Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

The Friendly Perfumistas Thread 33 - ☀️ Summer is here & we are all fragrantly fabulous

FestivelyScent · 23/07/2022 14:50

Hello fragrant friends,

This is edition 33 (!) of the long running perfumista threads.

Newbies most definitely welcome. Come and discuss your Scent Of The Day (SOTD), old favourites, new infatuations, the best dupes and scents of any price point. We are very friendly! 😊

OP's posts:
Please
or

Chevyimpala67 · 23/07/2022 15:11

Hi 👋

Please
or

GoofyJones · 23/07/2022 15:24

Hi everyone I commented on the old thread occasionally but now I'm back under a new name.

Just wanted to share with you in case it wasn't mentioned on the previous thread that jeanpaulgaultier.com are giving away a free tote bag with orders over a certain amount. I was going to buy scandal a Paris anyway but it makes sense to get it this way and get the tote bag... also I've ordered 4 x samples in a discovery box for an additional 12 pounds. And they are sending some other free samples. La belle and la belle intense.

Please
or

FestivelyScent · 23/07/2022 16:40

I can relate to stress-y relatives @Chevyimpala67 There are members of my family who are great in small doses, but I couldn't go on holiday (or stay anywhere) with them again. 😬

SOTD is Shazam.

OP's posts:
Please
or

PeloAddict · 23/07/2022 16:45

This was today's scent

The Friendly Perfumistas Thread 33 - ☀️ Summer is here & we are all fragrantly fabulous
Please
or

FestivelyScent · 23/07/2022 16:57

Haha, I love the bottle and box of the Samsung perfume @PeloAddict - it really does remind me of their washing machines. How quirky! 😁

OP's posts:
Please
or

DramaAlpaca · 23/07/2022 22:05

Thanks for the new thread @FestivelyScent. A nice short one I can actually post on!! My tablet wouldn't even let me see the end of the last thread.

SOTD Fluffy Lemon Top.

Please
or

Chevyimpala67 · 23/07/2022 22:26

Sote kayali vanilla 😋

Please
or

FestivelyScent · 23/07/2022 23:26

This is the first thread I have ever started on mumsnet, for some reason I was quite irrationally worried something bad would happen when I pressed post. Glad to see no demons have appeared. 😈

SOTN is Angel's Share, something cinnamon-y because I am watching the Christmas in July shows on QVC (Yes, I know... I don't watch QVC at any other time of year bar Christmas - I secretly love looking at the snazzy Xmas decs Blush) .

OP's posts:
Please
or

DramaAlpaca · 23/07/2022 23:32

It's scary starting a thread isn't it? Thankfully no demons to be seen, just your fellow friendly perfumistas Smile

SOTM 4160's Ealing Green.

Please
or

FestivelyScent · 23/07/2022 23:34

Although, I think snazzy is probably the wrong word - kitschy and glitzy might sum them up better. I still smile when I see the twinkly trees and glittery baubles though. Okay, back to perfume... 😁

OP's posts:
Please
or

FestivelyScent · 23/07/2022 23:35

It is! @DramaAlpaca Glad I'm not alone.😊

OP's posts:
Please
or

Judystilldreamsofhorses · 24/07/2022 00:26

Hello, just marking my place. Thanks for the new thread!

Please
or

ThreeImaginaryBoys · 24/07/2022 00:43

Perfume-loving newbie here!
SOTD is 302 by Bob Parfumeur. Got a sample yesterday and it reminds me so much of original Obsession, the scent of my teens :)

Please
or

Chevyimpala67 · 24/07/2022 08:25

ThreeImaginaryBoys · 24/07/2022 00:43

Perfume-loving newbie here!
SOTD is 302 by Bob Parfumeur. Got a sample yesterday and it reminds me so much of original Obsession, the scent of my teens :)

Welcome 👋
Hmm....vintage obsession you say?
(Runs to google)

Please
or

mobear · 24/07/2022 08:46

I’ve been skipping between Diptyque Ilio and Diptyque Eau Moheli. I really liked Eau Moheli but it’s been somewhat outshone by Ilio.

I want to buy Jo Malone Basil & Mandarin.

Please
or

ThreeImaginaryBoys · 24/07/2022 09:09

@Chevyimpala67 Just spotted my typo! It's Bon not Bob.

It's got that lovely slightly sweet spiciness of vintage Obsession that is completely missing in the new and weirdly powdery version.

I wore it last night and it was comfortingly nostalgic! I love it.

Please
or

Chevyimpala67 · 24/07/2022 10:01

ThreeImaginaryBoys · 24/07/2022 09:09

@Chevyimpala67 Just spotted my typo! It's Bon not Bob.

It's got that lovely slightly sweet spiciness of vintage Obsession that is completely missing in the new and weirdly powdery version.

I wore it last night and it was comfortingly nostalgic! I love it.

🙂 yes I thought so

I've ordered a 15ml! I'll let you know what I think once I've tried it.

Please
or

Chevyimpala67 · 24/07/2022 10:58

I'm going to a 6 year olds birthday party later 😵‍💫
I shall wear avon lbd the dress as its supposed to be 26 degrees 😵‍💫

Please
or

Beetlewings · 24/07/2022 11:01

Hello, does anyone have any recommendations for a real orange scent? I have bought countless orange blossom, and 'zingy fresh' citrus scents but I am looking for a scent that just smells like sniffing actual oranges

Please
or

Chevyimpala67 · 24/07/2022 11:09

Beetlewings · 24/07/2022 11:01

Hello, does anyone have any recommendations for a real orange scent? I have bought countless orange blossom, and 'zingy fresh' citrus scents but I am looking for a scent that just smells like sniffing actual oranges

4160tuesdays the orange tree
S&B blood orange

Please
or

FestivelyScent · 24/07/2022 12:13

@Beetlewings If you're in the UK, in M&S you can find Monotheme scents. I'm sure their Book of Citrus range has an orange - y perfume, just look for the orange bottles. They are all beautifully citrus-y, but like most citrus fragrances won't last too long, as citrus oils are quite volatile and evaporate quickly.

Though I've not smelled it myself, I've heard good things about Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine - it's supposed to smell like a really juicy orange. I think you can smell this in John Lewis.

Also, try searching on fragrantica to read reviews for any fragrance. 😊

OP's posts:
Please
or

Mrcpy · 24/07/2022 12:44

SOTD Chanel Chance

i want to try some citrus scents

Please
or

FestivelyScent · 24/07/2022 12:56

Ooh, forgot to add, the Monotheme Citrus scents are quite bargainous, at around £18-22 for 100 ml.

Good luck with the 6 year olds @Chevyimpala67 😁

I've just checked and it's going to be 26° here too!!

SOTD will be Lavender Cologne, I think.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Chevyimpala67 · 24/07/2022 12:58

FestivelyScent · 24/07/2022 12:56

Ooh, forgot to add, the Monotheme Citrus scents are quite bargainous, at around £18-22 for 100 ml.

Good luck with the 6 year olds @Chevyimpala67 😁

I've just checked and it's going to be 26° here too!!

SOTD will be Lavender Cologne, I think.

How do you do the degrees icon @FestivelyScent

Please
or

FestivelyScent · 24/07/2022 13:09

Ooh, also forgot to add - welcome to all our new perfumistas! 👋😊

It's on my Microsoft SwiftKey keyboard @Chevyimpala67 - I only found it by accident. 😊 I have to press the symbols button when the keyboard is in numbers view.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.