Please
or
to access all these features

Conflict in the Middle East

Standing up for Israel

934 replies

Fizzadora · 07/02/2024 11:41

So, they have got to MN now too.
I just managed to read the previous post before it got deleted for being inflammatory. Not to me it wasn't but then I don't support terrorists.
Many, many people do stand for Israel and not for Hamas (and by definition their supporters; you know who you are).

OP posts:
tempnameforadvice · 07/02/2024 11:43

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

tempnameforadvice · 07/02/2024 11:44

And just to be very, very clear: I stand for Israeli citizens who are suffering in the back of a horrific mass murder.

The two are not and never will be mutually exclusive.

Fizzadora · 07/02/2024 11:47

Shame on me? I don't think so.
Hamas could stop this in a heartbeat but they continue to 'hide behind all those innocents'

OP posts:
JohnMytton · 07/02/2024 11:50

This has been deleted by MNHQ for breaking our Talk Guidelines.

peachescariad · 07/02/2024 11:53

Agreed - I'm still waiting for MN to clarify what was 'insulting and inflammatory' from the original OP.

YetAnotherSpartacus · 07/02/2024 11:55

Missed the thread.

Hamas are evil.

MrsSkylerWhite · 07/02/2024 11:55

Who are “they”?

No-one has got to me. What happened in Israel was terrible. What’s continuing to be inflicted on Gaza is terrible, too.

Cant you understand that?

JohnMytton · 07/02/2024 11:56

Mercurial123 · 07/02/2024 11:59

I stand for everyone living a life where they have opportunities and a chance to raise their families on both sides. Until the apartheid state that Palestinian endures carries on, nothing will ever be resolved.

It is possible to have empathy and compassion for both sides OP.

MrsSkylerWhite · 07/02/2024 12:00

JohnMytton · Today 11:56

MrsSkylerWhite · Today 11:55

Who are “they”?

No-one has got to me. What happened in Israel was terrible. What’s continuing to be inflicted on Gaza is terrible, too.

Cant you understand that?

“There is absolutely no moral equivalence

Please expand.

JohnMytton · 07/02/2024 12:04

TinyYellow · 07/02/2024 12:06

I don’t believe anyone on here supports terrorists. Supporting Palestine is not supporting terrorism. Some people may support Palestine and Palestinian resistance, but it’s still not terrorism. If Palestinians weren’t being treated so badly, there would be nothing for them to resist, and nothing for propel to try and label as terrorism. The power is all Isreal’s.

ConnieCounter · 07/02/2024 12:07

I didn't see the thread you're talking about but I don't stand with any country that kills 30k people, mostly women and children. I don't understand why any civilised person would stand up for that.

HopeMumsnet · 07/02/2024 12:07

Good afternoon, all.
Just to say, we're not sure who 'they' are but we, as ever, moderate to our own long-standing guidelines rather than individual opinions.
It's always worth casting an eye over these as a refresher, as a broad familiarity with them answers these sorts of questions or concerns in advance and also helps posters to steer clear of moderation problems, which is much the better for all of us.
The opening post of the deleted thread contravened our "deliberately inflammatory behaviour" and "personal attacks" rules, so would never be allowed to remain.
We will let this thread, while technically a TAAT, stand on the proviso that guidelines are followed.

Mumsnet's Talk Guidelines | Mumsnet

A guide to using Mumsnet's discussion boards (Talk), including netiquette, rules of use and how to stay on the right side of the moderating team!

https://www.mumsnet.com/i/netiquette

MrsSkylerWhite · 07/02/2024 12:07

JohnMytton · 07/02/2024 12:08

MrsSkylerWhite · 07/02/2024 12:09

Are you suggesting that the Israel Govt. does not hate Palestinians, @JohnMytton ? That this conflict is entirely one sided?

YetAnotherSpartacus · 07/02/2024 12:10

Some people may support Palestine and Palestinian resistance, but it’s still not terrorism.

Bollocks. 7/10 was terrorism pure and simple.

headstone · 07/02/2024 12:12

I think Pro IDF supporters forget that they are an occupier, they also seem to forget that there is no difference between Israeli children and Palestinian children. We live in age where although all lives are not equal based on race , it is something we strive for. There is no justification for what Israel has done to the civilians of Gaza and the West Bank for the last 74 years, just for having the misfortune of having lived on a land they wanted for themselves.

TinyYellow · 07/02/2024 12:13

headstone · 07/02/2024 12:14

LittleGreenDragons · 07/02/2024 12:15

I think Israel is rather good at standing up for itself at this moment in time. It doesn't really need the rest of us especially since it's got America supplying billions of aid.

Unfortunately Palestinians are being slaughtered in huge numbers in the meantime. I stand for them.

MrsSkylerWhite · 07/02/2024 12:15

YetAnotherSpartacus · Today 12:10

Some people may support Palestine and Palestinian resistance, but it’s still not terrorism.
Bollocks. 7/10 was terrorism pure and simple.

Hamas alone was responsible for that. 13,500 Palestinian children were not.

MrsSkylerWhite · 07/02/2024 12:16

TinyYellow · Today 12:13
I’m sure if the Palestinians has the means to fight back militarily against they would have done but they don’t. Acts like 7/10 are all that was left to them to get the world to notice.”

Please do not conflate the general Palestinian population with Hamas, many of whom equally live under its tyranny.

yumyum33 · 07/02/2024 12:17

I agree with every word.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.