to eyeshadow, powder, etc etc

I honestly couldn't bear to not cleanse off my makeup at night.

Please
or

OriGanOver · 21/01/2023 16:34

Since I started taking my make up off at night I've had spots. Never used to before.

Please
or

Letsrunabath · 21/01/2023 16:34

About the pillows, I love crisp white Egyptian cotton sheets and pillows and surprisingly they are not stained!! That even shocks me now it’s been mentioned.

OP posts:
Please
or

Letsrunabath · 21/01/2023 16:36

Girlintheframe · Today 16:33
Does your reapplication go on ok? I'm thinking it's just light makeup as opposed to eyeshadow, powder, etc etc

I honestly couldn't bear to not cleanse

no full face make up.

OP posts:
Please
or

Randobelia · 21/01/2023 16:37

Me 😬

Cleanser etc in the morning. Pretty sure it's all fallen off by bedtime anyway. I do remove my eye makeup but hate taking off my face makeup unless in the shower and I shower in the morning.

Please
or

PuppyMonkey · 21/01/2023 16:38

I presume you sometimes bathe or have a shower, so in a sense you sometimes DO wash it off. Confused

It's giving me a rash just thinking about not taking mine off tbh OP. Grin

Please
or

Polarbearyfairy · 21/01/2023 16:40

I am horrified as I would never go to bed with makeup on, but I'm equal measure I also totally love that you're completely disproving the theory that all our faces will disintegrate if we don't double cleanse. We are well trained by the beauty industry aren't we!

The fact your pillows are clean in the morning is worthy of a scientific study, my brain can't compute.

Please
or

vodkaredbullgirl · 21/01/2023 16:42

I don't wear make up, nor do I use any creams and my skin is good.

Please
or

KimmySchmitt · 21/01/2023 16:42

Yuk even at my laziest I'd run a face wipe over my face, rinse with water and moisturiser (don't use face wipes any more for environmental reasons). Presumably you at least wash your face in the morning? Otherwise it's less slovenly, more clatty.

Please
or

ChocChipOwl · 21/01/2023 16:42

Yuk. That just about sums it up really.

Please
or

Bookkeys · 21/01/2023 16:48

I wash my face every morning in the shower and then put makeup on. I don't wash it again until the next morning.

I had a really strict face routine before I had kids and always had really oily and spotty skin, no matter what cleansing products I used.

Since I've left my foundation on overnight I no longer have oily skin or spots, it's a bit weird but saves me time and energy I don't have

Please
or

AbsolutePixels · 21/01/2023 16:48

I usually manage to take my makeup off, but on the nights when I'm too exhausted to do my routine, my skin always looks better the next day. Why???

Please
or

toomuchscreentime · 21/01/2023 16:50

Presumably you are washing your face in the shower etc so it is being cleaned at some point?

More power to you, I can't stand the feeling of it on my face by early evening, let alone bedtime!

Please
or

CavalierApproach · 21/01/2023 16:52

Oh wow, thinking about this makes me sad.

I love cleansing my face at night. It feels so nice and it makes me happy. It’s like it unlocks that “and now you are done for the day” feeling 😍

Please
or

IDontWantToBeAPie · 21/01/2023 16:52

I couldn't do that tbh. It would really irritate my skin.

Don't see the point moisturising over makeup - it'll just trap dirt in.

Please
or

Tontostitis · 21/01/2023 17:03

Me too, nearly 60 and I have great skin I do have a monthly facial and I cleanse, tone/clarify and moisturise in the mornings. I usually take mascara off with ponds cold cream but rarely wash my face at night. I use serums on my chest as they are too rich for my face and have no wrinkles there at all. Personally I think it's down to regular yoga I do 20 to 30 minutes most days.

Please
or

watchfulwishes · 21/01/2023 17:06

I wash face in the morning, very rarely at night. Always done that. I don't wear much make-up though.

Please
or

kindhandsworking · 21/01/2023 17:08

I couldn't do it, wouldn't be able to relax until make up off and clean skin and again in the morning I'd still clean the natural oil from my skin before moisturising.

Please
or

Luredbyapomegranate · 21/01/2023 17:09

Me too. I wash it in the morning.

I have good skin.

Saying that on the rare occasions when I have got into the habit of taking it off at night in have excellent skin.

Please
or