Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Can we make a Les Mills on demand thread?

Upsidedownrightnow · 05/06/2020 14:54

I'm just wondering if others are using Les Mills on demand and if we could maybe check in with each other to discuss what we are doing and what our goals are etc?

I am trying to loose 1 stone and doing 5:2 but i eat too much on my non-fasting days so I don't really loose any weight, so I'm adding exercise in the hope of shifting some weight Smile

So far I have done bodycombat 3 times this week for about half an hour each and some weights and flexibility training, but I think from next week I will be adding in bodypump

Is anyone else using this? I am really enjoying it so far Smile

OP's posts:
Please
or

Letsnotargue · 05/06/2020 15:04

I’ve just signed up, mainly for bodypump. I usually do it at the gym but have done nothing for 9 weeks!

My goal is just to do the classes regularly, I’m eating well so want to see what 4 weeks will do before I’m due to finish furlough.

Is body combat hard to follow? I’m tempted to try it now as it’ll be less embarrassing to cock it up in my garden than in front of a class of people. I’m also sort of tempted by body attack but am not sure that’s my kind of thing.

Please
or

Upsidedownrightnow · 05/06/2020 15:47

Well done on your eating well Smile food is the main issue for me.

I used to love bodybump years ago so I deffo want to try it again.

So they have instruction videos to teach you all the moves (i think under getting started) but i thought it was abit long to watch and I actually just wanted to work out so jumped in at the deep end. But they are pretty good at explaining the moves anyway during the workout.

I found it easy enough to follow and I love that they do different routines which last for like 3-6mins each one so it keeps changing and keeps it interesting, I don't normally like cardio and get bored easily but I'm really enjoying these workouts.

What is body attack like? I'm thinking of trying that one next :)

OP's posts:
Please
or

nbee84 · 05/06/2020 15:54

I'm loving LMoD ❤ I started using it once the gyms closed and did wonder if I would have the motivation to work out at home and the online classes are great. I really listen to the instructors to make sure my form is good and they say some really uplifting stuff that keeps you going. I love that I can rock up to class in my scruffs without brushing my hair 😁 Nobody is there to witness me cocking it up Grin and I can pause between tracks if I need an extra few seconds to get my breath back or change my weights.
I'm doing a real mix of things from combat to pump and even some grit. I've just added in step after I finally managed to get a decent size one from Amazon and I'm finding it fun.

Please
or

nbee84 · 05/06/2020 15:56

Body attack is like 80's aerobics on steroids! Grin You can take the intensity down by modifying and keeping it low impact, they show you the options.

Please
or

HunterHearstHelmsley · 05/06/2020 16:00

Body Attack is brilliant. I've done it for years now.

I've been doing Attack, Combat, Pump and Step Athletic regularly. Trying to get back into Grit but my kitchen doesn't really work for Plyo or Athletic and they're my favourites.

Some of the hybrid ones are good. I've been doing the heart health ones.

I've got some (very) old Attack and Pump DVDs too so throwing one of them in every now and then.

I don't think I would have coped with lockdown without LMOD. Making myself have a rest this weekend though.

Please
or

thisusernameismine · 05/06/2020 16:04

I've been using them since my little one was born as had to readjust to home workouts then! Grit strength is my absolute go-to. Amazing workouts in under 30 mins.

Try Grit strength 25, 26, 27, 29, 30 and now 31. Bloody brilliant!

Please
or

TawnyPippit · 05/06/2020 16:11

I’m another fan. I do pump and balance at the gym, so signed up for LMOD when lockdown started. I’ve done a fair amount of both (I don’t have a bar, just various hand weights and that seems to work fine for pump). Also, DH and DS got a spin bike just before lockdown which normally I wouldn’t touch with a barge pole, but I’ve been doing Trip on it, which is really good - really recommend it if you have a bike and haven’t tried it.

Really good value as well - think it works out at a tenner a month, and DH and I are both using it several times a week.

Please
or

HunterHearstHelmsley · 05/06/2020 16:13

Is there a good balance release for a beginner? I want to start it but a bit nervous Hmm

Please
or

Blossom513 · 05/06/2020 16:23

Interesting thread. I've been tempted to try LMoD as years and years ago I used to love going to a body step class, but then I moved and I've never been able to find one close enough, many gyms seem to do their own step class but I specifically enjoyed the LM one. So I've been wondering if I should buy a step and do it at home.

Please
or

DDemelza · 05/06/2020 16:26

Attack and Combat are amazing for fitness

Please
or

HunterHearstHelmsley · 05/06/2020 16:36

@Blossom513 do it! I'd missed Body Step so much. I've loved being able to do it again. I'm thinking I might keep LMOD when my gym opens and use the studio to do Step a couple of times a week.

Please
or

Upsidedownrightnow · 05/06/2020 16:49

@nbee84 I'm also loving the fact that i can be a complete mess and still workout Grin I can wear the shortest shorts and let it all hangout while I jump around my livingroom Grin

What type of workout is grit?

OP's posts:
Please
or

HunterHearstHelmsley · 05/06/2020 16:50

Grit is a HIIT workout. There is plyo, strength and cardio workouts.

Please
or

Upsidedownrightnow · 05/06/2020 16:57

@HunterHearstHelmsley you sound like a pro at these exercises Smile
I also think the exercise is great for the mind in lockdown and makes me feel much better

@thisusernameismine - i like the sound of under 30mins workouts Grin are they real hardcore?

@Blossom513 I havn't done the step class as I don't have a step at home but i would say deffo go for it, they have a free trial on at the moment so you would just need to purchase a step and then try it out.
I think they are very motivating so i'm sure the step class will be the same :)

@HunterHearstHelmsley I am also thinking of keeping it going when the gym reopens as it will save travel time etc and if you only want to do half an hour instead of an hour like the gyms classes you can :)

OP's posts:
Please
or

Upsidedownrightnow · 05/06/2020 16:58

I think i need to give the grit workouts a go then too, now I am over my first week hopefully i will be good to go next week with GRIT :)

OP's posts:
Please
or

FashionFoodLaughs · 05/06/2020 17:03

This is the thread I’ve been waiting for! Loving LMOD - at the end of March I started doing the two classes I’ve done before (Sh’bam and Attack) but recently added in Pump after DH managed to find a bar bell and plates online. Have been doing Pump 3x a week for the last 2 weeks and find it’s really improving my running already. I’m hoping to get some definition into my arms - anyone know how long it will take?

Please
or

nbee84 · 05/06/2020 17:04

I'm definitely going to keep LMOD when the gyms reopen. I'm tempted not to go back to the gym at all but I do miss the social side of things and I probably do push a bit harder in the gym as I don't want to be the 1st to modify or give up but all in all I get a really good work out at home. I also try and get out for a run twice a week.

Please
or

Greenteandchives · 05/06/2020 17:13

Hunter there are a few ‘Getting Started with Bodybalance’ that you could try. Or just pick one, maybe a short one, and watch it through before you try it, as often you are in a position which makes it difficult to see the instructors on your screen e.g Downward Facing Dog.
I love Balance, but Step is my favourite. I also appreciate that it takes up less room than trying to manage Attack or Combat in my kitchen. I bought a Step as soon as my gym closed, and use it 3 or 4 times a week.
I wish the filming was a bit less artistic though, as in some cases it can be hard to see whet the instructors are doing because of all the fancy camera angles and arty background lighting.

Please
or

jerometheturnipking · 05/06/2020 17:16

@HunterHearstHelmsley

Is there a good balance release for a beginner? I want to start it but a bit nervous Hmm

I love LMoD!

Body Balance - I really like 82 for a chilled out session. The core track is quite hard but the rest of it is just really nicely paced. Or give 85 where they're outside. The balance track in that one is gorgeous.

I love Combat and Pump. I think my favourite Pump just now is 111. I need my downstairs neighbour to be out if I want to give Attack or Grit a go though Grin it's definitely like 80s Aerobics on speed! OP Grit is hard work, but over before you know it.

I don't think I have the co-ordination for Step. I don't have a step at home so have done it without the step, and also tried doing it using a low box but it's not very stable and I don't fancy injuring myself.

My MIL is a LM instructor and she is very disapproving of LMoD so she doesn't know I do it Wink. It's all well and good arguing that half the appeal is the social side of the classes, but 1) I can't exercise as often as I do at home at group classes for the cost of LMoD 2) Childcare 3) I'm there for the workout and not the social, and I find that the presenters are enough for that. I don't think there are any that grate on my nerves, and I'm not a people person.
Please
or

nbee84 · 05/06/2020 17:24

And if you have kids check out the Born to Move section. I'm a nanny and the kids I look after are doing them daily, much more fun than Joe Wicks.

Please
or

treebeeschatter · 05/06/2020 17:26

Hello!

I'm 3 weeks into a 2 month free trial, but I don't think I'm going to continue, I love love love the dance with Gandalf, but there's just not enough of them. I wish Bodyjam was on there.

I also quite like the Tai-Chi but there's literally about 20 minutes in total!

I quite like Barre, but didn't really enjoy Bodycombat, step or Bodybalance.

Anyone know how often they add new ones, is it worth sticking it out?

Please
or

FanSpamTastic · 05/06/2020 17:34

I love it.

I mainly do Barre or Body Balance. I love the one where the 2 ladies are on a float on a lake in front of the mountains - I want to go there!

But I also like to do the hybrid work outs and try a bit of everything! I even gave Sh'bam a go once!

Please
or

jerometheturnipking · 05/06/2020 17:41

@treebeeschatter

Hello!

I'm 3 weeks into a 2 month free trial, but I don't think I'm going to continue, I love love love the dance with Gandalf, but there's just not enough of them. I wish Bodyjam was on there.

I also quite like the Tai-Chi but there's literally about 20 minutes in total!

I quite like Barre, but didn't really enjoy Bodycombat, step or Bodybalance.

Anyone know how often they add new ones, is it worth sticking it out?

What got me into Combat was doing one of the Remix ones - the first Fight Club 55 minute one. It expects less co-ordination than the standard releases, and it's got options for a couple of the tracks.
Please
or

Greenteandchives · 05/06/2020 18:14

FanSpam interestingly that Bodybalance presentation on the lake/ mountain annoys the hell out of me. It’s a pity because I like that release, but I just think wtaf. And you can’t see what the mountain girls are doing properly.
Maybe it’s because I’m in my kitchen during a pandemic and they’re not. Grin
They’re somewhere really nice.

Please
or

devildeepbluesea · 05/06/2020 18:17

Love LMOD.

Done Pump 3 X per week for 2 months now, definitely built more muscle. Also Combat, interspersed with running on cardio days. Planning on giving Grit a go this week.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.