Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

July 2023 (Thread 2)!

444 replies

RandomCatGenerator · 07/01/2023 10:53

Creating a new thread as we’re about to finish the first - just as we finish our first trimesters!

OP posts:
Please
or

Getinajollymood · 07/01/2023 10:58

Not really been keeping up with the pregnancy threads very well - due 22nd. 12 week scan Tuesday.

Please
or

ThePodParent · 07/01/2023 12:19

Hello! Jumping on this one too - thanks for starting our new thread @RandomCatGenerator.

I had my 12 week scan on Weds and all was well! Super wiggly little bubba in there - he/she was doing full on flips at one point and we got to watch him/her drink some amniotic fluid too which was cool.

Just waiting until our 3 day ‘you’ll be called if you’re high risk’ window is over before we tell a wider group of people. My NT was lower this time than with DD so that seems positive and both the sonographer and the person taking my blood said that, whilst obviously there’s a chance that my blood sample could show something, none of my other results/info suggests that anything would be wrong. So 🤞🏼. So excited to be able to tell people soon! 🤩 This trimester has been a slog!

Please
or

SkyBlue20 · 07/01/2023 13:52

Place marking! Not been around much but have been reading. Got my 12 week scan on Wednesday (at exactly 12 weeks). Was super ill from Boxing Day, to the point where I couldn’t eat, drink or get out of bed. Now on Cyclizine and feeling human again! Tried not taking one this morning to see how I got on and gave in after a couple of hours and took one as the nausea was real! Reassuring though as I’d been worrying I was going to have another MMC as I felt symptoms had disappeared and I’m having some brown spotting. So, fingers crossed for Wednesday! Hoping it’ll all start to feel more real once that’s out of the way 🤞🏼
Anyone else eating enough to feed the 5,000?! I’m a bottomless pit!! And none of it healthy as I still can’t really face anything except carbs and crisps! 🙈

Please
or

Hippomumma · 07/01/2023 18:01

Thanks for the new thread @RandomCatGenerator

I’m 13 weeks today and was starting to feel much more like myself but appear to have succumbed to the dreaded lurgy going around. I thought we’d managed to avoid it! Oh well.

Had our 12 week scan the other day though and baby was super active which is lovely to see. I’ve booked a private gender scan for 16 weeks so super excited for that!!

Please
or

candycrush789 · 07/01/2023 18:21

Hi marking my place! Lovely scans ladies 😍 I’ve got mine on Thursday I’ll be 13+3. A bit apprehensive but trying to think positive! Does anyone know when the 2nd tri starts? I’m 13 weeks Monday I don’t know if it’s the beginning of the 13th week or the end of the 13th week! Confused mama here even though I’ve done it twice before 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

Please
or

squirrelnutkins1 · 07/01/2023 19:57

candycrush789 · 07/01/2023 18:21

Hi marking my place! Lovely scans ladies 😍 I’ve got mine on Thursday I’ll be 13+3. A bit apprehensive but trying to think positive! Does anyone know when the 2nd tri starts? I’m 13 weeks Monday I don’t know if it’s the beginning of the 13th week or the end of the 13th week! Confused mama here even though I’ve done it twice before 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

I've wondered the same!!

Please
or

squirrelnutkins1 · 07/01/2023 19:59

Yep I'm still eating for a million! Thankfully I can stomach some fruit now rather than just beige stuff!
Stuff suffering with nausea. I did until 19 weeks last time so fully expecting another 6 or so weeks of this.
I've booked a gender scan in 3 weeks, eek!

Please
or

Rutennotou · 08/01/2023 01:04

Hi ladies, just checking in!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well, morning sickness aside 😁. I've had the tiniest bits of brown spotting here and there but I was the exact same with my DD who is 20 months so not letting it worry me...think it lasted until 18 weeks with her.

Almost at the 15 week mark now, morning sickness coming and going. Gone off a lot of foods I normally eat so I'm just finding myself grazing like I'm a cow 😂. We have booked a private gender scan for the 21st when I'll be almost 17 weeks - it's also the day after my birthday so will be off out for dinner afterwards. Hopefully I can look at it haha.

Please
or

99pctpractice · 08/01/2023 09:28

Hello! Can't believe how much we have all progressed....nearly out of the first trimester! Lots of gorgeous scan pics. I have my hospital scan on Tues (13wks 1 day) and will ask them when the first trimester officially ends!!

I had felt a lot less sick since 9 weeks but have felt horrible the last couple of days and last time felt rubbish until 16 weeks so preparing myself for a second wave of nausea...

Please
or

septembersapphire7 · 08/01/2023 12:41

Thank you for the new thread!
i believe second trimester starts at beginning of 14th week (so 13 complete weeks each trimester takes to 39 weeks of gestation?).

I’m thinking of booking a gender scan too.. possibly in early feb when I’ll be 17weeks. Wasn’t too fussed but any excuse to see the little one again. It’s getting a bit more real now isn’t it?

Please
or

What2do22 · 08/01/2023 13:55

Hey, can I hop on? I’m due 20/07 ☀️, got my 12 week scan tomorrow and feeling super anxious! I had scans at 6 weeks (nhs) and 10 weeks (private) and both were good but always feel nervous having another one 😬. Some of my symptoms have eased too, but I am 12 weeks 3 days so guess that isn’t super uncommon

Please
or

habiller · 08/01/2023 19:27

May I join you all?

I'm 14weeks tomorrow so just entering the second trimester, and it's not been an easy ride this far.

IVF ICSI pregnancy, originally two embryos however I found out at my 12 week scan (that actually took place 4 days ago) that one of the twins had been lost. Very sad as we saw the heartbeats at 6+1 and both were of equal size.

Remaining baby looked good but was in the wrong position so had to go back the next morning for another scan to get the nuchal measurement, which was fine.

I've had a call from the midwife to say I'm in the intermediate risk category due to age so I'm being sent for another blood test. She did say that my numbers were generally good though and she wasn't very worried (baby measured perfectly on the scan).

Anyone else find themselves just full of anxiety all the time? I think mines been piqued by my vanishing twin syndrome experience but I'm just on tenterhooks for something to go wrong at any time. The IVF process doesn't help with that.

Also, think I have the beginnings of a bartholin's cyst making itself known, deep joy!

Please
or

Getinajollymood · 08/01/2023 19:54

@habiller I’m so sorry for your loss Flowers that must have been incredibly hard.

I am 42, and also anxious. I’m worried about birth defects and I have the harmony test on Thursday which I hope will bring positive news. I’m also very, very tired at the moment and everything indicates I should be feeling better now (12 + 1) but I’m more tired than I was at 6/7/8 weeks!

Please
or

RandomCatGenerator · 08/01/2023 20:51

@habiller welcome! And I am so sorry for your loss. That sounds incredibly traumatic. All the very best for the rest of your pregnancy Flowers

Yes, I do feel anxious a lot of the time. I had a very early miscarriage late last summer and although it is very different this time - at 12 weeks now, all seeming well - I do still find myself anxious. I was the same in my last pregnancy, I think until I heard DS cry I wasn’t sure it would all work out. You’re not alone in feeling this way ❤️

OP posts:
Please
or

rach971 · 08/01/2023 21:53

Thank you for the thread ☺️

I'm 11+2 at the moment. Got my dating scan on Wednesday. Super apprehensive after a missed miscarriage in August. Had two scans so far in this pregnancy, one at 6+6 and one at 8+6 and all looked fine. I only made it to 7 weeks last time, so everything being okay at 8+6 was reassuring, but I can't help panic about getting bad news on Wednesday 😫 I can remember getting the bad news last time and the closer it gets to scan day, the more it's playing around in my mind.

Not got many symptoms. Just bloating and needing to wee more often really.

Please
or

SkyBlue20 · 08/01/2023 23:26

@rach971 I’m in a very similar boat - I’m 11+4 and have my dating scan on Wednesday. I had a MMC in 2020 (and have since had a daughter), so fully understand what you’re going through. I hate scans. My pregnancy with my daughter was SO anxiety ridden as it was quite soon after the MMC, but all turned out perfectly in the end. All that to say, I’m also super nervous for my scan on Wednesday (I don’t think that experience ever leaves you) and sending a huge hand hold - we can do this! 💪🏼

Please
or

Cxexh · 08/01/2023 23:34

Hi all!

Can I hop on too? New to mumsnet and a 24yo FTM, currently 12+4.

12 week scan tomorrow and ridiculously nervous due to a MMC in 2021. Anyone have any tips on feeling less anxious?

Please
or

Writerscompanion · 09/01/2023 00:58

Thanks for the new thread! I also have my NT scan on Tuesday, which will be exactly twelve weeks. Trying to just think positive thoughts. Morning sickness is on and off, today has been a really bad day again. I'm back at work tomorrow so can't really imagine making it through the working day if it was like today! Hoping doctor will re-prescribe me the Cyclizine as it's run out but they want me to have an appointment every time (which they can't fit me in for).

Please
or

Nadinya · 09/01/2023 07:47

Thanks for the new thread!

I'm now at 15w6d with dcda twins and woke up last night with some spotting. Completly terrified now. Did call the hospital and they told me to just take it easy and go in if the bleeding gets worse which helped a little bit to calm down.

Please
or

JosieB68 · 09/01/2023 08:06

Hello everyone.
I'm 11 weeks and 3 days. Had a private scan at 8+4 just for reassurance as this is my first pregnancy and all was good. 12 week NHS scan is a week today.
I've had terrible sickness but with medication is better controlled.
All the best to everyone.

Please
or

Amyp1234 · 09/01/2023 08:25

13 weeks and 2 days - due 15th July.
Had a bad start to second trimester. Woke up Sunday morning to a bright red bleed. Had a scan at EPU and baby was fine. Only seem to have a big bleed first thing on a morning as I've had same again today. Anybody experienced anything similar?

Please
or

rach971 · 09/01/2023 09:46

SkyBlue20 · 08/01/2023 23:26

@rach971 I’m in a very similar boat - I’m 11+4 and have my dating scan on Wednesday. I had a MMC in 2020 (and have since had a daughter), so fully understand what you’re going through. I hate scans. My pregnancy with my daughter was SO anxiety ridden as it was quite soon after the MMC, but all turned out perfectly in the end. All that to say, I’m also super nervous for my scan on Wednesday (I don’t think that experience ever leaves you) and sending a huge hand hold - we can do this! 💪🏼

Thank you ♥️
I think not having many symptoms is worrying but then I didn't have many with my daughter either and that pregnancy went fine.

Was also supposed to have my scan today but partner is at a funeral so we had to re-schedule it. Keep thinking how long the two day wait seems. It's at 4:20pm as well so not even in the morning 🙈

Please
or

habiller · 09/01/2023 10:04

Ah that's late @rach971 - mine was supposed to be 3.30 but we ended up having to wait until 5pm. It was agonising, but worth it to see the baby :)

I have an endo appointment today at 4pm so I'll be thinking of you!

Please
or

babybrainfart · 09/01/2023 10:45

Thanks for starting a new thread. 13 weeks and 1 day I believe and i'll be having my NHS scan tomorrow. I have a feeling my due date will probably move forward again, but we'll see. Do I need to bring my green book? My midwife still hasn't given it to me.

Please
or

pizzawinecake · 09/01/2023 11:15

13w4d here.

Anyone else feeling that time is really dragging? Trying to remain grateful but really looking forward to being 16+ weeks with a bump so I look and feel pregnant (I've had v few symptoms so far so have never 'felt' pregnant). Also had a couple of mcs before so waiting til maybe 15 weeks to tell more people as I'm just really nervous to still.

Please
or